Are there "True Beleivers" in the Corpus Conglomerate?

Unus

Heya folks, just a little something that's been prodding at me since we started wandering Fortuna.

We all know Neffy boy is basically a gargantuan televangelist figure, meant to squeeze credit from each and every source he can find.

However, outside of Nef, there are entire industries that don't follow his pursuits, full on board members we know next to nothing about.

Do you think they ALL function as faith scams as a unified whole?

Could they vary slightly like multiple sects in a modern faith, each one specializing in some aspect of religion and commerce?

Or, just a crazier then crazy thought, could there actually be members who truly beleive in the Corpus' faith, peons and bigwigs alike, and we only get our first-view of the religion through the heavily distorted looking glass of a sycophantic false preacher and (to a lesser degree) a fringe nut-case who dabbled in bio-terror?

It would be fascinating to meet a group like that, not just the rebels in Perrin Sequence, but an actual faithful group who may take umbrage at Anyo's excess and squandering and may help us knock him down a peg or two. Perhaps a "cult of customer service" or a "Congregation of Quality Assurance". Still hate us, but, hateing Nef even more for violateing actual laws of their faith.

Ell, even just more variance among the existing Corpus troops would be lovely, alla, the Grins several legions. I know I've thought about it.

Edited by Unus
  • Like 3

Interesting idea here. I think the Corpus board of Directors are aware of the many different schemes in use by Nef, however they dismiss them since he is a very big contributor to the conglomerate. We first learned he develops and stages different types of robotics and we’ve seen it over the years up until recently, where he is also in charge of the Venus terraforming initiative, or what’s left of it. 

From a purely religious perspective, don’t all corpus believe that they are one with the “corpus” and the corpus is one with them? Looking at the banners on the Ice planet/corpus outpost and gas city tile sets they all seem to share some type of religious view that encourages working together and conglomerately.

If we add the Grineer into the mix, then it seems both factions have that one guy that religiously preaches about the Void.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

From the other big figures within the Corpus such as Frodh Bek and Alad V, Nef is just a money cultist weirdo than there being any central belief among the Corpus beyond making money. I doubt his directors and grunts even care about his weird obsession with cosplaying as a Mod since they don't share any visible patterns but they do know he is drawing in money which is why they work for him. That is, if they weren't forced into servitude through debt.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Interesting idea here. I think the Corpus board of Directors are aware of the many different schemes in use by Nef, however they dismiss them since he is a very big contributor to the conglomerate. We first learned he develops and stages different types of robotics and we’ve seen it over the years up until recently, where he is also in charge of the Venus terraforming initiative, or what’s left of it. 

From a purely religious perspective, don’t all corpus believe that they are one with the “corpus” and the corpus is one with them? Looking at the banners on the Ice planet/corpus outpost and gas city tile sets they all seem to share some type of religious view that encourages working together and conglomerately.

If we add the Grineer into the mix, then it seems both factions have that one guy that religiously preaches about the Void.

Heh, at least until he stopped delivering on the goods, alla, the latest scandal. . .

Hence why I was wondering. Is this body fully whole, or is it divided into sections, each piece with a specific task in keeping the body going. Luxor and Beekloud seem to be the big left and right hands that shovel wealth into their collective pockets, while Nef seems to be a sort of. . . intestine-rectum combo? Digest hard to process food (debtors) and expel it (repo).

Heh, with one guy practiceing it as an Alex Jones figure who won't drink the punch with the rest, while the other is stuck in digital delusions shoved in place by a security system. Artificial rapture.

41 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

From the other big figures within the Corpus such as Frodh Bek and Alad V, Nef is just a money cultist weirdo than there being any central belief among the Corpus beyond making money. I doubt his directors and grunts even care about his weird obsession with cosplaying as a Mod since they don't share any visible patterns but they do know he is drawing in money which is why they work for him. That is, if they weren't forced into servitude through debt.

We haven't really seen hide noir hair of the two, have we? I wonder if Venus' profitable condition will ever get impacted enough for there to be a sort of "inquisitorial inquiry" into just what's going on.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad to see this thread when I was away, slight thread-grave-digging, but I do have some 'fan-fiction' theory about it but it does not have a basis of real lore in it. Been wanting to post about Corpus sects and true faith for a while...  Did you read my mind? So I'll post what I think about it here now

Beware, long post and it's a total waffle. For actual lore, see other posts.

