Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with bounties ...

TheXennon

Maybe it's just me not knowing or understanding the game properly, but when looking at bounties offered by the various NPCs, I have no idea how many "stages" there are to the bounty or what game mode each stage is going to be.  The reason this concerns me is that (again, maybe I'm playing the game all wrong), I often feel like i'm not adequately equipped to accomplish each phase and find myself struggling on one or more of those stages.  For example: Sometimes, it may involve 3 stages and at other times it might be 5 ... The goal/objective of each stage can be anything from a capture, exterminate, search for and hack something which then transitions into a defense mode etc etc --- all the while I'm never sure of what to expect for the next stage.  This may not be an issue for a multi-player squad but when you're trying these as a solo player (completely oblivious to what's ahead) you can often find yourself overwhelmed because you're not suitably decked out of that particular mode of game-play. 

Can we please get to see a little more info about a bounty which lists exactly what you're going up against at least in so far as the game modes at each stage AND of course how many stages the bounty involves.  A better option (for me at least) would be to have the option to modify my loadout before each stage of the bounty so we can better prepare for the mission ahead.  The normal starchart missions DO clearly define the TYPE of mission you're going into and the whole mission is THAT type - not so with bounties, hence the constant feeling that you're not suitably equipped at one or more of the multi-stage missions that make bounties what they are.

Furthermore, can we PLEASE have a permanent waypoint marking the home base (both on Venus AND Earth open world zones)!

The Bounties in general are really just bad game design....It's more tedious than it should have to be and far more confusing on way point markers and objectives than normal...even knowing the distinction between having to dive into a cave or run around the surface can be off-putting to veterans let alone someone just stepping into the game...

I really think De needs a solid competitor in the Sci-fi looter shooter market to get them back to their hungry day of asking is this fun on top of the need to monetize with the time sink when letting something like bounties loose into the wilds of the game..The community is pretty forgiving on the latter because we have a established investment in them succeeding so we don't mind purchasing plat...

But...bounties are very lazy on their part when it comes to these open world maps coupled with "Player Retention vs TimeGating" and the "fun" that glues a player base into stepping back to it time after time...FUN...that's always the key to any game...

That fun and their open communications makes us purchase plat to support them..rather than it being forced with soul crushing repetition...Bounties though tend to strain that relationship for many...to the point where they actively seek work arounds or just avoid it altogether and new players need those better modded players out there to handle higher tiered enemy and show them the ropes....but instead they are solo mining gems or fishing...Sadly even De knows bounties are bad due to the placement of Ticker allowing players with excessive credits and materials to bypass them altogether...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

well as far as i know it ranges between 3-5 missions in a bounty and its decided on the difficulty of the bounty you pick. the first 3 easy ones should have 3 ranks. its possible that i mixed it together and the 3rd one has 4. as for the 2 hardest ones they have 5 in each. I do agree that they should tell you about how many missions are in each but they cant tell you about what missiontype its gonna be for each mission since they are randomized. Only the final bounty mission is decided and thats why its listed as "capture the grineer captain" or whatnot. The random mission spawn up to the capture keeps the bounty more fresh for multiple runs and it also makes it harder for people to cheat though the bounty with the perfect frame for the bounties listed. 

i forgot to mention that the bounties try to warn you about the difficulty by telling you the enemy level for the entire bounty. As for the Cetus and Fortuna gate, they arent marked at the end of the bounty since you have the option to stay in both open worlds, PoE got incursions that start while fortuna gives you the option to continue new bounties from different people around the map. Instead the both Endgates try to stand out a bit by either being a large tower in PoE or a building with a smoke pillar in Fortuna. I agree that its not the most visible way to see them but you still get a sense of direction towards them. 

Edited by moonofchaos

I really don't like going into missions(bounties) not knowing what I'm in for - I'm sure a lot of people do.  Whenever I do go into those bounty missions (blind), I feel my stress levels just escalate and I for one don't find that feeling to be FUN!  As a consequence, I cannot help but feel I'm being shoved into doing stuff that (for me) is the opposite of fun which will only serve to deter me from doing them at all.  That's what happened in PoE and it's somehow worse in Fortuna.  So -  it looks like I'll just end up skipping those 2 zones (and probably more in the future).  I can barely handle the tier 1 bounties so locks me out of the higher tiers and higher rewards - particularly the faction standing required to get at the goodies they provide. 

All this wouldn't be so bad if the star chart missions saw some kind of update where we got better rewards or make them an alternate way of acquiring the same rewards offered by these "landscape" zones.  For me, at the moment, the game has thrown up a massive road block I can't see my way through and it makes me feel pretty isolated and really disappointed - but hey, as long as the majority of players find all this to be fun, who cares what I feel.

32 minutes ago, TheXennon said:

I really don't like going into missions(bounties) not knowing what I'm in for - I'm sure a lot of people do.  Whenever I do go into those bounty missions (blind), I feel my stress levels just escalate and I for one don't find that feeling to be FUN!  As a consequence, I cannot help but feel I'm being shoved into doing stuff that (for me) is the opposite of fun which will only serve to deter me from doing them at all.  That's what happened in PoE and it's somehow worse in Fortuna.  So -  it looks like I'll just end up skipping those 2 zones (and probably more in the future).  I can barely handle the tier 1 bounties so locks me out of the higher tiers and higher rewards - particularly the faction standing required to get at the goodies they provide. 

