Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept: Servator, The Monarch of Time

(XBOX)AD Symmetry

Its almost Christmas, and I've got 4 concepts planned out and ready for delivery before the Day of Christmas. This, is Servator, the The Monarch of Time. And please, save your "B-But Limbo" until you read the whole concept, because Limbo is the Dimension Walker, and he can stop time in his space, but that's the extent of similarities here. Also, in light of a recent exchange of ideas on a previous concept of mine, i am going to represent all future stats for concepts at base rank, and not maxed rank. Her pocket watch "Influunt" in a similar spot to the mandachord.

Stats at base:
Health 195
Shield 50
Armor 65
Energy 116
Sprint Speed: 1.15

Passive: Influunt: Carries a pocket watch that is used as an instrument of power. Watch will advance in time when abilities are used. Starts at 12:00. Will advance one 1/2 hour for every ability used. For every hour, Charges something called the Chronos Wipe, which is a supplemental effect for the 4th ability. For every quarter of the clock (3:00, 6:00, 9:00), the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd abilities have an added effect. At these quarters of the clock, the Chronos Wipe becomes usable. The Chronos Wipe meter fills with the use of temporal energy.(Using your abilities to affect time) The meter fills every 1300 energy used.

1st: Passage: Pick a group of enemies conically frontal to push forward in time, aging them forward and knocking them down. This will reduce their health bars total by 30%. Enemies aged cannot be aged again. They'll just be knocked back. At a quarter of the clock,  Removes 45% instead and increases range from 90 degrees and 15m to 120 degrees and 32m.

2nd: Stutter: Halts the passage of time for anything hostile that gets too close, projectiles or enemies. Projectiles will stop before they hit you and drop to the floor, disarmed. Enemies will stop for the duration. At a quarter of the clock, Projectiles will rewind and return to senders. Also, press and hold to explode the time barrier, stopping everyone caught, in their tracks.

3rd: Dilate: Subject the warframe to the forces of time. Upon taking damage, send the warframe forward in time, repairing it. This process is slow, approximately 4.5 seconds to replenish 50% hp. Clears all procs in 2 seconds. Press and hold to zoom forward in time, super-speeding to a different spot. Costs 50 energy. At a quarter of the clock, The process is 35% faster and the time dash is free.

4th: Redact: Without a full Ultimate Barrier this ability will be a channeled ability that speeds up the flow of time for enemies, increasing their speed and chipping away at their health; 7%/sec. Secondary Effect: Chronos Wipe: (Indicated by the pocket watch glowing) Rewind all enemies in the vicinity back to a point where they don't exist, effectively deleting them from the battlefield. Range of 80m. The rewind is 3 seconds until enemies die. Requires a full Chronos Wipe meter.

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

I've got 4 concepts planned out and ready for delivery before the Day of Christmas

Welp, I know what i'll be doing then.

Also, you may want to include both the base stats and max rank stats so we can see the progression we get when maxing them.

Review time;

Passive; might be nice to have a UI indicator like a clock that says which ability will be powered up if available.

1st; Is this permanent or duration based? I'm going to guess permanent. So this is pretty much an a weaker AOE viral proc that can stack with viral procs. Honestly, it's not bad and will actually help in higher levels and in lower levels you won't really need it.

2nd; might want to specify the duration that enemies stop for; maybe 3 seconds but affected by duration mods. Is this ability; i.e. the protective barrier, duration based or hp based like iron skin?

3rd; Again, may want the times to reduce with either duration or strength. Also, just making sure but that time dash is a teleport right? if so may want to say how far away you can travel with it.

4th; The only issue i have is the 3s to insta-kill all enemies; even if you have to wait for the Ultimate meter (which can honestly be repaced by saying it only activates at 12:00 and make the clock 24 hours, i.e. 12 -> 0 -> 12) people can just spam the first ability until it's full and then activate it. If anything just making it that at 12 the damage of the original ability is doubled would be sufficient; i.e. 14%/sec.

Overall, a decent concept that fits the theme pretty well just needs a few tweaks and numbers.

14 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

might be nice to have a UI indicator like a clock that says which ability will be powered up if available.

Yeah, this is and was the intention. 

might want to specify the duration that enemies stop for; maybe 3 seconds but affected by duration mods. Is this ability; i.e. the protective barrier, duration based or hp based like iron skin?

The field moves with you, so if you move out of range of the enemy, they are freed. If not, they stay encumbered. The barrier is duration based and health-less because the last time a barrier was made duration based, Gara got hit hard with the "NERF THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR" stick. Knocked the schisse clean out of her.

Again, may want the times to reduce with either duration or strength. Also, just making sure but that time dash is a teleport right? if so may want to say how far away you can travel with it.

Yes, the dash is a blink. I'll add the range of 14m in there.

4th; The only issue i have is the 3s to insta-kill all enemies; even if you have to wait for the Ultimate meter (which can honestly be repaced by saying it only activates at 12:00 and make the clock 24 hours, i.e. 12 -> 0 -> 12) people can just spam the first ability until it's full and then activate it. If anything just making it that at 12 the damage of the original ability is doubled would be sufficient; i.e. 14%/sec.