Yes, I believe there are Corpus 'true believers', and their true faith might not even be about profit as a material gain to be with.. and it is likely have to do with the void, and  'preserving individualism and working co-operatingly' ideal. Pursuing prosperity and trade culture is possibly a part of it as well. Possibly with 'old-world preservation' of New Loka threw into its mix. The void is probably not just Nef thing because Alad V's prayer also mentioned it (I commit thee to the void)

It is generally seen by players that 'Corpus are the descendant of Orokin' due to their scavenging, however if a look is taken at Orokin's social structure back then. Where caste is based on genetic modification, to be made to do a specific job, that it was a taboo to even have twins children naturally... which is closest to the Grineer, which to me seems like a ironic depravation Orokin has become. (And that Grineer is possibly the most direct descendant of Orokins due to Twin Queens and the leftover of high-orokin genetic imprinted in all of them, Void Damage resistant in their cloned flesh is a pointer.) Then if Corpus is an opposite to grineer.

Then I would rather say that 'Corpus' was a religion of anti-Orokin, the people who value grit and down-to-earth competition, individual's pursuit in life and personal freedom. The religion was likely named a different name as Corpus meant something akin to family unit in the Orokin time. Although as they came into power, as anything, got corrupted and I would even say the mainstream Corpus lost its way that 'true believers' has become a fringe themselves. They started to breed specific castes for specific jobs like Crewman codex, and Nef took it to an eleven with Fortuna... becoming what they hate just as the Grineer are for extra irony

To why I say that they may have a bit of 'old earth' believes like New Loka? This is mostly based on how Perrin Sequence is allied with New Loka, other than peace and prosperity thingy. They are mostly unaugmented human who believes technology is still a tool separate from them... for ostensibly sleek and futuristic faction compared to the grineer (Who just aug everything and very technocratic), Corpus are actually more 'conservative' in the ideas of human-machine interface.

It would be fascinating to meet a group like that, not just the rebels in Perrin Sequence, but an actual faithful group who may take umbrage at Anyo's excess and squandering and may help us knock him down a peg or two. Perhaps a "cult of customer service" or a "Congregation of Quality Assurance". Still hate us, but, hateing Nef even more for violateing actual laws of their faith.

Funnily that you said it, I actually thought of that group concept before as an idea 'Where has Alad V gone?'. That he went to work with true believers fringe group who is unlike tenno-allied syndicates. They just do what they please and runs with the idea that they would work with Tenno if it benefits them.

After this, is a bit more off-base fanficeque ideas but I like to think about them.

First, I kind of see factions with parallels of ancient factions

Grineer - Orokin

Tenno - Sentient

Corpus - Infestation

The first two is quite obvious with Twin Queens and Lotus. Corpus with infestation because of the whole Alad V thing and how they always seem to get themselves into infested scenarios.... and perhaps just like the Infested, the core of corpus ideology is as ancient, dating to even before the birth of Orokin. They are what 'The Agency' has become. (obvious parallel between Alad V and Mezner). I just like to think they've been around pushing things behind for thousands of years but they've adapted and changed based on the socital situation, created the infested and wrecked the world once, created the sentients and wrecked the world again (Crewman synthesis).

And the last extra 'fanfic' tidbits about preserving the old world other than them being a torch-bearer of The Agency. Corpus alphabets are the one that might be the closest to 'old world' remnants, basing off latin and cryillic. Since everything is a cypher and spoken language is based on swapping out letters, I don't know what their language will actually look like but from the way they put thing in and out to convey the feel. Corpus language is possibly mostly evolved from Western Slavic languages (Czech, Polish...). They seem like a very last group that still use hindu-arabic numbers (along with binary) from Alad V trailer.... So to back up why they seem to be the one who could be with New Loka/digging out relics.

Edited by Ammisro

I think it is in general the pursuit of wealth that drives the average corpus individual. They are indoctrinated to it and even if some or most of them don't subscribe to Nef's nonsense, the extreme regard of wealth and earning it is part of the core culture. 

The core aspect of the Faith of Nef is the belief in the divinity or holiness of the Void itself. That part in and of itself could be a very widely held belief even outside of Nef's followers. His take on it promises that through him and granting him your wealth, the Void will give you back. Standard televangelist deal, just replace some words and presto. 

