Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the grind for standing

imtooniceforthis

I'm here to say I'm tired. I know that Warframe is like 90% grinding. I've accepted it when I started playing and I've been okay with it. I've done my fair share and then some. I'm not afraid of grinding but I am getting very tired.

My issue currently is the standing for Solaris United and Vox Solaris. I've done nothing in this game, for what feels like months now (even thought it's probably not), but grind for standing. I started with bounties and was fine with those, but I got sick of them since the higher tier bounties require a team to make it easier and there's usually the one that AFK's the entire thing or does less than the bare minimum. I've played almost everything solo in this game and I'd do this with the bounties too but the higher tier missions are easier to do in a group, especially the #*!%ing excavation missions. I strongly dislike those.

For the past two ranks of Solaris United, I've mostly mined. I am getting so tired. First the limits were the standing caps, now it's just my lack of wanting to open the game just to grind and grind and grind. Eudico and Little Duck are asking for quite a lot these days.

Recently DE dropped a huge update with a new frame, a lot of guns and other content. And Mesa Prime looks drop-dead gorgeous! I'm very happy that they do so much for us and work so hard! Kudos for that! But when I started to read about the new frame, Baruuk, I swear my soul left my body for a solid minute there. I read the word standing and my life flashed before my very eyes. Three more ranks to climb with Vox Solaris to get the new parts of the frame and unless they are build for me in advance, god knows what the requirements are (probably more standing, amirite????).

I don't have extra hours to waste away fishing, mining, doing bounties, etc. And even if I wanted to do nothing but grind standing, I really just don't have the time. Plus I have other games I wanna play and other stuff to do and work to get through. The hours of the day (and night) are not enough.

I can't remember things being this bad for me when Plains of Eidolon came. You had to grind things for Cetus/Quills as well. I just didn't feel like I was left behind on content by not wanting to mine or do bounties. Now I feel like I've fallen behind by getting Garuda so damn late (and yes I bought the last Star Amarasts. It was my xmas present or whatever, don't judge me.)

I am not afraid of the grind, but this is beginning to be just tiring. Please, tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way. I've played this game for years and I love it to death and I won't stop playing no matter how much I complain, but I am just so damn tired.

Have mercy on me, please.

Sincery,
very tired human being

EDIT: Since writing this, I've been mining, a lot. I've also been begging Ticker to sell useful stuff, a lot. I reached Old Mate, finally. Took me long enough. Now I'm dying at the hands of Vox Solaris, the insane need for toroids, etc. I've done some bounties for Solaris United regarding the Orbs. The drops you get are.... disappointing and less than minimal, I'd say. You get one drop and that's it. It hurts, it really does. But I'm still alive, taking it one day at a time. I know the game is grindy, I am not looking for instant awards for my hard work, but I'm looking for something, anything. Make it a tiny bit easier at least. This is just overwhelming at most part. If you want Baruuk, for that DE is saying, either buy him or die trying. Fun times.

Anyway, on I march on this annoying path.

EDIT EDIT: I've now reached Hand with Vox Solaris. I'm few resources away from getting Baruuk. This was a very exhausting patth. I hated half of it. It wasn't fun or enjoyable - it was a chore. I did all of this pretty much solo. It took me a long time. But it's over soon enough and I'm so grateful.

Good luck to anyone walking down this exhausting road. I wish you all the best!
Edited by imtooniceforthis

Just now, KIREEK said:

Think on the long term, not only could you farmed toroids in advance, you can always farm on the long term, like 2 to 3 months, warframe won't disappear anytime soon, so if you scater the grind you shoudl get what you want.

I know I could do that and I know the game isn't going anywhere, but think what more could drop in the up-coming months? More frame, guns, stuff. I'd miss out on those too since I'd just still be grinding for standing. I know I can do things simultaneously, but I prioritize frames over everything except maybe quests. But I do get what you mean.

I've been feeling the grind when i started going for toroids. Doing that solo is frustrating, more so when you see what a group gets in comparison.

Will be switching to farming relics for the Mesa Prime stuff for a while, try to solo a eidolon, and let DE balance/re-balance the latest Fortuna release. Warframe has plenty of other stuff to do for me. 

3 minutes ago, Vermashank said:

I've been feeling the grind when i started going for toroids. Doing that solo is frustrating, more so when you see what a group gets in comparison.

Will be switching to farming relics for the Mesa Prime stuff for a while, try to solo a eidolon, and let DE balance/re-balance the latest Fortuna release. Warframe has plenty of other stuff to do for me. 

I hear you, mate. I hear you loud and clear for that. I farmed them solo as well and I was either getting rekt or then no enemies spawned. Doing it as a group, well, there's always the ones that wanna leave or stay too long. No one is ever happy. 

