[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: The Profit Taker FGF. Frequently Given Feedback!

On 2018-12-19 at 7:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Profit Taker Rewards

We intend to add new rewards for taking down the Profit Taker: Debt Tokens, Actual Profit (aka a big stack of Credits), and possibly an Articula!

Additional Comments:

Taking down The Profit Taker is no easy task - and on its death, you get a Crisma Toroid worth 6,000 Vox Solaris Standing... and that's it. We are adding more shortly as listed above, and hopefully.. even more soon!

Since Corpus are the "shield" faction please let the profit taker drop some new arcane improving the shields of our frames.

Make harrow and friends happy, please 🙂

• Upvote 1

Please let us gain Vox Solaris standings from the Profit Taker's bounties, don't allocate them more for Solaris United standings. Farming for Toroids is more painful than Cetus Wisps or Sentient Cores. Or please buff the drop rates of Toroids from enemies (1.1% is extremely bad drop chance / Heist bounty is filled with some useless rewards; it's decreasing the chances of Toroids as rewards). Reconsider it, please. 

• Upvote 2

On 2018-12-20 at 2:51 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

b) The Profit Taker Rewards

Improve the rare mods drop. I have done more than 60 kills.I still dont have any of them.why is that so hard? kill the profit taker already hard enough. and you want us to do this 70 times at least to get the mod, also 50% chance its not what you want. WHY?

I'm having a nightmare trying to get Atmo Systems with Heist Bounty 2. I do them in under 3 minutes, and I've done over 40 in a row and I've got 0 atmo systems. Meanwhile I have a ton of gyromags and even 3 of the 3x repeller systems WHICH ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RARER. I need 2 atmo system to rank up Vox Solaris and only when I rank up I could buy the other systems so I wont have to grind the same 2-3 min long mission over and over and over and over. Its either bugged or I have horrible horrible luck. I'm stuck at this standing rank. and I really want to build Baruuk and move to max out Vox Solaris

Edited by Waldoz53

How about just DON'T have a cooldown for the thing required to damage the spiders?? I dunno??? Just a thought

What are you trying to accomplish by having a cooldown? What does this add to the game? How does it make it more interesting? What do /you/ get out of limiting the player? If the team is good enough to kill the spider then they're gonna kill the spider, you're literally just delaying the inevitable for no other reason than to be annoying.

REALLY activates my almonds.

• Upvote 2

Where do I even start?
The amount of trash mobs in the fight is absolutely insufferable. Even more so while avoiding highly punishing and highly damaging orb attacks. It's not realistic to expect anyone to keep track of so many things at once. Dying over and over to attacks that bypass even total invincibility (probably a bug) makes this fight a complete and utter chore. The worst part is that this could actually be a good fight, but it's buried under the weight of so many cheap tricks. It's not even that the fight is impossible to win, far from that. It's that you HAVE to be Chroma to contribute to the fight and stay alive at all that's just completely insulting to basically every other frame. Join the Chroma Club or wallow in the frustration of awful enemy scaling.
The orb's energy spike isn't even choreographed, you barely have 2 or 3 seconds to go into operator mode or LITERALLY DIE. it oneshots anything.
Guys, you made a really great attack that was exactly like that a while ago, in PoE. And you know why it was good then and it's terrible now? Choreography. You had a LOT of time to adjust. You even got a voice line telling you to fall back. Here? Nope! Nothing.
Profit-Taker is making me a very salty bag of squish.

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Chicadino said:

It's that you HAVE to be Chroma to contribute to the fight

Nope. 

It's very much soloable as Inaros or even Oberon in the space of 6-8 minutes each. A bunch of other frames too, if you feel so inclined.  

11 minutes ago, Chicadino said:

and stay alive

Ever tried that recent mode called "Arbitration"? You might want to look into what Adaptation and Rolling Guard do. Oh, and look up Magus Elevate while you're at it.

13 minutes ago, Chicadino said:

you barely have 2 or 3 seconds to go into operator mode or LITERALLY DIE. it oneshots anything.

Except it does not. A sufficiently tanky frame can literally be left AFK facing the Profit Taker only to find it alive and well when you return. Yes, that would require arcanes, umbral mods and whatnot, and I'm aware that most people are too lazy to farm up even a set of Guardian, much less a double Grace, but that means Plains of Eidolon could use a revamp, or that we could use another source of Arcanes (raids, *cough*) not that we don't have enough tools to tackle the spider fight.

