Please rework Nova's first ability

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

Even when using a max rank Narrow minded I can't seem to keep her 1 up for long unless there's a nuke frame killing everything as it spawns. The way her 1 works now completely defeats it's purpose which is to protect Nova. At low levels this is inconsequential but in missions like Arbitration defence where she's very valuable it's a death sentence to bring her even if there's a Trinity or Oberon around because she can't take much punishment from enemies around level 40 and up, so it would help a lot if her only defensive ability wouldn't keep going away within seconds of casting.

Please rework it and remove the part where the things seek out nearby enemies because the miniscule amount of damage it does doesn't make up for the loss of damage mitigation it provides

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

she can't take much punishment from enemies around level 40 and up

That's so not true. With the correct build and movement enemies before Lv120 aren't even dangerous.

But yeah...Rework the Augment into the 1 by pressing the Button again wouldn't hurt anyone

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

il y a 44 minutes, (PS4)Equinox21697 a dit :

The way her 1 works now completely defeats it's purpose which is to protect Nova.

The 1 is not here to protect Nova like Nezha 3, Gara 2 or Rhino Iron Skin. It's here to kill the enemies that come in melee range to give you time to go away using the 3 or bullet jump.

You can still tank with the right build of course but don't forget it's a caster with CC and nuke, you don't have to tank standing still.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

5 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

That's so not true. With the correct build and movement enemies before Lv120 aren't even dangerous.

I know she's not paper and I use her in Sorties and such regularly but if you want to build her for her 4 then the majority of your mod slots will be dedicated to duration leaving little room for defence, I use a Vitality as with any other frame and it's sufficient for the most part until a couple heavy gunners or just about any high level corpus unit starts firing at you

5 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

The 1 is not here to protect Nova like Nezha 3, Gara 2 or Rhino Iron Skin

Warding halo and splinter storm also deal damage to enemies within melee range, except their damage is actually noticeable and it doesn't compromise their defences to do so

Il y a 7 heures, (PS4)Equinox21697 a dit :

Warding halo and splinter storm also deal damage to enemies within melee range, except their damage is actually noticeable and it doesn't compromise their defences to do so

And Nova 1 is not supposed to be like those.

Nezha and Gara are here to jump inside enemy groups to fight, Nova is here to control the enemy groups movements from distance with a 1 to open room for you to fly away.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

8 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I know she's not paper and I use her in Sorties and such regularly but if you want to build her for her 4 then the majority of your mod slots will be dedicated to duration leaving little room for defence, I use a Vitality as with any other frame and it's sufficient for the most part until a couple heavy gunners or just about any high level corpus unit starts firing at you

Null Star gives you 5% damage reduction for every orb you have, and the number of orbs scales with duration. A build running Vitality, 145% STR, Adaptation, the Null Star augment, and as much duration as you can stack can get crazy high amounts of damage reduction without sacrificing Molecular Prime at all (although you only have room for either flow or streamline, not both). You can seriously almost get as much EHP as a Gara, only with the added benefit of one of the most powerful CC abilities in the game. 

Edited by Gurpgork

6 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

Null Star gives you 5% damage reduction for every orb you have, and the number of orbs scales with duration. A build running Vitality, 145% STR, Adaptation, the Null Star augment, and as much duration as you can stack can get crazy high amounts of damage reduction without sacrificing Molecular Prime at all (although you only have room for either flow or streamline, not both). You can seriously almost get as much EHP as a Gara, only with the added benefit of one of the most powerful CC abilities in the game. 

Agreed there, she’s not squishy at all. Personally I use quick thinking for defense along with primed flow plus her augment. For the speed build you switch the augment for vitality 

You can absolutely build for her 4th and survivability, you don’t have to sacrifice one for the other 

If there needs to be a change, it’s only for the augment to be innate which I doubt DE will do 

3 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

You can absolutely build for her 4th and survivability, you don’t have to sacrifice one for the othe

I know that, what I'm saying is to remove the part where her orbs seek out nearby enemies because her 1 isn't a flat damage immunity like Rhino or even Mesa so there's no reason she couldn't enjoy its full benefits the whole time. Maybe make it a duration based ability to compensate.