Have fun farming the relics (I still have Chroma Prime to farm since I never got to do that either since Fortuna dropped) and good luck with all that! :)

The whole syndicate standing is really detrimental for the game as a whole.

You no longer feel like you are playing, but like you are filling in some quotas in your real job. It's not fun.

This could have worked if we only had 1 standing to farm in general, but if each zone/OW has their own syndicate we have to work for, then well, I hope DE will at least pay us real cash for literally working, rather than playing

I'm starting to believe that whoever in DE is responsible for creating content (and content gates) is not as smart, as he think he is.

Edited by deothor

I gave up on this game it has no incentive of getting better and even the dev streams is a big turn off after you hear, and think fully on what direction they are going. Fortuna and how everything is going  has made me re-installed Skyrim and having a blast with each character diversity and progression. warframe is just full of mind numbing nonsense and ultimately just plain boring<> damn I had such high hopes for this game now it's more of a complainers domain.

Just now, deothor said:

The whole syndicate standing is really detrimental for the game as a whole.

You no longer feel like you are playing, but like you are filling in some quotas in your real job. It's not fun.

I'm starting to believe that whoever in DE is responsible for creating content (and content gates) is not as smart, as he think he is.

Yes, you are right, it feels like a job! It really sucks the joy out of it super fast!

The content creators should really think twice before doing, you are right on that.

Just now, ranks21 said:

I gave up on this game it has no incentive of getting better and even the dev streams is a big turn off after you hear, and think fully on what direction they are going. Fortuna and how everything is going  has made me re-installed Skyrim and having a blast with each character diversity and progression. warframe is just full of mind numbing nonsense and ultimately just plain boring<> damn I had such high hopes for this game now it's more of a complainers domain.

I love Warframe and it's like home to me, even thought, currently the home is more like nightmare, haha. I still have faith and hope for this game. Maybe one day you return to this as well and find something you like :)

I've done at least half of the Solaris standing buying bonds from ticker with resources I already had lying around. I strongly recommend it, this way you can spread the grind among many mission types and activities since the resources needed are varied. 

10 minutes ago, Amhiel said:

I've done at least half of the Solaris standing buying bonds from ticker with resources I already had lying around. I strongly recommend it, this way you can spread the grind among many mission types and activities since the resources needed are varied. 

I've also done that but it takes resources and money. Not all of the bonds, but some of them. I'm currently grinding for money too :D But it is a good way to gain some standing at least.

vor einer Stunde schrieb imtooniceforthis:

Yes, you are right, it feels like a job! It really sucks the joy out of it super fast!

The content creators should really think twice before doing, you are right on that.

At least now, you no longer have to farm these miserable drops for standing but for rank-up only.

I read on Wikia that the Crisma Toroids (worth 6,000 standing) from the Profit-Taker Orb can be doubled with a resource booster - doesn't sound too bad considering some players claim run times of 4 minutes already. Only problem: you need max rank with Solaris United.

My tip: switch to fishing, get a resource booster for a week or even a month and that advanced fishing spear (Stunna Fishing Spear from The Business, requires Rank 3 with Solaris United - it paralyzes surrounding fish when catching one, having higher quality catches in the average too). There's a great spot at the Coolant Reservoir near Fortuna that spawns Synathid (worth 600-1000 standing) rather regularly (even without bait), but even the small fish there like Tinks and Brickies quickly stack up (and are hard to miss when they're shocked).

It's boring but not as straining as constantly looking for mine spots or doing the Bounties. You don't need much concentration and can listen to a podcast or, depending on your gear, watch youtube while doing so.

25 minutes ago, Toran said:

At least now, you no longer have to farm these miserable drops for standing but for rank-up only.

I read on Wikia that the Crisma Toroids (worth 6,000 standing) from the Profit-Taker Orb can be doubled with a resource booster - doesn't sound too bad considering some players claim run times of 4 minutes already. Only problem: you need max rank with Solaris United.

My tip: switch to fishing, get a resource booster for a week or even a month and that advanced fishing spear (Stunna Fishing Spear from The Business, requires Rank 3 with Solaris United - it paralyzes surrounding fish when catching one, having higher quality catches in the average too). There's a great spot at the Coolant Reservoir near Fortuna that spawns Synathid (worth 600-1000 standing) rather regularly (even without bait), but even the small fish there like Tinks and Brickies quickly stack up (and are hard to miss when they're shocked).

It's boring but not as straining as constantly looking for mine spots or doing the Bounties. You don't need much concentration and can listen to a podcast or, depending on your gear, watch youtube while doing so.

