[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: The Profit Taker FGF. Frequently Given Feedback!

11 minutes ago, Horaciozhao said:

I don't really understand the logic of saying the bounties of profit taker is short so we shouldn't get reward each stage. For example Phase 1 is a killing fishing, a mobile defense, and a defense drone, exactly like a tier 1 and 2 fortuna bounty with 3 stages, and has lv40-60 enemies, so if normal tier 1 and 2 bounties get reward each stage, why shouldn't the profit taker ones?

That would be a very logical consideration.

• Upvote 2

Fix the archgun loaders. 

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

the intent here is to have a powerful change of pace in combat, not a complete replacement of your weaponry for all time. This is an 'oh yeah' power moment that will continue to undergo balance changes to feel a bit less punishing.

They are mediocre at best right now, doing less damage than most of primaries and secondaries, with a hell of a lot less longevity. I feel no challenge when I have 8000 Rhino armor and still manage to get bursted to 0 by the Corpus Orb and Soldiers because the animation is so horrendously long. There's a fine line between being "Cool" and being annoyingly long, and the animation is aggressively long. It'd be way cooler if I could actually use the damn thing, then it hardly does a ton of damage anyways (maybe the Grattler is just trash, but I doubt it). Also, whoever thought it was a good idea for a 10 (now 5, but the point still stands) minute timer on the guns to respawn while simultaneously implementing a 5-minute timer for the final stage of the boss was a fool. You either have to time how you fight the boss (which is a terrible idea if you want all the work put into these orbs to be worth anything) or you have to have someone hold their gun out, and this is suicide because the nature of the boss is that you have to change up your damage types. Neat-O, can't wait to continue playing Chroma and abusing Vex Armor, because you've given me no excuse to play any other style. It's a great idea, but in my mind poorly executed. 

I love the ideas you've implemented, and the heist is a neat concept. You've clearly put a lot of work into this update, but I feel like there are so many small oversights that are making the orb fights more of a headache and chore with rewards you yourselves submit to be pretty... meh. This is a grinding game at heart. No one will play your content if the core of the game (grinding) is tedious, time-consuming, and (most importantly) not even worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

One topic on the redeemer prime should also be looked into as well the pellets do not receive crit chance mods or weeping wounds doesn't increase statis 

• Upvote 1

For me the only thing that's just keeping me out of fortuna are the enemies knockdown. Both in regular bounties and on orb heists.

It's really annoying when you are trying to farm for toroids (which you need a lot  for little duck and baruuk) with a ridiculously low drop rate. 

I was hyped for baruuk. not anymore.

or when you are trying to to shoot the profit-taker but you are constantly being thrown at the ground every 3 seconds.
Please DE, knockdowns don't make a game challenging, just tiring and frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Midnata said:

I love the ideas you've implemented, and the heist is a neat concept. You've clearly put a lot of work into this update, but I feel like there are so many small oversights that are making the orb fights more of a headache and chore with rewards you yourselves submit to be pretty... meh. This is a grinding game at heart. No one will play your content if the core of the game (grinding) is tedious, time-consuming, and (most importantly) not even worth it. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

a) Heavy Weapon Cooldown

Once the Atmosphere Arch-Gun’s ammo has been depleted, there is a 10 minute cool-down until it is summoned again. We intend to lower the cooldown in one of two ways:

Either reduce cooldown to 5 minutes and double the Atmosphere Arch-Gun’s ammo pool
Or
Scale cooldown based on remaining Atmosphere Arch-Gun’s ammo pool (and double the pool overall).

Additional Comments:

Generally speaking from a broad design sense, the intent here is to have a powerful change of pace in combat, not a complete replacement of your weaponry for all time. This is an 'oh yeah' power moment that will continue to undergo balance changes to feel a bit less punishing.  

I'm pretty sure this is why people are ticked off about the cooldown.  It was stated here that "It'll take up both slots so you can't equip a secondary", and I understand that was just kind of an idea, but we were expecting to be able to equip it in the armory, not summon it as an "oh yeah" power moment.

