Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hesperon Drop Chance

ChillyWilly

Just want to ask, do people having hard time getting Hesperon? I have 1k of all other Ores and only have 100 of Hesperon, I remember at one point, I went out for 2 hours mining and only got 1 node that is Hesperon, ONLY 1. And I remember it was in a cave near the edge of the map. thats how memorable this 1 Hesperon drop is.

Please let me know if you guys find more

wmvabZ9.png

lOTb5Iq.png

Edited by ChillyWilly

Did you see the new resources from this update? You have to complete a multi stages orb bounties just to get 1 chance to get 3x new resources and even that you have a chance to get a damn relic or a common mod only. And you need 15x of it to level up with Vox Solaris. Just WTH something is definitely wrong with DE in this update. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Did you see the new resources from this update? You have to complete a multi stages orb bounties just to get 1 chance to get 3x new resources and even that you have a chance to get a damn relic or a common mod only. And you need 15x of it to level up with Vox Solaris. Just WTH something is definitely wrong with DE in this update. 

I did see that, They need to make it multistage bounty like the Fortuna Bounties. That way its easier to get

For Hesperon though, None have come up since today.. weird

I felt your pain for the longest time. Mine for 2 hours and get 0 to 30 hesperon. I stopped playing for a few days and everything changed. It was very much like someone flipped a switch on my account to allow hesperon drops. It's borderline not even something you can chock up to rng. And with 8000 hours in the game, I think I have a bit of understanding of it by now. 

So yeah, I feel your pain bro. Just keep at it and hope it gets better.

Yeah not sure if they killed the drop rate or something.  Maybe its a bug, but I had 64 before the patch.  Just farmed for 2 hours and got nothing.  I feel like I didn't have any issue getting this stuff before and now there is a requirement to have 150 alloy for the warframe.  This game is so brutal sometimes, its getting close to WoW level grinding.

I'm seeing exactly the same issue as OP. Spent about 4 hours mining yesterday and only just got enough to make Baruuk. I have literally thousands of other ores now.

Both a resource chance and drop booster equipped. 30 day, so I'm screwed if the chance booster is messing with the Hesperon drops 😕

And dammit, I've just realised that the new amp scaffolds all need Hesperon too 😞

Edited by pook-pook

OK. WTF. I am just doing one more run for the scaffolds and... 58 Hesperon (chance boosted) in two caves. I guess rngesus is smiling today?!

LOL. I take it back. That run left me 2 short of processing enough for the scaffold. Agh. rngesus teases 😛

Edited by pook-pook

It might be just me, but i had much better luck finding Hesperon in the caves in the south-west corner of the map.

I realized this, after having my mining routes start in the south-west and finding Hesperon only in the beginning of my trips, so i began to investigate: only doing the same caves in that corner yielded me about the same amount of Hesperon i was getting for an entire roundtrip of the vallis caves.

So, try it out, it works for me.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Caliha:

It might be just me, but i had much better luck finding Hesperon in the caves in the south-west corner of the map. 

You're not alone. 😉 I farm iwth active booster and smeeta 250 - 330 (was highest for me) in 20-30 minutes in the south/west area around and in this caves.

I seem to have luck with the caves in the south western edge of the map, It seems to have a higher drop chance there (or it might just be the placebo effect) Either ways I did extract with 90+ in 1 misson yesterday. (Cat didnt proc btw)

The rest of the places rarely even have a single hesperon node.

Edited by Klipwc

It might be Texan Sharpshooter Fallacy, but Southwest Caves did gave me better luck too. After 2-3 hours seeing about 4-5 nodes in central area around Fortuna, 2 trips to 3 caves on Southwest region yielded about the same amount of nodes (and each trip was about 6-7 min long).

I just wish DE would come forward and explained this properly, with either a "Stop seeing things. The rates are bad, you'll take and love it, or buy using plat when RNGesus wants them to be on Daily Special", or a "Yes, resources availability are not uniform over the map, similar to how resources exist on some planets but not on others."

Because I don't recall a single NPC conversation or patch note that could point anyone into thinking that where you mine might make all the difference. Also, in case it's the second option, having a tool that you can buy from the miner NPC that allowed to know which ores have higher concentration near you would be nice. It's either that, or some NPCs talk about the areas, because I ain't cataloguing ore output all over their largest map yet for enough time for me to have a low enough p-value to know for sure where is best to get what (plus by the time this work is done, all ore needs will be gone, and I'll be sick of mining).

Edited by R4dioS1lence
spell-checking, and bolding

I went through and stockpiled ore a while before the update and haven't needed to get more since so I can't quite comment on this issue currently but I do have a theory on why it may seem more rare.

I've never found anything to confirm it but back farming sentient gems on the plains I've always gotten more consistent turnouts when loading the plains with a high level bounty active. Some natural resources there like Iradite are in fact tied to nearby enemy level so I wouldn't be too surprised if that also affects ore/gem rates.

If correct and the same system is used on the Vallis this could also explain why some people are seeing more hesperon at the edges of the map as enemies are at a higher base level in those areas.

Edited by trst

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-12-19 at 11:53 AM, ChillyWilly said:

Just want to ask, do people having hard time getting Hesperon? I have 1k of all other Ores and only have 100 of Hesperon, I remember at one point, I went out for 2 hours mining and only got 1 node tovehat is Hesperon, ONLY 1. And I remember it was in a cave near the edge of the map. thats how memorable this 1 Hesperon drop is.

Please let me know if you guys find more

wmvabZ9.png

lOTb5Iq.png

Weird i got over 1000 of hesperon and all my remain resource is around 2000 and above