Warframe was, is and likely will be a game about choosing a proper brand of cheese to combat cheesy challenges. It's a part of its appeal. I don't really see a problem with a boss fight that actually requires a hard-ish to get cheese brand to beat, especially since you've got multiple brands to choose from. 

26 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

A sufficiently tanky frame can literally be left AFK facing the Profit Taker only to find it alive and well when you return.

25 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Yes, that would require arcanes, umbral mods and whatnot,

And you don't see what the problem is with that?  If you specifically need a full set of arcane grace, adaptation, umbral mods, etc to stay alive, maybe consider that not everybody has access to them like you do. I happen to have most of what you just described sans arcanes and find myself struggling with staying alive regardless.

25 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

too lazy to farm up even a set of Guardian, much less a double Grace,

There's a ton of reasons beyond laziness. Schedule, time investment, skills, financial situation, etc. and from the looks of it, Arcane Grace is pretty inaccessible.
oQY6UvO.png
MlMjS0R.png<- cheapest sell offer for max rank.
Like I said, the problem isn't with the mechanics, I have absolutely no problem getting past that. The trash mobs with an unhealthily high amount of puncture damage and ONE out of many of the spider's attacks are giving me trouble. Is it so much to ask to tone those down/make them actually fair so you don't need to spend a lot of time/money to get a laundry list of survivability stuff JUST to not have to die in one specific instance?

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Chicadino said:

Is it so much to ask to tone those down/make them actually fair so you don't need to spend a lot of time/money to get a laundry list of survivability stuff JUST to not have to die in one specific instance?

Alternatively, you could team up with others, coordinate what you do, bring a Blessing Trinity, an Oberon with good range on his Hallowed Ground and a Phoenix Renewal or a good old Harrow, preferably with an active Vazarin affinity range boost... You know, get ready for a BOSS FIGHT?

Oh, wait. You don't want a boss fight. You want a loot pinata that is perfectly doable on every frame and every team compo and is effectively soloable. And despite the fact that even this is very much achievable if you bothered to farm specific mods and arcanes, you're still not happy. Because soloing boss fights should be accessible to everyone. 

And THEN you start complaining about a lack of "challenge" in Warframe.

Hypocrisy much? 

Edited by Reifnir

On 2019-01-19 at 8:13 PM, Makunogo said:

i actually prefer that it gives SU standing instead exactly because its so easy to cap the VOX standing, 5 runs of profit taker is enough to cap. if you actually look at the bounty list. toroids ARE common drop. but rng is rng. 

considering i pay next to no attention to ranking up my solaris standing this is a nice incentive (as i'm getting more then one syndicate done at the same time)

i hardly touch Solaris united bounties anymore as the profit taker also guarantee drops debt bonds which i can use on decor or direct standing. i no longer have to burn my credits on ticker. 

i do not do more then 10 profit taker runs a day. still after that bloodshed sigil.

They aren't common drops. They're uncommon...I'm looking at the rewards list right now. That's fine if you want it for SU but it I don't see the reason. We're already old mate with Eudico by the time we can do vox bounties so there isn't much to do other than buy bait and all the stuff from the vendors to get MR. We can already get SU standing by fishing, hunting and SU bounties. What do we got for Vox standing? Do phase 2 several times or get your other high MR friends and start a war with the Corpus at one of the three spots. In my experience, I get a toroid drop about 1 out of 10 phase 2 runs. Attacking the labs, temple or spaceport with randoms I get about 5 every thirty minutes. Last weekend I did the same thing with my clan and got 14 in 30 minutes but it's not easy to get a squad of four together every day. Five runs of profit taker is enough to cap for you? You must be having some godlike rng. Did you do it with a Nekros, Smeeta and a booster?

Edited by OhioNitsud
missed a word

Profit taker Bounties should give Vox Solaris standing instead, I mean we are working for that particular faction doing these missions aren't we?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, OhioNitsud said:

They aren't common drops. They're uncommon...I'm looking at the rewards list right now. That's fine if you want it for SU but it I don't see the reason. We're already old mate with Eudico by the time we can do vox bounties so there isn't much to do other than buy bait and all the stuff from the vendors to get MR. We can already get SU standing by fishing, hunting and SU bounties. What do we got for Vox standing? Do phase 2 several times or get your other high MR friends and start a war with the Corpus at one of the three spots. In my experience, I get a toroid drop about 1 out of 10 phase 2 runs. Attacking the labs, temple or spaceport with randoms I get about 5 every thirty minutes. Last weekend I did the same thing with my clan and got 14 in 30 minutes but it's not easy to get a squad of four together every day. Five runs of profit taker is enough to cap for you? You must be having some godlike rng. Did you do it with a Nekros, Smeeta and a booster?

