Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ABout the new hairstyles....

RogueSyndiva

Nothing against the devs, but my operator ( a girl ), looks like her forehead is quite exposed and big/biggified (whatever suitable term you can think of) when I gave her one of the new hairstyles that is similar to Cyberpunk 2077 main protaganist's hairstyle (The girl one).  

https://imgur.com/8u3jUy9

Take a look yourself, I personally got petrified when I look at her.

Personal opinion: It could REALLY need some proper polishing and tweaks to make it look stunning.

Edited by RogueSyndiva

The problem is the hairline. It's excessively thin to the point where characters look like they have a receding hairline or in some cases like they're wearing a hair-like helmet, especially on the sides. The hairline itself is also crooked and doesn't really match up to where a person's hairline would be. The new hair texture is also messy to the point of appearing matter, like the texture of a straw broom or basket. That might make sense for some of the curly hairstyle, but it makes no sense for the apparently straight ones, giving the appearance of a slob who doesn't comb their hair. Speaking of a slob who doesn't comb their hair, this is not a good look.

My impression is DE shot for "realistic" hair over the typical shampoo commercial perfect hair and caused themselves a bunch of problems for it. Neat hair is easier to model, looks better and is generally what people are used to. I'd be perfectly fine with simpler, opaque shapes for hair rather than these layers of matter fur.

22 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

The problem is the hairline. It's excessively thin to the point where characters look like they have a receding hairline or in some cases like they're wearing a hair-like helmet, especially on the sides. The hairline itself is also crooked and doesn't really match up to where a person's hairline would be. The new hair texture is also messy to the point of appearing matter, like the texture of a straw broom or basket. That might make sense for some of the curly hairstyle, but it makes no sense for the apparently straight ones, giving the appearance of a slob who doesn't comb their hair. Speaking of a slob who doesn't comb their hair, this is not a good look.

My impression is DE shot for "realistic" hair over the typical shampoo commercial perfect hair and caused themselves a bunch of problems for it. Neat hair is easier to model, looks better and is generally what people are used to. I'd be perfectly fine with simpler, opaque shapes for hair rather than these layers of matter fur.

I agree to this. Even a slob who doesn't comb their hair doesn't have hair this messy or stiff, really, because RL I don't comb my hair and there's no way my hair will be this messy, ugly or straggly, be it when it is long or short, since hair doesn't tend to "stick to each other in clumps". If you ask me, it looks more like someone forgot to wash the wax out of their hair after spending a day with wax all over it to make it stiff, went to sleep and then woke up with a mess. Hair isn't so naturally puffy at such a length for the straight styles.

DE isn't even shooting for realistic hair. I use cheap ass supermarket shampoo and I have never gotten something so messed before RL (most of my time my hair goes over my eyes fringe wise so it's equivalent to the shorter operator styles. Just because I am a male doesn't mean I need to shave off chunks of hair) . It's almost like putting a mop on the operator's head, really.

Some of the hairs in fact look like overly gelled up ones from anime. I'd say there's even one or two who would deserve a place in Jojo Bizarre Adventures.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-12-19 at 10:06 PM, Steel_Rook said:

This is the one I've been looking for.  TY.

Edit:  It's not just the new hairstyles (except the old ones),  male or female alike, their face shape is just too "broad" or "square". DE really needs to hone their skills at human face         sculpting just a bit more so tragedies like this won't happen again in the future.