But that brings me back to the cultural aspect. Even if some corpus individuals (or most) don't believe in the divinity of the Void, the cultural dogma of working hard towards personal prosperity and wealth is still there. Even the Perin Sequence still holds to this. They simply reject the currently held main belief or thought in the high echelons of Corpus leadership that conflict, strife and exploitation of others is the best way to prosperity. PS is still after wealth and such, but they see that through more altruistic means, the ultimate profits will be far greater for more people then the apparent "short term" gains the current Corpus direction is more interested in if people not only strive to enrich themselves, but others as well. 

They are a trade culture to the extreme. In one of the "Ask a Cephalon" entries, it is said that one event Corpus celebrate in a family setting is someone's first trade transaction that earns a profit. Usually some younger individual, selling off their toys and such to fund further pursuits. This means that induction into the trade-cult mentality is very strong even in the earliest of ages. The second one after that is if said young individual through trade leaves a competitor in financial ruin or drives them out of business. Which would basically mean the same thing. 

There is also to consider the social structure of Corpus. Something we know NOTHING about. Are they class based, much like the Orokin? Does this main "government" basically amount to a cartel of large corporations or syndicates? Or is there an actual "Corpus" mother corporation and all others are just smaller subsidiaries of one larger mother-company? Is the whole bit about Neptune being home to Corpus indoctrination temples still true? Because if so, this whole wealth cult thing might simply be a part of Corpus brainwashing technique. Something put into the mind of the lowly crewman to motivate them on. 

So many questions. 

A large number of useful information regarding lore can be found in Fragments. Let's read the one called 'Corpus Crew':

"Predominantly a merchant guild, Corpus labour and security forces are composed of mostly purpose-bred humanoid crewmen, and animal-like robots; both equally indoctrinated into a ritualized and propagandist devotion to labour and work."

This makes the answer a lot more certain: what we know as the Corpus is a powerful union of the most influential merchants and businessmen (known as the Board of Directors) which have under their subordination a military corporation consisting of semi-intellectual machines and genetically modified humans both heavily indoctrinated by a religion-like cult of profit (more like profit through heavy labour for lower rank Corpus)

One of the most influential figures inside the cult is an infamous member of the Board - Nef Anyo who was probably accepted there after he being a sergeant invented the most radical branch of the cult (see False Profit), he also known as the Preacher.

There are some deviations from the central doctrine of the cult.

The more known is of course Perrin Sequence: both a corporation and a religion working with the Tenno

The other one is more mysterious, named the Black Seed. They are a group of outcasts not allied with the Corpus or any other faction. They were seen and entered an open fight with the Tenno warriors allied with director Frohd Bek only once during Black Seed Scourge alert. Their actions are connected with spreading and cultivating the Infestation as a part of their beliefs in profit.

So in short - there are both true believers in the Corpus cult and cunning manipulators using it for their purpose, and the cult itself can be seen in many various, sometimes quite eccentrical forms.

P.S. For general information you can also read the Fragments: 'Corpus Weapons', 'Corpus', 'Robotics', 'Europa', 'Jupiter' and for some facts regarding history of the Corpus - Anti MOA and Detron Crewman Synthesis imprints.

Edited by ant99999
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ant99999 said:

A large number of useful information regarding lore can be found in Fragments. Let's read the one called 'Corpus Crew':

"Predominantly a merchant guild, Corpus labour and security forces are composed of mostly purpose-bred humanoid crewmen, and animal-like robots; both equally indoctrinated into a ritualized and propagandist devotion to labour and work."

This makes the answer a lot more certain: what we know as the Corpus is a powerful union of the most influential merchants and businessmen (known as the Board of Directors) which have under their subordination a military corporation consisting of semi-intellectual machines and genetically modified humans both heavily indoctrinated by a religion-like cult of profit (more like profit through heavy labour for lower rank Corpus)

One of the most influential figures inside the cult is an infamous member of the Board - Nef Anyo who was probably accepted there after he being a sergeant invented the most radical branch of the cult (see False Profit), he also known as the Preacher.

The more known is of course Perrin Sequence: both a corporation and a religion working with the Tenno

The other one is more mysterious, named the Black Seed. They are a group of outcasts not allied with the Corpus or any other faction. They were seen and entered an open fight with the Tenno warriors allied with director Frohd Bek only once during Black Seed Scourge alert. Their actions are connected with spreading and cultivating the Infestation as a part of their beliefs in profit.

