Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the corpus getting a visual,material and architecture redesign?

greenknight40

Is this just me or am I the only person who felt odd that the corpus are suddenly getting a overall visual and architecture redesign?

I mean I am (mostly) fine with the new corpus redesign and I feel that the majority of people would really like the new updated corpus redesign than the old ones,but I felt that there was a some sort of magic of the old corpus designs and would prefer seeing new old corpus stuff,tilesets (they only have 5 tilesets (yes I am counting the infested ships too)).

I not saying I that the new corpus redesign is awful.ln fact, I like some of new corpus stuff more than the old corpus ones, like the new corpus vechies and especially the new ships redesign, but I would also like it if they also kept and maybe use the old corpus props and architecture and not just replace them.

(R.I.P old corpus control panels,barrels, lockers and other old corpus stuff that are most likely gonna be mostly replace by new corpus materials and most probably never be seen again in the future)

It’s not sudden, Corpus have been neglected for a long time now, with Grineer getting the brunt of new units and tilesets. Most of the Corpus assets and tilesets are relatively outdated visually, so it looks like DE is taking this opportunity to revamp them in a manner that will be more cohesive with the Corpus design aesthetic. 

We can probably expect other older tilesets to be reworked as Earth and the Jupiter tilesets are.

2 minutes ago, OmegaZero633 said:

It’s not sudden, Corpus have been neglected for a long time now, with Grineer getting the brunt of new units and tilesets. Most of the Corpus assets and tilesets are relatively outdated visually, so it looks like DE is taking this opportunity to revamp them in a manner that will be more cohesive with the Corpus design aesthetic. 

We can probably expect other older tilesets to be reworked as Earth and the Jupiter tilesets are.

I agree with this. Most of the design additions, overall, have been given to Grineer, so I don't mind corpus getting a little facelift.

8 hours ago, OmegaZero633 said:

I see.

So that's why the corpus is getting a revamp in their overall design.

In that case, it now sense why they are doing this.

Thank you OmegaZero633 and also   Snydrex for sharing your personal reasons of the matter.

Currently I now look forward to the new udated corpus design additions, as well as the corpus ship and jupiter rework. (They look amazing!)

still through, I feel odd that they are also replacing the old corpus control panels and lockers with news ones in old tilesets, but they are most probably preparing for the new corpus ship and jupiter rework

You know, as cool as the new aesthetic is, I've got to wonder. Why did they design the Galvacord the way they did? Whips were already a pretty brutal weapon as is, with the "Flying Blender" aka the Atterax, the "Tazer String" aka the Lecta, and the "Only Humane Whip" aka the Scoliac. Now we have a whip that is basically a weighted flail with electrified blades as spikes.