Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strain mod set effects not working?

Ayures

Maybe I'm missing it or doing something wrong somehow, but I put Strain Eruption on my charger and I have yet to see a cyst pop up or a maggot pop out or anything. Has anyone had it work for them? Maybe provide some screenshots so I know what to look for.

[edit] I now have Eruption and Consume equipped. Not seeing any cysts or maggots. I've also tried switching to the regular helminth charger visuals as well (since I normally run mine with the Metus/deluxe skin).

Edited by Ayures

It didn't work for me when I had only 2 of the mods on but when I equipped all 4 then it worked.

This is what they look like growing on the helminth charger. The charger poops the balls when they are finished growing'

https://imgur.com/a/9NVbvhG

The balls hatch into maggots that act similar to nidus's maggots like jumping on enemies and making them dance. I also believe that the strain fever mod also makes the charger grow as while the maggots were growing on the charger, the charger grew bigger as I was staring at it.

Edited by Darklight65

Okay, I finally got the last part of the set and then it does seem to work, though not as I expected.

1) The cysts only grow when you're actively in combat.

2) The cysts only drop off all at once. I thought after 25s, the first one would drop off, then 3s later the next one, etc. I think it would be more useful that way as 25s in a single bit of combat is kind of rare in this game (though pretty common in most bounties).

3) I can't tell if Consume is working. It's really hard to test myself, but dead maggots don't drop anything.

Minor notes:

Yes, the maggots seem to work for building nidus stacks.

No, the cysts don't show up on the Metus skin. On one hand, I kind of like this because the Metus skin looks neat without cysts. On the other hand, I have no way to tell if my doggo is actually building cysts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the maggots seem to work for building nidus stacks.

They don't, unfortunately. This ironically makes Nidus the worst frame to synergize with the set as you are basically losing the whole set bonus when you cast your Virulence as compared to other frames that get some additional CC on enemies by spawning maggots.

There is also a bug allowing you to gain 160% critical damage bonus if you let your Helminth bleed out with all cysts grown while using 4 set pieces. I'll pull a shameless plug but I was hoping some issues would have been fixed with the latest hotfix, yet nothing happened:

Edited by Bristoling

On 2019-01-09 at 3:14 PM, Bristoling said:

They don't, unfortunately. This ironically makes Nidus the worst frame to synergize with the set as you are basically losing the whole set bonus when you cast your Virulence as compared to other frames that get some additional CC on enemies by spawning maggots.

There is also a bug allowing you to gain 160% critical damage bonus if you let your Helminth bleed out with all cysts grown while using 4 set pieces. I'll pull a shameless plug but I was hoping some issues would have been fixed with the latest hotfix, yet nothing happened:

It works for me. If I Virulence the Strain maggots when they're within exploding distance of enemies, I get stacks for it just like I do with regular Ravenous maggots.

[edit] Just checked again. It used to work for me. Not anymore.

Edited by Ayures

55 minutes ago, Ayures said:

It works for me. If I Virulence the Strain maggots when they're within exploding distance of enemies, I get stacks for it just like I do with regular Ravenous maggots.

[edit] Just checked again. It used to work for me. Not anymore.

Yep, to make sure I wasn't wrong I've tested it again and can confirm, they don't grant any stacks. I know that Infection and Eruption don't cause Helminth to grow cyst, Fever is required, not sure about Consume but anyway the other 2 need fixing. I've done another test on dead Helminth, and critical damage multiplier from cysts still persists when Helminth dies with Infection bonus.

Apart from bugs, I still firmly believe that the mod set is very underpowered and while little maggots running around might be cute, building around them requires too many sacrificies in order for it to be worth it.