So in short - there are both true believers in the Corpus cult and cunning manipulators using it for their purpose, and the cult itself can be seen in many various, sometimes quite eccentrical forms.

P.S. For general information you can also read the Fragments: 'Corpus Weapons', 'Corpus', 'Robotics', 'Europa', 'Jupiter' and for some facts regarding history of the Corpus - Anti MOA and Detron Crewman Synthesis imprints.

I almost forgot the Black Seed, thanks for mentioning it. Would be interesting if they're to be brought back in some form.

6 hours ago, Ammisro said:

I'm glad to see this thread when I was away, slight thread-grave-digging, but I do have some 'fan-fiction' theory about it but it does not have a basis of real lore in it. Been wanting to post about Corpus sects and true faith for a while...  Did you read my mind? So I'll post what I think about it here now

Beware, long post and it's a total waffle. For actual lore, see other posts.

Yes, I believe there are Corpus 'true believers', and their true faith might not even be about profit as a material gain to be with.. and it is likely have to do with the void, and  'preserving individualism and working co-operatingly' ideal. Pursuing prosperity and trade culture is possibly a part of it as well. Possibly with 'old-world preservation' of New Loka threw into its mix. The void is probably not just Nef thing because Alad V's prayer also mentioned it (I commit thee to the void)

It is generally seen by players that 'Corpus are the descendant of Orokin' due to their scavenging, however if a look is taken at Orokin's social structure back then. Where caste is based on genetic modification, to be made to do a specific job, that it was a taboo to even have twins children naturally... which is closest to the Grineer, which to me seems like a ironic depravation Orokin has become. (And that Grineer is possibly the most direct descendant of Orokins due to Twin Queens and the leftover of high-orokin genetic imprinted in all of them, Void Damage resistant in their cloned flesh is a pointer.) Then if Corpus is an opposite to grineer.

Then I would rather say that 'Corpus' was a religion of anti-Orokin, the people who value grit and down-to-earth competition, individual's pursuit in life and personal freedom. The religion was likely named a different name as Corpus meant something akin to family unit in the Orokin time. Although as they came into power, as anything, got corrupted and I would even say the mainstream Corpus lost its way that 'true believers' has become a fringe themselves. They started to breed specific castes for specific jobs like Crewman codex, and Nef took it to an eleven with Fortuna... becoming what they hate just as the Grineer are for extra irony

To why I say that they may have a bit of 'old earth' believes like New Loka? This is mostly based on how Perrin Sequence is allied with New Loka, other than peace and prosperity thingy. They are mostly unaugmented human who believes technology is still a tool separate from them... for ostensibly sleek and futuristic faction compared to the grineer (Who just aug everything and very technocratic), Corpus are actually more 'conservative' in the ideas of human-machine interface.

Funnily that you said it, I actually thought of that group concept before as an idea 'Where has Alad V gone?'. That he went to work with true believers fringe group who is unlike tenno-allied syndicates. They just do what they please and runs with the idea that they would work with Tenno if it benefits them.

After this, is a bit more off-base fanficeque ideas but I like to think about them.

First, I kind of see factions with parallels of ancient factions

Grineer - Orokin

Tenno - Sentient

Corpus - Infestation

The first two is quite obvious with Twin Queens and Lotus. Corpus with infestation because of the whole Alad V thing and how they always seem to get themselves into infested scenarios.... and perhaps just like the Infested, the core of corpus ideology is as ancient, dating to even before the birth of Orokin. They are what 'The Agency' has become. (obvious parallel between Alad V and Mezner). I just like to think they've been around pushing things behind for thousands of years but they've adapted and changed based on the socital situation, created the infested and wrecked the world once, created the sentients and wrecked the world again (Crewman synthesis).

And the last extra 'fanfic' tidbits about preserving the old world other than them being a torch-bearer of The Agency. Corpus alphabets are the one that might be the closest to 'old world' remnants, basing off latin and cryillic. Since everything is a cypher and spoken language is based on swapping out letters, I don't know what their language will actually look like but from the way they put thing in and out to convey the feel. Corpus language is possibly mostly evolved from Western Slavic languages (Czech, Polish...). They seem like a very last group that still use hindu-arabic numbers (along with binary) from Alad V trailer.... So to back up why they seem to be the one who could be with New Loka/digging out relics.