All this wouldn't be so bad if the star chart missions saw some kind of update where we got better rewards or make them an alternate way of acquiring the same rewards offered by these "landscape" zones.  For me, at the moment, the game has thrown up a massive road block I can't see my way through and it makes me feel pretty isolated and really disappointed - but hey, as long as the majority of players find all this to be fun, who cares what I feel.

Well you arent really missing important content. The game is made so that you can do what you enjoy doing without missing out on much of the "important stuff". If you are failing in the first bounties which are pretty low level then maybe you need to be more experienced with the game and get more frames, weapons and mods before you should try going back? Another option is to play on public and get help with a squad of players or ask for help in the recruit chat. What content are you "locked out from" with the higher tiers of PoE and fortuna? You can gain rep with both standings by mining or fishing instead of doing bounties and the only specific things for both places are a few mods and the warframes Gara, Garuda and Revenant. Neither of these warframes is amazing or endgame worthy frames as of now so you dont have to worry about them. 

Why are you being stressed about blind missions? There is only around 8 different missison types in PoE and its similar with Orb vallis. Its capture, assassinate, kill enemies in an area, defend an objective, defend a moving drone, kill enemies in an area for 2min -PoE mission types. capture boxes, kill enemies around a drone, hack into a vault, defend an objective, capture, kill enemies, destroy caches, defend drills- Orb vallis mission types. There isnt anything complicated and each mission type is stated quite clearly at the top left side of your screen. 

15 hours ago, moonofchaos said:

Well you arent really missing important content. The game is made so that you can do what you enjoy doing without missing out on much of the "important stuff". If you are failing in the first bounties which are pretty low level then maybe you need to be more experienced with the game and get more frames, weapons and mods before you should try going back? Another option is to play on public and get help with a squad of players or ask for help in the recruit chat. What content are you "locked out from" with the higher tiers of PoE and fortuna? You can gain rep with both standings by mining or fishing instead of doing bounties and the only specific things for both places are a few mods and the warframes Gara, Garuda and Revenant. Neither of these warframes is amazing or endgame worthy frames as of now so you dont have to worry about them. 

Why are you being stressed about blind missions? There is only around 8 different missison types in PoE and its similar with Orb vallis. Its capture, assassinate, kill enemies in an area, defend an objective, defend a moving drone, kill enemies in an area for 2min -PoE mission types. capture boxes, kill enemies around a drone, hack into a vault, defend an objective, capture, kill enemies, destroy caches, defend drills- Orb vallis mission types. There isnt anything complicated and each mission type is stated quite clearly at the top left side of your screen. 

"What content are you "locked out from" with the higher tiers of PoE and fortuna?"
Well, by locked out - I mean unable to do coz I suck at picking the right combo of frame and weapons that can handle the content (all the 5 modes) for those higher tiers.  I have several frames, not all, but I don't like most of them and certainly have no idea how to build them all to suit their particular skills which most often don't gel with my play style. (yes, i've watched videos, but no amount of tutorials are gunna make me proficient in something I don't like playing)

I understand that the mods and even the frames may not be "necessary", but I'd still like to try them out just like all the others I have even if it turns out they don't match my play style.  The other thing is the access to AW weapons in normal missions!  How do I get past the requirements for that if I can't do bounties and get all that rep necessary to just to qualify at attempting the mission that grants access to that feature?  I'm sure that gaining rep by any other means beside bounties would be a very long and tedious task which may as well be considered a lock-out - at least in my mind.

"Why are you being stressed about blind missions? "
I stress coz I dunno what I'm heading into and that often I'm not properly geared with either the right frame or weapons that are best suited for one or more of the legs of the mission.

13 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

The problem with bounties is their existence .

All they would have to do is make bounties kinda like how sorties are shown - ie 3 or 4 or 5 stage missions with each one a mission on its own and each with its own reward with the requirement of completing ALL of them to get the final reward.  Then, at least, we can opt to use whatever frame/weapon combo we feel appropriate to complete a particular stage of the set PLUS it shows WTF we're heading into.  The use of RNG to slap a collection of missions together in some obscure sequence is just plain lazy imo.  If they want it to be RNG, fine, but RNG the whole collection at once instead of one by one and present the whole set as a bounty which remains locked for a specific period before it re-scrambles another "set".  This would make it SO much better in my opinion.

I'm no expert in this game at all - but it makes sense to me that each frame has its own strengths and weaknesses - isn't that why we have multiple frames in the 1st place?  Forcing players to pick one and only one frame/wep combo to complete multiple different types of missions feels like it goes against the whole idea of having DIFFERENT frames and weapons in the first place otherwise we could all get by with 1 loadout for the whole game and thus condensing the entire game down to 1 play style for the same massive grind it already is. 

Personally, I'd like to see something like they've done in Skyforge - let us switch frames/loadouts on the fly with some kind of limit/timeout attached to it.  I think that would make for a more fun and diverse game.  But that'll never happen coz it'd probably mean a full re-write of the game, but it'd still be fun to think about.

