Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Idea: Chrono

RadioactiveCammel

following up on the comments i received on my other warframe idea : Reaper i ripped out the pages and started a new one! CHRONO master manipulator of time and the space around him instead of giving a huge introduction like last time, i'm just going to jump straight in

stats should be pretty decent with a high amount of power to start with as it is power-dependent (150 - 200 power)

Skill tree

Skill #1 - Time Warp - Warps the target's flow of time causing X amount of damage to them

Skill #2 - Space Jump - Bend the space around you to jump anywhere within a 50 foot radius

Skill #3 - Stasis - Stop the target's flow of time, temporarily freezing and preventing him from moving or attacking until he takes damage 

Skill #4 - Ultimatum - Bend both space and time to your will, accelerating time to wither them, and obliterate them with the forces of space

and yes if you are wondering i got the name from the Greek god Chronos 

Edited by RadioactiveCammel

Skill 4 is interesting but it sounds similar to something suggested on a gravity based frame, I would suggest having your 4 be more time based for example have him rapidly increase time with affected enemies reducing them to dust and skeletons with some rusted armour where applicable, not sure what to call it maybe something like chrono shift, wither, or accelerated fate.  The animation for something like that would look awesome with enemies falling apart, those who weren't killed outright could have a withered appearance and suffer a move speed penalty.

Edited by RYN0C

Skill 4 is interesting but it sounds similar to something suggested on a gravity based frame, I would suggest having your 4 be more time based for example have him rapidly increase time with affected enemies reducing them to dust and skeletons with some rusted armour where applicable, not sure what to call it maybe something like chrono shift, wither, or accelerated fate.  The animation for something like that would look awesome with enemies falling apart, those who weren't killed outright could have a withered appearance and suffer a move speed penalty.

changed it now but im still keeping the name as ultumaum

Skill 1: Freeze with no stopping
Skill 2: Worm Hole
Skill 3: Freeze
Skill 4: World on Fire that doesn't move.

Sorry, but I personally don't think there is a lot of thought put into the abilities. I have seen some awesome concepts of frames, but without details and originality, they just wouldn't be worth it.

Skill 1: Freeze with no stopping

Skill 2: Worm Hole

Skill 3: Freeze

Skill 4: World on Fire that doesn't move.

Sorry, but I personally don't think there is a lot of thought put into the abilities. I have seen some awesome concepts of frames, but without details and originality, they just wouldn't be worth it.

and personally i couldnt give 2 flying ones so do us all a favor and **** off

and personally i couldnt give 2 flying ones so do us all a favor and **** off

i put too much time and effort into this S#&$ to get cticised by some fuckin wanker who thinks that just cos hes a "master" he can go around tellin people what he thinks of them im sorry but F*** off man u need to get out more and make freinds

is there anywhere i can post the designs on here? because ive got about 7 different ones

Here's the proper section for it (and this thread too, incidentally):

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/89-fan-concepts/

"this here subforum is the sandbox where you can put new ideas, concepts and suggestions for 'frames, weapons, sentinels, bosses, mods and everything else that is currently not a part of the game but something you can conjure up. This forum was made to relieve the feedback forums of the influx of fan concepts and not clutter Fan Zone with them. here, your concepts get their personally dedicated space."

Edited by Tulzscha

i put too much time and effort into this S#&$ to get cticised by some fuckin wanker who thinks that just cos hes a "master" he can go around tellin people what he thinks of them im sorry but F*** off man u need to get out more and make freinds

And so you think just cause I have the master founder pack that I'm a 'wanker', well sorry mate, but I never insulted you, called you a wanker or was hostile to you in any way, so if you think i'm the one who has to go and get friends, think again.

If you don't want to hear critisism, DON'T POST ONLINE. Its as simple as that.

Ontop of that, if you don't care what people think about your ideas, then again, don't post online.

Just from that reaction, I can see you as being an immature child who, as soon as he sees someone who has something that is either different, something you don't have, or any sort of higher (i dare not say power because it isn't)... status perhaps? You immediatly become hostile to them, so no, do US all a favour and **** off.