Crisma toroid is a guarenteed drop... which gives u 6k vox solaris standing.. and if u got a booster u can get more then 1. so actually 2.5 runs can cap a Mr 26. 5x6 = 30k vox standing and u done for the day. so yea.. dont really need the  FORTUNA bounties for profit taker giving vox standing.

Edited by Makunogo

5 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Profit taker Bounties should give Vox Solaris standing instead, I mean we are working for that particular faction doing these missions aren't we?

no not really.. its still fortuna. the only reason why they give standing at all imo is because they were classified as bounties. had they not been like eidolons are. then it would make no difference. getting some fortuna standing is honestly a bonus. cus as i said it takes only 3 runs for a mr 26 w/ a booster (or kavat) to cap, 5 runs without a booster. and i'm sure not everyone doing them is at mr 26 so thats THE MOST runs it takes to cap if one is only going in for standing. the 1k would be pretty redundant pretty quick there is a ton more uses from fortuna standing then there is vox standing anyway.

• Upvote 1

You don't need any more Fortuna standing after you unlock profit taker missions.

Besides practically every other activity in Fortuna already gives standing for regular Solaris aside from Ventkids.

Fortuna standing is easy through Ticker already.

Vox Solaris standing needs you to turn in Toroids, which is still annoying to get, and is the only source too.

We need more methods of getting Vox Solaris points to get those new amps, and the excessive amounts of Arcanes.

Also we use Vox Solaris's broadcast in Profit Taker mission 2 to make those three officers show up.

warning unpopular opinion*

i rather enjoy that the fight isn't a cake walk that is so easily cheezed. i gotta give one to DE for making this fight slightly annoying. and its only the first one. we need more challenging* fights like this despite the grievances because people are not accustomed to getting wrecked.

Edited by Makunogo

4 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

You don't need any more Fortuna standing after you unlock profit taker missions.

Besides practically every other activity in Fortuna already gives standing for regular Solaris aside from Ventkids.

Fortuna standing is easy through Ticker already.

Vox Solaris standing needs you to turn in Toroids, which is still annoying to get, and is the only source too.

We need more methods of getting Vox Solaris points to get those new amps, and the excessive amounts of Arcanes.

Also we use Vox Solaris's broadcast in Profit Taker mission 2 to make those three officers show up.

this is not true. a lot of people fast track capping solaris so they can get straight to profit taker. just because we are at Old mate does not mean we have bought everything.

also as someone had mentioned to me, not everyone has an abundance of spare resources/credits to use ticker. heck even i run out of credits. i actually have to pay attention to how much credits i have now.

crisma toroids alone is useable for capping and u can get more then one in a profit take fight, making it 12k standing a run, we have a daily cap of 27k at MR26 so anyone with a kavat/booster can cap with 3 runs.

solaris has significantly more things to use standing on then vox solaris. 

i've seen people spamming bounty 2 which just does not make sense to me now that standing can be used to get the parts people are missing. and crisma toroids alone can fund that and their daily cap

I'm starting to wonder if you even played the regular Solaris missions.

Those missions can grant up to even 5k Solaris standing per run, and they aren't even at the same difficulty as Profit taker.

If you're MR26, I doubt you'd be low on credits because of Index, or resources due to accumulation from playtime alone.

Standing Spending wise,

Solaris only has MOAs, Ores, Kitguns, 4 arcanes, Ticker's furniture, and Conservatory's hunting tools.

Vox Solaris has Operator Costumes, Amp parts, 15 Arcane types, and Baruuk Warframe

Solaris standing has much less use.

Gain Standing methods

Solaris: Trade in ores(smokefinger), Trade in kitguns(Zuud), Trade in MOA(thursby), Trade in Servofish(Biz), Solaris Missions, Conservatory capture.

Vox Solaris: Trade in Toroids.

So you should wonder, which faction even needs that extra Standing gathering method.