Hm. . . grave-digging aside, I hear what your saying. The story seems to suggest that they revere the Orokin in an ancestral worship capacity though, less "anti Orokin" and more "attempting to emulate the Orokin through what limited means they have available to them".

4 hours ago, Lakais said:

I think it is in general the pursuit of wealth that drives the average corpus individual. They are indoctrinated to it and even if some or most of them don't subscribe to Nef's nonsense, the extreme regard of wealth and earning it is part of the core culture. 

The core aspect of the Faith of Nef is the belief in the divinity or holiness of the Void itself. That part in and of itself could be a very widely held belief even outside of Nef's followers. His take on it promises that through him and granting him your wealth, the Void will give you back. Standard televangelist deal, just replace some words and presto. 

But that brings me back to the cultural aspect. Even if some corpus individuals (or most) don't believe in the divinity of the Void, the cultural dogma of working hard towards personal prosperity and wealth is still there. Even the Perin Sequence still holds to this. They simply reject the currently held main belief or thought in the high echelons of Corpus leadership that conflict, strife and exploitation of others is the best way to prosperity. PS is still after wealth and such, but they see that through more altruistic means, the ultimate profits will be far greater for more people then the apparent "short term" gains the current Corpus direction is more interested in if people not only strive to enrich themselves, but others as well. 

They are a trade culture to the extreme. In one of the "Ask a Cephalon" entries, it is said that one event Corpus celebrate in a family setting is someone's first trade transaction that earns a profit. Usually some younger individual, selling off their toys and such to fund further pursuits. This means that induction into the trade-cult mentality is very strong even in the earliest of ages. The second one after that is if said young individual through trade leaves a competitor in financial ruin or drives them out of business. Which would basically mean the same thing. 

There is also to consider the social structure of Corpus. Something we know NOTHING about. Are they class based, much like the Orokin? Does this main "government" basically amount to a cartel of large corporations or syndicates? Or is there an actual "Corpus" mother corporation and all others are just smaller subsidiaries of one larger mother-company? Is the whole bit about Neptune being home to Corpus indoctrination temples still true? Because if so, this whole wealth cult thing might simply be a part of Corpus brainwashing technique. Something put into the mind of the lowly crewman to motivate them on. 

So many questions. 

AH, how I miss the "Ask a Cephalon" segments! I wonder if we will ever get such nuggets of insight in a similar manner ever again? 

Ah, so, for you, the true belief is the cultural "always reach for the pinnacle wealth through hyper-capitalism" lifestyle, while Mr. Anyo's change in the formula is that he added a semi-deifying layer of ". . . and only the Void is capable of granting you the pinnacle!".

4 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Hm, so, "a seperate "proper" cultural doctrine, with extremist and actually religious elements on the fringes that are tolerated so long as they hold the cultural core in it's proper place" seems to be the route that you and possibly the game itself abides by.

Seems almost like a "sacred philosophy" rather then a religion, in the vein of Confucianism and it's adherents, but then with some lenience for faith in a higher power.

Yeah, a very interested faction these fanatics are. It was they who let the Juggernauts out of Alad's laboratories, they probably created and grown Behemoth species of Juggernauts, and as far as my theory goes they played far not the smallest part in how Jordas J3 came to existence (since how heavily the golems are guarded by Juggernauts).

What we saw during the Tactical Alert was mere their operatives. Imagine what their fighting force could be. They had pretty much time to grow infested weaponry, infested robotics or maybe even fully controllable infested crewmen under their command.

2 минуты назад, Unus сказал:

Hm, so, "a seperate "proper" cultural doctrine, with extremist and actually religious elements on the fringes that are tolerated so long as they hold the cultural core in it's proper place" seems to be the route that you and possibly the game itself abides by.

Pretty much this. The Board only approves what it considers profitable. Perrin Sequence's ideology of profit through prosperity let alone Black Seed's dangerous fanatism would never be accepted. On the contrary, Nef's intense 'praising the Void' would make a believer's efforts and money contribution only bigger and bigger. And the Board loves money.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . grave-digging aside, I hear what your saying. The story seems to suggest that they revere the Orokin in an ancestral worship capacity though, less "anti Orokin" and more "attempting to emulate the Orokin through what limited means they have available to them".