You misunderstand, The ultimate meter is a thing by itself that charges after every hour passes, requiring 12 hours to have gone by before it can be activated. Spamming 1 is a choice the player has, but it most certainly is not the only way to play. I wanted to make it unusable unless the meter was full, since the kills are guaranteed, but that might drive players to spam territory and while, like i said earlier, that is a choice, i didn't want that to be the meta. Will also add a 3.5 second charge up before the move is released, at which point it takes 4 seconds to kill. This will discourage mindless spamming. Sound good?

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

The ultimate meter is a thing by itself that charges after every hour passes, requiring 12 hours

So you mean 12 real life hours? That's a bit long, even if the ability instantly kills everything. Maybe 6 hours or hell even ONCE a mission (not even dying and reviving will reset it) but you have to hold it to activate it so that players don't feel locked out of that function of the ability, especially if they want to try and test things with the ability, and prevents it from being spammed.

Just now, AndouRaiton said:

So you mean 12 real life hours? That's a bit long, even if the ability instantly kills everything. Maybe 6 hours or hell even ONCE a mission (not even dying and reviving will reset it) but you have to hold it to activate it so that players don't feel locked out of that function of the ability, especially if they want to try and test things with the ability, and prevents it from being spammed.

Real-life 12 hours? No... That's funny when i imagine it though. It would be the ultimate christmas troll. 12 hours on her clock which is about 24 abilities cast

2 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

12 hours on her clock which is about 24 abilities cast

That's the point i was trying to make; sorry if it was confusing. People could just build for efficiency and spam abilities 24 times so they can use the ultimate to kill everything, especially because energy isn't really a problem because zenurik is a thing.

PS; in warframe they count "Transference" (switching to operator mode) an ability and if this warframe was implemented without specifying that it isn't counted towards for their passive during implementation then people would just spam transference instead of other abilities for the free insta-kill.

1 minute ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

24 times? really? People would actually do that?

for a insta-kill regardless of level in an AOE around you; YES. 24 times isn't as many as you think especially when you can just bind the 1st ability button to the scroll wheel.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

How about there be a cooldown of 4 minutes on it?

I find it funny how you gave an insta-kill a 4-min cool-down whilst DE gave heavy weapons (Arch-guns) a 10-min cool don after running out of ammo. Maybe bump it to 5 min.

PS: i really do think they should turn that 10 min cooldown to like 3 mins max but, eh, this isn't the place to complain about it.

1 minute ago, AndouRaiton said:

for a insta-kill regardless of level in an AOE around you; YES. 24 times isn't as many as you think especially when you can just bind the 1st ability button to the scroll wheel.

I find it funny how you gave an insta-kill a 4-min cool-down whilst DE gave heavy weapons (Arch-guns) a 10-min cool don after running out of ammo. Maybe bump it to 5 min.

PS: i really do think they should turn that 10 min cooldown to like 3 mins max but, eh, this isn't the place to complain about it.

5 minutes... okay. I'll ship it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

I took a look at it. Would be really fun to get this warframe. The lore quest looks awesome and the moment i saw the artwork, i knew it was @KronikPlague. Their art style is unmistakable. And really good!

I know right!!! And thank you for complimenting it. Oh by the way hes making some art of it with specters and it will be done by next week.

Hi. Creator of the other time concept on the front page- Reldin.

Love the use of your pocket watch, I can't believe we both came up with the same thing, but used it in different ways.

I really love what you've done with the abilities.

If you ever have a desire to combine concepts, I have a couple ideas on how it could be done.

Love your work, keep it up!

1 hour ago, Zephyer01 said:

Hi. Creator of the other time concept on the front page- Reldin.

Love the use of your pocket watch, I can't believe we both came up with the same thing, but used it in different ways.

I really love what you've done with the abilities.

If you ever have a desire to combine concepts, I have a couple ideas on how it could be done.

Love your work, keep it up!

No Way! I actually saw Reldin. Read the whole thing. Our approach to this concept was so similar it freaked me out a little bit. I'm glad you like it. Speaking of keep it up, i have done other concepts. If you'd like, i could PM you their names. 

I like that you took multiple approaches to the powers a time manipulator would have like rapid ageing, blinking, acceleration, existence deletion etc.

Same criticisms as above, maybe instead of having the number of abilities cast charge up the clock you make it energy spent, so every 30 energy you move forward a half hour and after spending 720 energy you get access to the full ultimate. Powerful but not something easy to spam.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)SirMilkfiend said:

I like that you took multiple approaches to the powers a time manipulator would have like rapid ageing, blinking, acceleration, existence deletion etc.

Same criticisms as above, maybe instead of having the number of abilities cast charge up the clock you make it energy spent, so every 30 energy you move forward a half hour and after spending 720 energy you get access to the full ultimate. Powerful but not something easy to spam.

Thanks! I really try to innovate with these concepts. I think i've written about 10-11 concepts so far. PM me if you want to see them.
Now, energy spent... I like this idea... but this makes the mass one-shot much easier because of The Almighty Energy Pizza. But i'll see how i can work it in. Thanks for the feedback!