Baruuk Overly nitched

crazycmc

So i have been playing around with baruuk for about 12 hours give or take now. over all he seems fun. how ever i notice he is basically a corpus solo mission only frame. Let me walk you though why i think this is.

Infested

Baruuks 1. Infested do not fire bullets. they will do grapples, though those aren't the major damage. SO it is rendered almost completely useless. Sense your 1 is the major ticket to helping your 4 have any sustain or use it in turn is rendered useless. I am going to skip Baruuks 2 temporarily for his 3. Baruuks 3 against the infested again really doesn't do much. The claim to fame is it disarms enemies to only being able to melee. How ever the majority of infested are only melee. I will give that the daggers will hit infested, how ever if the claim to fame is gone. What is the point. On to Baruuks 2 the sleep. This wouldn't be bad except for the fact it takes 3+s to sleep a group of enemies. I am not sure if this was an accident having to do with increased duration effecting the time to sleep an enemy or not. How ever with a team situation I can cast Baruuks 2 walk around and before  they are fully asleep my team will have killed then enemy before they even fully fell asleep. Not sure if the passive even catches if i got them in the ability or not anyway. So finally Baruuks 4, Great ability other than against the infested being able to cast/use it consistently is very low. So unless his 1 is reassessed i am not seeing Baruuk be viable against infested whats so ever. This is going to be a continual post. I simply wanted to put down what i saw so far with infested playing in rounds. I am going to play against grineer next and see what I think there. 

Try it. Have them be within the angle when the ability active and it'll phase through. Make sure you have high power range so you have a larger angle. I tried it with butcher's and disarmed heavy gunners to make sure and it works as long as they are within the angle. If the infested somehow still manage to get through then it's a bug. The text is misleading since it says projectiles.

Edited by R34LM

alright i will give you that. after testing again i do in fact phase through their attacks. Still not very effective though. to me it almost seems as if melee hits that are dodged should be worth more than a gun. especially given that the 3 causes more people to do it. would give more synergy. 

I can already see some of the different augments though. 

Augment for 1] taunts all enemies to attack you when activated
Augment for 3] Knives are reduced in half but are now time based shooting back and forth destroying enemies weapons before returning to Baruuk. 

Augment for 4] Hits reduce armor 5% per hit.