[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: The Profit Taker FGF. Frequently Given Feedback!

Hi all!

This is a quick post to outline some changes we've made and some changes that are coming to yesterday's Update on PC!

Already Live:
Heist Bounty drop tables adjusted! Repeller Systems in particular went from 1.01 to 7% chance. Source: https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

Coming as soon as we can:

a) Heavy Weapon Cooldown

Once the Atmosphere Arch-Gun’s ammo has been depleted, there is a 10 minute cool-down until it is summoned again. We intend to lower the cooldown in one of two ways:

Either reduce cooldown to 5 minutes and double the Atmosphere Arch-Gun’s ammo pool
Or
Scale cooldown based on remaining Atmosphere Arch-Gun’s ammo pool (and double the pool overall).

Additional Comments:

Generally speaking from a broad design sense, the intent here is to have a powerful change of pace in combat, not a complete replacement of your weaponry for all time. This is an 'oh yeah' power moment that will continue to undergo balance changes to feel a bit less punishing.  

b) The Profit Taker Rewards

We intend to add new rewards for taking down the Profit Taker: Debt Tokens, Actual Profit (aka a big stack of Credits), and possibly an Articula!

Additional Comments:

Taking down The Profit Taker is no easy task - and on its death, you get a Crisma Toroid worth 6,000 Vox Solaris Standing... and that's it. We are adding more shortly as listed above, and hopefully.. even more soon!

c) Conservation

We intend to make some changes to the Tranq Rifle and Animal Pheromone Synthesizer items. The amount of Solaris United Standing required for these items will be rebalanced.  'Perfect' captures with Warframe abilities is also being reviewed again.

Additional Comments:

Making the Tranq Gun a bit more responsive / fun to use is undergoing testing. We wanted to add content to the unused 'Gear' slot on the Conservation UI, and once we rebalance costs / functionality we hope Pheromones serve a new role for Conservationsists.

d) Heist Cutscenes

We intend to make the cutscenes that play before Heists skippable and hope to do so before the holidays!

Additional Comments:

There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!

e) The Profit Taker fight.

We are adding more waypoints and icons to Objectives and Pickups during the Profit Taker fight. We are also tweaking some of the offensive mechanics of The Profit Taker.

Additional Comments:

This one is a little tricky. The Profit Taker fight is not meant to be an easy task, and we want to wait more than 24 hours to act on some feedback. Players need to spend more than a day strategizing - keeping Alert Beacons destroyed, learning how to cycle damage types, coordinating with your squad, are types of behaviour that can efficiently overcome the challenge. We are looking to reduce 'unfun' elements for sure, just be aware we are hesitant to over-correct some of the aspects in less than a day of feedback. Thanks for your patience in advance!

f) Mesa Prime + TennoGen

In a recent hotfix, Mesa Prime’s toggle on her TennoGen skins was removed, because her base and Prime models are so different that the Prime Details don’t line up properly. We are working on a fix for these texture problems and will continue to keep you posted here https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1045291-mesa-prime-toggle-removal-update-solution-found/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-10413876

g) The Profit Taker Bounties

You may have noticed that for the 4 Heist Bounties, you only get 1 reward at the end of each Bounty. Before launch, we multiplied the quantity of some of the rewards (i.e x3 Toroids, etc) as we didn't think having 'per phase' rewards made sense for the fast and easy tasks that kick off each Bounty - but we are reviewing this to see what we can change, even if it means multiplying more.

h) Staticor

With yesterday's update, the Straticor’s charged shots deal self-damage, but we intend to change that. The Straticor’s charged shots will soon have self-damage removed.

• Like 25
  • Haha 4
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 10
  • Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Taking down The Profit Taker is no easy task

I would love to agree here, but I'm afraid the challenge in Orbs is nonexistent and the entire encounter just feels like another bounty assassination target with a gear check (Archguns). We have slowly gone from Trials (which required team coordination or you fail) to Eidolons (less coordination and can be done solo), to Orbs (which honestly feel like a Sortie 3 mission).

EDIT: I don't want to sound too harsh. I still believe that the fight is visually awesome. I hope we get profile stats much like Eidolons, and maybe a Stratos Emblem type cosmetic that upgrades every 20 Orb Mother kills or so.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 30

"...put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!"

"Funny Joke!" -Yoda

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The fight is not as long as the dialogue and cutscenes 😕 

I'd like to see that.

• Like 1

How about letting the orb mother drop the most sought after arcanes like pulse energize grace strike shadow elevate etc. Credits and articula are not gonna justify repeat play. Sorry but its just not. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 12

1 minute ago, PookieNumnums said:

How about letting the orb mother drop the most sought after arcanes like pulse energize grace strike shadow elevate etc. Credits and articula are not gonna justify repeat play. Sorry but its just not. 