True, without making too deep or 'plot twist' this is more likely the answer. I do believe they wanted to 'continue' with Orokin technology, and that is their respect of them.. but also in a sense that they 'initially' may not want to go down the same path and rather put up their new ways/ancestral worship of 'pre-orokin' as well.. (some datamines hints..) and winded up following Orokin disaster's.

I guess I've been using too much Dark Souls-esque for the approach of lore.

3 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Yeah, a very interested faction these fanatics are. It was they who let the Juggernauts out of Alad's laboratories, they probably created and grown Behemoth species of Juggernauts, and as far as my theory goes they played far not the smallest part in how Jordas J3 came to existence (since how heavily the golems are guarded by Juggernauts).

What we saw during the Tactical Alert was mere their operatives. Imagine what their fighting force could be. They had pretty much time to grow infested weaponry, infested robotics or maybe even fully controllable infested crewmen under their command.

It could very well be that, because competition and strife are considered profitable in their culture, they themselves think they can make profit by CREATEING problems that can be solved with capitalistic investment. A "Black Seed" is planted, and only they have the weed-killer you need to remove it.

1 hour ago, Ammisro said:

True, without making too deep or 'plot twist' this is more likely the answer. I do believe they wanted to 'continue' with Orokin technology, and that is their respect of them.. but also in a sense that they 'initially' may not want to go down the same path and rather put up their new ways/ancestral worship of 'pre-orokin' as well.. (some datamines hints..) and winded up following Orokin disaster's.

I guess I've been using too much Dark Souls-esque for the approach of lore.

Datamined hints? Oh?

Also, whatcha mean by "Dark Souls-esque?".

1 hour ago, Legion-Shields said:

?

1 час назад, Unus сказал:

It could very well be that, because competition and strife are considered profitable in their culture, they themselves think they can make profit by CREATEING problems that can be solved with capitalistic investment. A "Black Seed" is planted, and only they have the weed-killer you need to remove it.

Very capitalistic indeed. They are probably developing the vaccine at the same time trying to infest as much as they can inside their reach. And then of course sell both vaccine and biological weaponry for 'reasonable' prices.

The Board however seems to be afraid of such revolutionary business practices. And it is understandable as since the very creation of the Technocite trying to use it for ones interests usually ended up pretty sadly for them (which is also the main reason of Alad V becoming persona non-grata among the Corpus).

17 hours ago, Unus said:

Datamined hints? Oh?

Also, whatcha mean by "Dark Souls-esque?".

Datamined quest/event about Corpus scout ships investigating old Earth ruins  that we'll get more skins as the rewards, pretty much making it much more possible that Dark Sector is canon. However, these are scrapped for now so we'll never know for sure how significant is this or if DE will put it back on the table again. (I guess I've been getting too preachy with my stupid headcanon..) You know, TWW was datamined so they have to park Umbra until years later and the story was then changed.

Dark Souls-esque means you're taking bits and bobs including environmental story telling from a very vague start to construct a lore theory which can be very wildly different depends on people seeing it.

Edited by Ammisro

5 часов назад, Ammisro сказал:

Datamined quest/event about Corpus scout ships investigating old Earth ruins  that we'll get more skins as the rewards, pretty much making it much more possible that Dark Sector is canon.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember exactly what did DE said about DS in relation to Warframe? Because if you consider all we know about the universe right now nothing still prevents DS story from being a very very early prequel to Warframe, and even more, it is quite nicely fits in its universe.

5 часов назад, Ammisro сказал:

Dark Souls-esque means you're taking bits and bobs including environmental story telling from a very vague start to construct a lore theory which can be very wildly different depends on people seeing it.

In other words - the only appropriate way to learn the lore. I mean it neither fun nor engaging to have the game serving its story on a plate like a children's fairy-tale.

25 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Speaking of which, does anyone remember exactly what did DE said about DS in relation to Warframe? Because if you consider all we know about the universe right now nothing still prevents DS story from being a very very early prequel to Warframe, and even more, it is quite nicely fits in its universe.

Some DE members wanted it to be canon prequels but would rather left it vague (some clip in early day of Warframe with airquotes), however there were some contradicting statement as well. They keep flipping around the 'canonity of Dark Sector. I agree with you that there's nothing in Warframe that contradicts Dark Sector at all and if it was canon to begin with. I explains a lot about the nature of Warframe and Infested. People who keep saying that it doesn't work think in the way that 'Hayden was a Tenno', which he was not quite one, and his suit was just a 'suit made of technocyte' but not Warframe. I like them to be connected 'very very early prequel' though.