That's some bullsh*t right there, that guy was just giving u a little critisism and u start pouting. Dumb*ss

excuse me mr. but master or not, everyone can tell you what he thinks about stuff you make puplic. Too much time and effort? srly? no offense but you barely gave any infos about stats, appearance, or basic damage. Nor did you create anything behind him to make the frame interesting in any aspect. And please, stop insulting others because they dont like your work. Something like that makes you look less intelligent. Thanks...

what im trying to say is id like just a BIT of credit for the work i did for this i don't give a S#&$ what i get for it, i just want to share my ideas with the community and if u don't like it fine but at least try to make that fact subtle in the way u write stuff

We aren't mad at u becasue of ur idea's dude. We are mad cause what u said. :P

what im trying to say is id like just a BIT of credit for the work i did for this i don't give a S#&$ what i get for it, i just want to share my ideas with the community and if u don't like it fine but at least try to make that fact subtle in the way u write stuff

I wasn't not giving you credit for working on the idea, I was just saying its very underdetailed. For all we know you could come up with the best idea for warframe yet, but without details we can't be sure of that. If that makes sense.

Sorry, but if you want subtle... dislikes, I urge you not to look online for it, as many MANY people can be a lot harsher than myself. I've seen way to many people on these forums being absolute $&*^s to people for having an idea, not matter how detailed/undetailed it may be.

I would personally love to see a Time Frame, but I don't think it can be implimented properly in Warframe. It would mostly act like Volts Speed if nothing else.

I like the idea of turning enemies into dust with time, or reducing armour perhaps, but other than that, there isn't much else the game would be able to handle I think :/

I wasn't not giving you credit for working on the idea, I was just saying its very underdetailed. For all we know you could come up with the best idea for warframe yet, but without details we can't be sure of that. If that makes sense.

Sorry, but if you want subtle... dislikes, I urge you not to look online for it, as many MANY people can be a lot harsher than myself. I've seen way to many people on these forums being absolute $&*^s to people for having an idea, not matter how detailed/undetailed it may be.

I would personally love to see a Time Frame, but I don't think it can be implimented properly in Warframe. It would mostly act like Volts Speed if nothing else.

I like the idea of turning enemies into dust with time, or reducing armour perhaps, but other than that, there isn't much else the game would be able to handle I think :/

sorry man didnt mean to offend u but i have finnaly come up with the designs mostly just a layout of the frame working on the concept art now

sorry man didnt mean to offend u but i have finnaly come up with the designs mostly just a layout of the frame working on the concept art now

I'm sure you have spent hours designing the frame and it might look fantastic, but I have to agree with previous comments the powers are a tad unoriginal and people want something different from new frames/powers. DE comes under the same criticisms for their ideas.

I do like the idea of a time warframe and ideas are hard to come up with that would actually work in the game, I'm not saying my ideas are any better than yours but here's my attempt at some time-based powers.

Rewind (ultimate idea)

Chrono turns time back on itself for the enemy. Enemies move backwards, rewinding their previous actions for X duration. Damage done to the team is rewinded and "powers" used are reversed (disruptors/shield ospreys), effectively healing the team whilst being great CC on the enemies and making them easy, slow targets and looking fricking awesome.

Bullet storm

Chrono increases the projectile speed of all team-mates weapons. This increases damage done by projectile weapons by X% whilst increasing the projectile speed of non-hitscan weapons (supra/lanka) making it extremely useful.

Time Bomb

Chrono places a Time Bomb at target location. Time bomb slows all enemies that enter its reach for a duration. At the end of the duration Time bomb explodes for good damage and sending enemies flying.

Temporal Duplication

Chrono replicates himself, bringing forth a moving and fighting duplicate. It is implied that Chrono moves either forth or back in time and drags a version of himself into his current timeline to fight for him for a duration. Ideally you would be able to use this a limited number of times to bring forth multiple duplicates. Could be cool but would be annoying to program a fighting decoy.