Sure, it's not intended to, the point is just more thematic, 'The Profit Taker' drops no profit. The post indicates we are hoping to drop even more as well, we just can't commit to anything yet otherwise we would share it.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Can you remove the components of that new pistol from the orb fight and put them somewhere else or remove them from the crafting materials of the pistol, I mean in the description it says it's a normal pistol, but then why does it require to kill giant spiders to build it? It makes no sense to me

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 9

Generally speaking on the rewards, I'd really appreciate it if these bounties were a bit more of a feasible alternative to toroid gain than mass slaughter farmsquadding. Rank ups and items still require specific ones in bulk, and the drop chances for them from each bounty are pretty poor still.

I'd honestly expected the orbs themselves to drop a bunch of them instead of a special 6k one, but it's hard to gauge how you guys want this whole thing handled. But with the daily rep cap anyhow, it can't hurt too much to have rep items overdrop, can it?

EDIT: Oh. And this might be a stretch, but I'd also really hoped to see eidolon shard equivalents, since the orbs are also sentient tech based. The orb fight, while troubled, is MUCH more interesting to me than the eidolons.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

a) Heavy Weapon Cooldown

Once the Atmosphere Arch-Gun’s ammo has been depleted, there is a 10 minute cool-down until it is summoned again. We intend to lower the cooldown in one of two ways:

Either reduce cooldown to 5 minutes and double the Atmosphere Arch-Gun’s ammo pool
Or
Scale cooldown based on remaining Atmosphere Arch-Gun’s ammo pool (and double the pool overall).

Additional Comments:

Generally speaking from a broad design sense, the intent here is to have a powerful change of pace in combat, not a complete replacement of your weaponry for all time. This is an 'oh yeah' power moment that will continue to undergo balance changes to feel a bit less punishing.   

While an understandable principle for design, the reality is that we have standard weaponry far more powerful than these guns. They suffer the same problem of many other damage-oriented mechanics in Warframe where they are only worth using if the player finds them fun or if they are required to use them for an encounter. Most direct parallel would be Amps — while not useless, they are objectively inferior to a significant number of other options and subsequently only really worth using if you have to.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 34

Will there be changes to the power level of Archwing weapons on the ground? Given their relatively weak mods, their higher base stats don't give them much of a boost in effectiveness at all. If the intent is "a powerful change of pace" in combat, it'd be nice if they hit harder and made things die really, really fast compared to even higher level small arms.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 14

17 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

a) Heavy Weapon Cooldown

Or

Additional Comments:

Why not remove the cooldown and instead implement a slow recharge on ammo. That way you can summon it whenever you want but depending on how long it has been since the last use you may not have a full magazine. Also archguns need more oomph if this is their intended role. Our standard arsenal has better mods and access to rivens so a lot of standard weapons can outperform their archwing counterparts.

Edited by xRufus7x
  • Like 3
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 36

16 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This one is a little tricky. The Profit Taker fight is not meant to be an easy task, and we want to wait more than 24 hours to act on some feedback. Players need to spend more than a day strategizing - keeping Alert Beacons destroyed, learning how to cycle damage types, coordinating with your squad, are types of behaviour that can efficiently overcome the challenge. We are looking to reduce 'unfun' elements for sure, just be aware we are hesitant to over-correct some of the aspects in less than a day of feedback. Thanks for your patience in advance!

what i think is, the boss should´t have the 12 damage type, this is just moronic and insane.

we have:

1. Impact

2. puncture

3. slash

4. cold

5. electricity

6. heat

7. toxin

8. blast

9. corrosive

10. gas

11. radiation

12. viral

The boss have radiation type barrier, but i cant damage him when im using an corrosive, magnetic, gas or blast type even when they have the added element.

The boss should be fixed to the core elements (Fire, Elec, Corr, Cold) . The barrier should be a damage reduction and no a full damage reduction. If the boss have electricity barrier you can damage him with the rest of the damage type with some 75% reduction, 50% combined elements, 0% with current element type.

The barrier need to change to a damage reduction barrier and no a damage nullifer. 

The immune phase on this game need to stop.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 37

5 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sure, it's not intended to, the point is just more thematic, 'The Profit Taker' drops no profit. The post indicates we are hoping to drop even more as well, we just can't commit to anything yet otherwise we would share it.

Maybe if it's in the range of 1mil credits it might be worth it (and would be thematic. This is supposed to the the orb mother that consumes the profit of the Orb Vallis. It's gonna have a lot of credits).