Yeah with the Toroids it's the rank with Solaris United. I don't even have that yet. 2 ranks away from Old Mate. 132,000 standing for Old Mate consider it's absolutely mandatory to get it if you wanna do the Profit-Taker Orb battles, seems a bit much for me at least.

I've tried fishing a few times now and it's the same as before with slight tweaks. I prefer mining but on the other hand, you don't have to move as much with fishing. The only problem that it's hard to see the fish, haha. I have that thingy that makes them visible (sorry I forgot the name, haha). Without it, I'd be fishing blind. 

And yes, it is boring. I'll turn on music and waste away as much time as I can do doing these things. Thanks for the tip, mate. I appreciate it!

As a 4 year wf player.

I don't even max my syndicate. Let alone my operator schools focus.

Yeah it's annoying that you need to grind your operator to be OP.

I just build my first kit gun a week ago. And i don't even have enough resources to build a moa.

I just gave up on max thing out and just do what i like in the game. It's a bit better that way. At least for me

19 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

As a 4 year wf player.

I don't even max my syndicate. Let alone my operator schools focus.

Yeah it's annoying that you need to grind your operator to be OP.

I just build my first kit gun a week ago. And i don't even have enough resources to build a moa.

I just gave up on max thing out and just do what i like in the game. It's a bit better that way. At least for me

Focus schools and such are not that important to me as Vox Solaris and Solaris United since if I don't cap out the latter, I can't get my hands on the new frame. I haven't even thought about MOAs or kitguns. I don't even dare to dream. I dabbled on the K-Drive thing but it needs standing so I left it as secondary, when-I-have-time- kind of a deal.

I hope you keep on enjoying the game :)

4 minutes ago, imtooniceforthis said:

Focus schools and such are not that important to me as Vox Solaris and Solaris United since if I don't cap out the latter, I can't get my hands on the new frame. I haven't even thought about MOAs or kitguns. I don't even dare to dream. I dabbled on the K-Drive thing but it needs standing so I left it as secondary, when-I-have-time- kind of a deal.

I hope you keep on enjoying the game 🙂

I know this game is heavy on grind. And i my self can't keep up with it. I play roughly 1 or 2 hours a day probably more on free time. Set a goal and aim for it. If i get burned i stop and play other game or take a rest. I pretty much know how you feel bro. But yeah my suggestion is if you burned. It's best to rest.  Get back when you feel like it. 

The whole tiered list based off of max rep + items is what makes grinding worse than it really is, players basically lose a boatload of points that they can spend instead.

There should be another bar based off of how many points a player has gotten overall, regardless of what has been spent, and once it reaches a specific tier a new story mission or set of objectives similar to Junctions (kill 500 vallis enemies, do 5 bounties) is open to level up to the new tier. It's understandable that they want players to spend more time on these things but instead of punishing them with more grind, players should be rewarded for grinding instead by adding more meaningful loot.

Whenever grind complaint threads crop up all I can think of is "Why do you people play the game?".

It's usually pretty clear; people are playing just to get rewards and not to "play" the game. If you can't enjoy just slapping a loadout together and going to town on enemies just because you want to then I don't see how they'd ever be satisfied with the game.

Even if the argument is that this one frame or these weapons you "need" to grind for are what you want to play the game with; get over it. There is more to this game than one frame and a handful of weapons and if you can't enjoy the gameplay without the latest shiny additions then again you'll never be satisfied as your cycle will simply continue as you move on towards the next reward.

Rewards are finite and they always will be. There is nothing that can be added that you could gather infinitely that doesn't just become gathering for the sake of watching a number increase. People who play for just the rewards will constantly hit a wall of grind or a content drought because DE will never be able to keep up with new content as fast as players can consume it.

This is also all why the game has had so much "more grind". People either stop playing or start complaining once they have everything and since DE can never keep up what other option do they have other than make getting rewards take longer?

Edited by trst

I acttualy like grind. I dont like time gated grind, althouhgt it can depend. Iv been palying a lot of Desinty 2 or Monsterhunter worlds as of late over warframe. diffrent kind of grinds i think.

Im at doer for solaris, and that is partly becasue I thouhgt I could grind out the rest later when more content came out. We did get new stuff but now its locked behind a few days if not a week or two of grind for me and im in no rush to do it now. I also dont think its wrong to have something to do once you level up the area... I just wish I could do it faster without daily exp caps.

2 hours ago, Dreadwire said:

I know this game is heavy on grind. And i my self can't keep up with it. I play roughly 1 or 2 hours a day probably more on free time. Set a goal and aim for it. If i get burned i stop and play other game or take a rest. I pretty much know how you feel bro. But yeah my suggestion is if you burned. It's best to rest.  Get back when you feel like it. 

Yeah I know the grind, I've played for years now. It's exhausting but gotta keep on grinding I guess. Ugh.