New player trying to get a grip on mods....

(NSW)krakyn

Question

Hey guys, I fairly new been playing since the beginning of the month and loving it. Im trying to find some help as to where i can farm mods. I still need Flow and Continuity and having had any luck getting the. Can someone point me in the right direction. Also i keep reading about the "drop table", how does that work as well as Tiers?  Any other words of wisdom would be great. I just made it to Saturn. 

13 answers to this question

Tiers are kinda difficulty and relate (kinda) to the enemy level (tier 1 = enemy level 1 to 15/20 ish, tier 2 = enemy level 15ish to 30ish, tier 3 = enemy level 25ish to infinity and beyond).

The drop table is a list of rewards which you will be granted one of on completion of a mission or stage of a mission, where each reward has a percentage chance of being awarded (dropped).

Drop tables are shared with tiers. So, for example, all tier 1 defence missions will offer rewards from the tier 1 defence drop table.

And regarding endless missions, there is also rotation to take into account. There are 3 rotations (A, B and C) and each rotation has it's own drop table. Rotations typically go AABC. So, for defence mission, finishing wave 5 gets a reward from rotation A drop table. Finishing another 5 waves (10 waves) will get another reward from rotation A drop table. Finishing another 5 waves (15 waves) will get a reward from rotation B drop table. Finishing another 5 waves (20 waves) will get a reward from the rotation C drop table. Then it's back to A again (25 waves = rotation A drop table, 30 waves = rotation A drop table, 35 waves = rotation B drop table, 40 waves = rotation C drop table and so on).

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

Just now, (NSW)krakyn said:

Hey guys, I fairly new been playing since the beginning of the month and loving it. Im trying to find some help as to where i can farm mods. I still need Flow and Continuity and having had any luck getting the. Can someone point me in the right direction. Also i keep reading about the "drop table", how does that work as well as Tiers?  Any other words of wisdom would be great. I just made it to Saturn. 

Get a Hek. Get those mods

1. Ravage, Hell's Chamber, Vicious Spread, Point Blank, Blaze and then go to a mission

2. ????

3. Boi

17 minutes ago, (PS4)ZERO_ghost90 said:

I suggest to join a clan if you havent already, the farm of this mods in particular is a bit tedious and you learn nothing from it, so asking to someone with duplicates is a better idea.

Wbat do you mean by tiers?

I read that there are 3 tiers (T1, T2, T3) and the higher the tier the better the drops? did i understand that wrong?

hace 2 minutos, (NSW)krakyn dijo:

I read that there are 3 tiers (T1, T2, T3) and the higher the tier the better the drops? did i understand that wrong?

Those tiers are refering to the old prime parts farming system, now that is replaced by the relic and void traces system

Edited by (PS4)ZERO_ghost90

18 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Tiers are kinda difficulty and relate (kinda) to the enemy level (tier 1 = enemy level 1 to 15/20 ish, tier 2 = enemy level 15ish to 30ish, tier 3 = enemy level 25ish to infinity and beyond).

The drop table is a list of rewards which you will be granted one of on completion of a mission or stage of a mission, where each reward has a percentage chance of being awarded (dropped).

Drop tables are shared with tiers. So, for example, all tier 1 defence missions will offer rewards from the tier 1 defence drop table.

And regarding endless missions, there is also rotation to take into account. There are 3 rotations (A, B and C) and each rotation has it's own drop table. Rotations typically go AABC. So, for defence mission, finishing wave 5 gets a reward from rotation A drop table. Finishing another 5 waves (10 waves) will get another reward from rotation A drop table. Finishing another 5 waves (15 waves) will get a reward from rotation B drop table. Finishing another 5 waves (20 waves) will get a reward from the rotation C drop table. Then it's back to A again (25 waves = rotation A drop table, 30 waves = rotation A drop table, 35 waves = rotation B drop table, 40 waves = rotation C drop table and so on).

This Helps a lot!! Thanks!

hace 2 minutos, Swamarian dijo:

Also, you'll see missions with a reward including a (usually really nice) mod. Almost without exception, those will be nightmare mode, with no shields. Plan accordingly. (I usually take Rhino for them.)

Totally forgot about nightmare missions, they drop decent mods and some of them can be sold for 10 to 20 platinum

8 hours ago, (NSW)krakyn said:

The drops being "better" is not how I would describe it.  The drops are simply different and you play where you can get the thing you need at the best drop rate.  Relics are a good example of this where low level missions reward lith on A and meso on B/C where as a medium level mission rewards meso on A and neo on B/C.  Is a neo relic "better" than a lith relic?  It sure isn't if you want a part that is on a lith relic.

The official drop rate link that was in one of the early posts is your absolute best resource.  Just remember that it comes from the PC version of the game which is always going to be some number of updates newer than what is on console.  Occasionally when drop rates change this is important but they don't change all that often.