8 hours ago, TheXennon said:

"What content are you "locked out from" with the higher tiers of PoE and fortuna?"
Well, by locked out - I mean unable to do coz I suck at picking the right combo of frame and weapons that can handle the content (all the 5 modes) for those higher tiers.  I have several frames, not all, but I don't like most of them and certainly have no idea how to build them all to suit their particular skills which most often don't gel with my play style. (yes, i've watched videos, but no amount of tutorials are gunna make me proficient in something I don't like playing)

I understand that the mods and even the frames may not be "necessary", but I'd still like to try them out just like all the others I have even if it turns out they don't match my play style.  The other thing is the access to AW weapons in normal missions!  How do I get past the requirements for that if I can't do bounties and get all that rep necessary to just to qualify at attempting the mission that grants access to that feature?  I'm sure that gaining rep by any other means beside bounties would be a very long and tedious task which may as well be considered a lock-out - at least in my mind.

"Why are you being stressed about blind missions? "
I stress coz I dunno what I'm heading into and that often I'm not properly geared with either the right frame or weapons that are best suited for one or more of the legs of the mission.

You havent looked at rep farming then. Hunting animals in orb vallis especially the kubrodon gives as much rep as the final bounty you can do there. and Why dont you play with others or ask for help in recruit chat for the harder content? Warframe can be played alone but its still a multiplayer game and having others there helps you progress. If you dont know how to play most warframes or mod them then maybe you should consider PoE and fortuna as endgame content and come back to it once youve learned those things. Its not complicated to "pick the right combo of frame and wepaons that can handle the content". All you need to do is kill enemies before they kill you or the objective. So take a tanky or dps warframe with a good weapon and start killing enemies. And if you really hate it to no end then farm rep with either fishing, mining or capturing animals. Alternativly you can farm plat in the game and simply buy the warframes you get from these places. Even if they showed you exactly what 5 bountys you are getting, you still wouldnt be able to pick a perfect frame for all 5 bountys. Take one that is good for the bounty type you think is hardest to do and roll with that. 

I have no idea about the archwing guns on ground. It was released a day ago so youre still not missing out. Its a reward from the orb mothers i assume which is endgame content for veterans. If you dont know how to mod warframes then i dont think you want to consider yourself a veteran. 

7 hours ago, TheXennon said:

All they would have to do is make bounties kinda like how sorties are shown - ie 3 or 4 or 5 stage missions with each one a mission on its own and each with its own reward with the requirement of completing ALL of them to get the final reward.  Then, at least, we can opt to use whatever frame/weapon combo we feel appropriate to complete a particular stage of the set PLUS it shows WTF we're heading into.  The use of RNG to slap a collection of missions together in some obscure sequence is just plain lazy imo.  If they want it to be RNG, fine, but RNG the whole collection at once instead of one by one and present the whole set as a bounty which remains locked for a specific period before it re-scrambles another "set".  This would make it SO much better in my opinion.

I'm no expert in this game at all - but it makes sense to me that each frame has its own strengths and weaknesses - isn't that why we have multiple frames in the 1st place?  Forcing players to pick one and only one frame/wep combo to complete multiple different types of missions feels like it goes against the whole idea of having DIFFERENT frames and weapons in the first place otherwise we could all get by with 1 loadout for the whole game and thus condensing the entire game down to 1 play style for the same massive grind it already is. 

Personally, I'd like to see something like they've done in Skyforge - let us switch frames/loadouts on the fly with some kind of limit/timeout attached to it.  I think that would make for a more fun and diverse game.  But that'll never happen coz it'd probably mean a full re-write of the game, but it'd still be fun to think about.

The point is that it is a challenge to only roll with one warframe and weapon for the whole bounty. Do you really need for the game to hold your hand so that you can minmax for every single stage in the bounty? If the game paused up so that all squad members could switch out then one person in the squad could easely slow down the whole thing by taking a long time to pick out warframe and weapons. It doesnt make sense storywise either since you dont have access to your arsenal on the plains. 

I still cant figure out whats so hard about the bountys. Ive run them countless times, both alone and with friends or randoms and ive never had any issue. The only one that might be "hard" is the one where you need to kill enemies for 2 min since there is less of an enemy spawn when youre alone. It would actually be easier if there was more enemies around in that one. 

Bounties aren't hard on PC to be sure.

On twitch they're buggy as hell. You can easily run out an exterminate timer waiting for enemies to spawn. Especially solo. Or fail to control an area because one grineer is Frozen in place underneath terrain. 

Causing you to fail for these reasons and not reach last prize can be a bit frustrating.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)SerRaven said:

Bounties aren't hard on PC to be sure.

On twitch they're buggy as hell. You can easily run out an exterminate timer waiting for enemies to spawn. Especially solo. Or fail to control an area because one grineer is Frozen in place underneath terrain. 

Causing you to fail for these reasons and not reach last prize can be a bit frustrating.

I completely agree with you on that. Its the worst when the game itself wont let you complete the bounties or when enemies get stuck