Some players seem to 'hate' Dark Sector and like to go tell people it wasn't related though in hope of 'supporting DE out of their past shame'. The game was forced upon them due to the publisher at the day and DE didn't really want to make it, but now there's Warframe so I guess.. They are happy now. (And they wouldn't keep adding DS things if they don't like it that much)

35 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

In other words - the only appropriate way to learn the lore. I mean it neither fun nor engaging to have the game serving its story on a plate like a children's fairy-tale.

Agreed, I love doing that when the nature of the story lead it to happen. I find Warframe to have a lot of subtle hints here and there similary but not a lot of discussion going.

8 hours ago, Ammisro said:

Datamined quest/event about Corpus scout ships investigating old Earth ruins  that we'll get more skins as the rewards, pretty much making it much more possible that Dark Sector is canon. However, these are scrapped for now so we'll never know for sure how significant is this or if DE will put it back on the table again. (I guess I've been getting too preachy with my stupid headcanon..) You know, TWW was datamined so they have to park Umbra until years later and the story was then changed.

OH! The Sector skins! I WAS wondering where they disappeared to. Huh.

Oh. . . eh, not my cuppa tea. I mean, unless the author mentally knows EXACTLY what happened and left the pieces for people to construct it from. It feels like a cop-out of sorts to make an event "widely interpretable" in my eyes, like "here, have this disjointed pile of puzzle pieces, I don't know how they fit togethor, but, you may!".

"THE SACRIFICE" QUEST SPOILERS AHEAD.

---

I would like to offer a small clue that Ballas provides: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sacrifice/Transcript

Ballas: Before the vain faith - our people held Dualism as truth. That all things were of two parts. Mind and body. Consciousness and matter. Of our world... and the Void. It was from there that our answer finally came.

So overall, I believe the Orokin people (or rather, subjects of the "true" Orokin, the highest class members) as a whole eventually came to form the Corpus society.

imo, if by "true believers" you mean "through-and-through suckers", then, yeah, the corpus is mostly made up of them, except that they get rarer as you go up the ranks. the top dogs such as bek and alad do not seem to give off the impression of having any religious convictions at all if we ignore some religious-sounding formalities that they drop once or twice, which they probably think of as laughable. anyo is a different matter, but he's your basic narcissist with a messiah complex and some other miscellaneous screws loose.

10 hours ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

"THE SACRIFICE" QUEST SPOILERS AHEAD.

---

I would like to offer a small clue that Ballas provides: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sacrifice/Transcript

So overall, I believe the Orokin people (or rather, subjects of the "true" Orokin, the highest class members) as a whole eventually came to form the Corpus society.

Ah, a derivative split in an old faith.

Duality was the parent progenitor faith, "Vainism" was the Orokin one, and Corpus Doctrine is the youngest child, attempting to seek aspects of Vainism and Duality, but with the added quality of "Beauty can only be achieved by first having the wealth to achieve it.".

Anyo may have found out a bit about the spiritual aspects that were next-to-forgotten, half-remembered through aphorisms and sayings and, exploiting the lack of a truly "spiritual" side to the modern faith, brought old ideas in with a shiny price tag attached.

5 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

There are absolutely True Believers

Just drop into Trade Chat

(Rimshot)

At least no ones asked me to fill their Voids yet (cold shiver).

1 hour ago, evilChair said:

imo, if by "true believers" you mean "through-and-through suckers", then, yeah, the corpus is mostly made up of them, except that they get rarer as you go up the ranks. the top dogs such as bek and alad do not seem to give off the impression of having any religious convictions at all if we ignore some religious-sounding formalities that they drop once or twice, which they probably think of as laughable. anyo is a different matter, but he's your basic narcissist with a messiah complex and some other miscellaneous screws loose.

Oh, I wasn't expecting a full-blown church of any kind anywhere in the manner of a caliphate or popedom, more like, say, rigoursly adhered to "faith-philosophy's" in the manner of Indian Buddhism or (even better) Chinese Confucianism. You HAVE to beleive in order to fit in (and live at all), but, you "worship" by living the espoused ideals rather then have worship services.

I'm well aware Anyo is very much selling a "product" to the religiously starved masses.