Which is why I suggested Profit Taker missions should award standing to Vox Solaris faction instead of Solaris United faction.

Edited by Teliko_Freedman
  • Upvote 1

I know I'm late getting to this thread but please, for the love of god, do not do credit rewards.

You already put credits into drop tables elsewhere when you want to nerf that table, what are you thinking?

That out of the way, have you ever thought about how low a 1.25% drop chance is on a mod? That's a 1 in 80 chance. Now, let's examine Phase 3 (where you get Sabot Rounds at 1.25% chance) real quick! Did you know that between all the mandatory chatter (including when Boon locks you into the elevator because he REALLY wants you to hear him sound like an idiot) and loading time it takes 3-5 minutes just to get to where you can damage Profit-Taker's shields? Then you have to spend 1-2 minutes at least to do enough damage to finish the bounty. Then you have to stop and stand outside the elevator, waiting for your reward because if you go inside too soon you'll finish the mission without receiving your reward first.

After all that (including time to get back to the back room in Fortuna) nearly 10 minutes has passed and probability says you need to do that 80-ish times to have a good chance of getting one mod. That's 800 minutes, or 13 hours and 20 minutes, of doing the same thing over, and over, and over again. I don't think anyone enjoys having to run the same thing 80 times, and I'm sure they don't enjoy having it drawn out artificially by the exact same voice lines over and over again. I thought it was hilariously stupid how the hack console waited politely for Eudico's voice lines to finish before I could use it. Then I realized I would have to run the mission for hours to get what I was after, and now I'm not laughing. Even the badass animation of Profit-Taker climbing off its perch gets old after the 20th run.

By the way, you removed raids partly because of how stupid all the coordinated button pressing was, and yet somehow you think that the stupid coordinated button pressing thing in Phase 3 would be fun? And what about doing nothing but shooting at something that won't die for a couple of minutes, then extracting after that? If it ignores the mechanics that made Warframe fun, how could it be fun? When you're laying out the plans for your next new Warframes are you sometimes stopping to ask yourself "We've come up with all these great passives, powers, and gimmicks. Wouldn't it be fun to add some new content that renders all that irrelevant?"

Edited by Sennera
  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

I'm starting to wonder if you even played the regular Solaris missions.

Those missions can grant up to even 5k Solaris standing per run, and they aren't even at the same difficulty as Profit taker.

If you're MR26, I doubt you'd be low on credits because of Index, or resources due to accumulation from playtime alone.

Standing Spending wise,

Solaris only has MOAs, Ores, Kitguns, 4 arcanes, Ticker's furniture, and Conservatory's hunting tools.

Vox Solaris has Operator Costumes, Amp parts, 15 Arcane types, and Baruuk Warframe

Solaris standing has much less use.

Gain Standing methods

Solaris: Trade in ores(smokefinger), Trade in kitguns(Zuud), Trade in MOA(thursby), Trade in Servofish(Biz), Solaris Missions, Conservatory capture.

Vox Solaris: Trade in Toroids.

So you should wonder, which faction even needs that extra Standing gathering method.

Which is why I suggested Profit Taker missions should award standing to Vox Solaris faction instead of Solaris United faction.

you forgetting about scenes (which people do buy) that cost your entire standing as well as mandatory purchases. 

as previously mentioned its a Fortuna bounty. and with crisma toroids making it self sufficient plus some extra debt bonds i dont even need to touch bounties or ticker. however just because im able to afford using ticker doesn't mean that i will 

its just a more well rounded option. 4 profit taker runs assuming it changed to vox standing, one would be getting 28k standing. doing the profit take bounties require being at old mate, its highly likely that getting that extra fortuna standing is less likely to just go into thin air despite the aforementioned methods, they are not being used if one is busy doing profit taker bounties.

i haven't touched bounties after the first week. the time it takes vs standing gained is meh at best. (average of 12 minutes ish)

profit taker debt bond drops plus the 1k standing from completing it lets me get the most out of my play time. (runs are usually no more then 7 minutes) after i'm done with 4 runs if i feel like it, i may buy some things from ticker or heck buy some of the orbiter stuff since im not actively in fortuna as much i dont pay attention to my fortuna cap until its full then ill use it up on things.

also you forgot about fish bait costing standing.

heck if anything they should give us vent kid standing.. dont think anyone actively farms that anymore (despite likely wanting things from it)

i would much rather take vent kid standing as i'm sick of "grinding" lmao and races are pretty much ignored content now lets be real. 