Otherwise it will just clog up the loot table.

• Like 4
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 14

18 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

d) Heist Cutscenes

We intend to make the cutscenes that play before Heists skippable and hope to do so before the holidays!

Why was that there in the first place, have you guys not played your game before? Most of the people want to grind the content. Warframe is supposed to be a fast-paced third person shooter with one of the best mobility mechanics in the genre, so use that , make it your mission , your goal to use that mechanic and make the game work around it. Not make stop-go "missions", unskippable cut-scenes , time gated AW reload and damage gated content. The worst feeling in a fast paced game like this is to deliberately slow it down.

No, accelerate it , make it fast so people enjoy their mobility, their freedom of being overpowered and introduce challenging content that gives you the ability to abuse your powers and guns. There is so much potential out of one just the mobility mechanics of the game and yet we get all of this bullet-hell like content that is grinded in such boring fashion. 

Also AW gun "pull out" time is horrendous. 

edit 1: fixed unsinkable cutscenes to unskippable cutscenes as intended :V

Edited by TheMightyBaloon
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 14

To be completely honest, the Orb Mother fight is disappointing. The community's waited for MONTHS to fight these CRAZY awesome Corpus/Sentient SPIDERBOTS, being promised a HELL of a challenge the entire time, only to receive a "boss" with zero actual rewards and even easier to kill than Eidolons. I would never encourage ANY player to waste their time fighting these. No rewards, no challenge, absolutely no fun.

• Like 1
  • Woah 3
  • Upvote 14

What if we made the orbs themselves have an aditional chance of dropping one or several of the bounty rewards if you kill it efficiently? Fitting in with the previous formula of the Fortuna bounties where you complete' flawless bounties ' for extra stuff. The main offenders for most of us atm are the rather unrewarding bounties ON TOP of the fights themselves. 

And one last thing. It would be stellar if the orbs/raknoids would actually drop some archw-gun mods aswell. Some of the old ones, so we don't have to grind archwing... because grinding archwing isn't neccesarily everyone's idea of fun, let's be fair.

Thanks for taking the feedback though, didn't expect a response from the Devs until at the very least after the holidays. They can say a lot, but they can't say DE doesn't listen.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 10

il y a 13 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

a) Heavy Weapon Cooldown

Or

Additional Comments:

b) The Profit Taker Rewards

We intend to add new rewards for taking down the Profit Taker: Debt Tokens, Actual Profit (aka a big stack of Credits), and possibly an Articula!

Additional Comments:

Taking down The Profit Taker is no easy task - and on its death, you get a Crisma Toroid worth 6,000 Vox Solaris Standing... and that's it. We are adding more shortly as listed above, and hopefully.. even more soon!

e) The Profit Taker fight.

We are adding more waypoints and icons to Objectives and Pickups during the Profit Taker fight. We are also tweaking some of the offensive mechanics of The Profit Taker.

Additional Comments:

A) Why not simply adding an Arch-gun mod "ammo mutation" ? A very low-efficiency one, that would transform like 20 ammo for sniper into 1 archwing atmo ammunition. That way there is no need to change the actual mecanics of the cooldown or the ammo pool. And it would also allow us to regain ammo in missions outside of the vallis (but to make that not op we need a very very very very low efficiency muttation mod)

B) I may be wrong, but I think the Crisma toroid is doubled by the x2 booster as the regular toroids are, abit overpowered for those having the booster and kavat I think

E) I made a post about a suggestion about a way to "reduce considerably the quantity of adds mobs" by going sabotage something on the vallis, investing total time to make the field fight easier, might be something you could think about. (except that point, the boss fight is not needed to be rework honnestly, it's "easy" once you understood, just requieres concentration and coordination)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I would love to agree here, but I'm afraid the challenge in Orbs is nonexistent and the entire encounter just feels like another bounty assassination target with a gear check (Archguns). We have slowly gone from Trials (which required team coordination or you fail) to Eidolons (less coordination and can be done solo), to Orbs (which honestly feel like a Sortie 3 mission).

I second on this, I had hopes these orbs would require teamwork and coordination but nope, once again really disappointed. Like to be honest the fight is 10 times easier than even the eidolons which trust me is not a good thing. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Zitat

d) Heist Cutscenes

Additional Comments:

There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!

DE - Please Please Please make this your first priority!
I was so looking forward to this update and i am gonna watch Netflix tonight instead.
I really can't handle those cutscenes anymore.

On another note, please rething the loottable of the Orb again.
There really needs to be more incentive to kill em, otherwise nobody will do so, after reaching max rank with Vox Solaris.
That would be really sad......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4