Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opperator hood changes

PollexMessier

Was really exited to get my hands on the Vent Pobber hood until this morning when I went to see how it looked on my operator again only to find that an ugly skin tight hood was now covering my operator's hair and earrings. Both of the new hoods looked way better before they were "fixed". I thought the look of tubes and wires coming directly out my tenno's head was a really unique and interesting look and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now, not so much. I can only imagine how upset about it people who actually spent platinum on these before the change thinking that's how they were suppose to look are.

I had a similar moment when the umbra hood was released only for it to hide earrings even when open which hampered my tenno's whole look. I, and I think many others, would prefer if hoods weren't set to hide certain aspects of our appearance just because of potential clipping issues.

The point is people would like these things a lot more if they didn't restrict their options, and by extension more people would get them. It would really be beneficial to everyone if this hiding function was just removed entirely. I can see how this would be problematic for some hoods, the zauba and smelter hoods specifically, but not nearly as many hoods as actually hide these things. I'd also be tempted to get the ceno and vahd hoods if I could wear them with hair. If there are players that prefer the look of these things with hair and/or earrings hidden they can simply remove their hair and earrings, that is already an option in the game available to us. but currently forcibly hiding parts of our appearance with certain items severely limits our options for customization in ways that it shouldn't.

I don't have a lot of faith in people but even I think most people would self-moderate clipping well enough if left to their own devices, for it not to be an issue worth limiting the entire player base to avoid. Those who wouldn't are likely only going to be people who intentionally make things look terrible to annoy other people. You don't see them very often and they'll find ways to accomplish that regardless of restrictions placed on them so there's really no point. Please just let us have our hair and earrings on these things

Edited by PollexMessier
General grammar fixes

Yeah the whole operator cosmetics thing is a mess right now. From redesigns that ruin the look of many of the older items, bugs that just have been left AWOL for months with no updates, menus that can't decide if they want to zoom in on your operator or not, and good lord the clipping. I thought this rewamp would lessen the amount of clipping? 

Sorry if I sound whiny about this, its just that I feel its one of the few things about Warframe that DE is not showing much care about right now.

Spoiler

If there has been any clear answers from DE about any of the operator cosmetics issues anywhere: Im sorry, I've missed it 

You don't sound whiny at all, it's infuriating. This is stuff people spent money on, real money, and it's been changed apparently irrevocably. Some of the new stuff doesn't even render correctly with misaligned UV maps and other problems. It's a mess.