On 2019-02-02 at 2:19 PM, Makunogo said:

you forgetting about scenes (which people do buy) that cost your entire standing as well as mandatory purchases. 

as previously mentioned its a Fortuna bounty. and with crisma toroids making it self sufficient plus some extra debt bonds i dont even need to touch bounties or ticker. however just because im able to afford using ticker doesn't mean that i will 

its just a more well rounded option. 4 profit taker runs assuming it changed to vox standing, one would be getting 28k standing. doing the profit take bounties require being at old mate, its highly likely that getting that extra fortuna standing is less likely to just go into thin air despite the aforementioned methods, they are not being used if one is busy doing profit taker bounties.

i haven't touched bounties after the first week. the time it takes vs standing gained is meh at best. (average of 12 minutes ish)

profit taker debt bond drops plus the 1k standing from completing it lets me get the most out of my play time. (runs are usually no more then 7 minutes) after i'm done with 4 runs if i feel like it, i may buy some things from ticker or heck buy some of the orbiter stuff since im not actively in fortuna as much i dont pay attention to my fortuna cap until its full then ill use it up on things.

also you forgot about fish bait costing standing.

heck if anything they should give us vent kid standing.. dont think anyone actively farms that anymore (despite likely wanting things from it)

i would much rather take vent kid standing as i'm sick of "grinding" lmao and races are pretty much ignored content now lets be real. 

You're forgetting that once you have everything from SU, which doesnt take very long, you get practically nothing from the Orb fight. This is supposed to be "end game", so something useful should be rewarded. And currently getting everything from SU is only a completionist thing to do. Many dont find any use of SU after getting the highest rank.

And if you are a completionist it is counter productive to run the heist for the rep because you are better off hunting floofs that gives you both progress towards obtaining them all and being able to buy the sigil aswell as maximizing your daily standing for the other SU things.

The Orb dropping bonds also has no lore connection whatsoever. Why would it carry bonds? It it made out of bonds? Does the bonds work like glue or silicon seals? Is it a massive undercover spiderbot bounty hunter? Is Ticker secretly the driver?

They need to give us proper rewards. I think they should simply unify open world boss drops to include arcanes, old and possibly new, give us more ways to obtain them. Since orbs can be hunted 24/7 and there is no way to capture them, all they'd have to do is alter the drop tables. This would naturally lower the % chance for each arcane aswell as remove the requirement of the capture mechanic to get the "rare" ones.

You know there's a huge problem when the only way to properly fight this boss is to cheese your way out of having to master any of the mechanics. Sitting there and facetanking unreal amounts of damage with expensive arcanes is not a boss fight so much as a loot pinata that gatekeeps poor players out.

• Upvote 4

On 2019-02-09 at 4:35 PM, Chicadino said:

You know there's a huge problem when the only way to properly fight this boss is to cheese your way out of having to master any of the mechanics. Sitting there and facetanking unreal amounts of damage with expensive arcanes is not a boss fight so much as a loot pinata that gatekeeps poor players out.

What mechanics? Aside from the elemental Simon Says, which you do have to master in order to do damage at all, the Orb is just a big Jackal. The vast majority of bosses in WF are simple like that. I do agree that just facetanking crazy damage is hardly engaging, though.

That said, DE did try to make a boss with complex mechanics, and that ended up being the Eidolons, which are some of the worst and most unfun bosses I've seen in over thirty years of gaming. So I count the Orb fight as a blessing, because it could be a whole lot worse.

Edited by SordidDreams

Please no credits for rewards-I don't know how everyone feels but I have more credits than I know what to do with already. After finally figuring out how to stay alive and working through the phases I managed to kill the things now. I got ammo-chain twice lol. The most useful thing was the 6000 standing toroid and maybe the debt bonds. It's not a fun fight though due to the never ending staggers, knockdowns/ups/sideways, and the shields moving though solid rock and cover. I don't mind all the enemies and having to cycle the Orb Mother but jesus it gets irritating to be constantly jiggling all over the place. Getting a meh mod twice in a row doesn't help me want to go back to that either. I could just go farm max alerts for toroids and have more fun which is probably what I'll do. I think DE need to at least not give you repeat crap rewards for all that aggravation and definitely no credits as we can go to the index if credits are low.

Edited by M3rc13
more experience with the Orb fight