I get it.  Ideas change.  Stuff happens.  But there's feedback stating that the arch-guns are weaker than a lot of equipment that veterans already have.

When my Supra can out-power my arch-gun, the only reason to summon said arch-gun is rule of cool.  I'm sacrificing power in exchange for 'well this is nifty' on a ten minute cooldown.

I don't have a ton of experience with arch-guns yet, are they more powerful at base level so you wanted to keep newbies from using them?  If so, maybe give them a higher MR requirement for equipping to warframes, if that's possible?  Maybe make it a foundry segment that expands the arsenal and is only craftable at a certain MR/obtainable from high level missions?

The point is, if the gun is weaker than something I can already use all the time at no cost, cooldown, or penalty, and the only reason for me to use it is because it looks cool, maybe don't put a cooldown on it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 7

Edit, I'm revising my feedback/notes.

Okay sorry, I calmed down a bit and finally learned about this valuable piece of information that I was not aware of before.  "The Deployer has a cooldown of 5 minutes, but resets on looting Heavy Weapon Ammo pickups dropped from spawning Corpus enemies." I was not aware of that when I first encountered the fight solo. This piece of information about the heavy weapon ammo is important and significantly changed the course of my solo fight against the profit taker with Ivara. I actually got through on the 2nd run. I'm sorry, I'll revise my feedback.

Okay more calmer and learned some important info and revised feedback based on another run at it.

• Make it easier to spot corpus fluctus arch gunners (sorry I don't know their name) - Since these guys are the only people who can drop archgun ammo which is not only vital to refilling ammo, but resetting the cooldown. It would be greatly appreciated to find these dudes much easier

• Increasing the time of the 3rd final damage cycle for solo and multi - I'm not asking for too much, maybe increase it just like a tad bit. Like 6 minutes for solo, 5 minutes for multi-player? Maybe only as high as 6 minutes 30 seconds and 5 minutes 30 seconds, solo and multi respective? Like just one extra minute would make it a bit more manageable for solo players and I figure multi-player would appreciate it too.

Some things that are just really specific to only Ivara.

• Create an archgun silence mod - I know, it's just for Ivara, but please, it would be greatly appreciated by Ivara mains. We're kind of used to having to hush our loud guns, it would make it a bit more manageable for us during the profit-taker fight. Again, she's the only stealth frame balanced around this "loud/silent" gun mechanic. Please?
  • DE would you consider allowing Ivara's prowl to work on the corpus fluctus arch gunners ? I'm reminded of when you removed Ivara's prowl stacking in groups from Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.13.0 - " Ivara’s Prowl will now only steal from each enemy once total, instead of once per Ivara. Our intent is to mirror how Nekros’ Desecrate also functions, considering the recent movement of Sentient Cores to certain Sentient variants. It’s rewarding to be the warmly welcomed Nekros in an Argon Crystal run, and we hope Ivara will now be welcomed equivalently." - Could you allow Ivara's prowl to work on the corpus fluctus gunners? Please, it would give Ivara another job during the orb fight and she would get some warmer welcomes in public games.

Uncertainties

• This has been a bit vague when it comes to stealth with these boss fights. With eidolons, it's hard to tell if the aoe attacks are actually due to you being attacked because the boss knows where your position is, or if your last known position is being attacked, or if it's just due to lures. With this new boss fight with orb profit-taker, the missiles are a pain and I'm uncertain if this is intended or not. The missiles at least we know, can see through stealth. The other attacks um, not quite sure if profit-taker can see or not or if its just blindly attacking. With profit taker it would be nice to get a better sense of which attacks can see us in stealth or not, just more obvious telegraphing of attacks would be nice.

Edited by BlindStalker
revising feedback after trying again.
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

We have way too much arcanes dude, and honestly half of people use less than the half of it (it would be like if there were more mods).

I think it would be better to drop some kuva or maybe sentient core.

(Sorry for my english if i screw up)

I disagree... We have many worthless arcanes. Need more good ones.

• Upvote 1

It would be interesting if the orb mother could drop that transmutation stuff for riven mods or a legendary core some kit gun/ weapon parts, loads (like a lot) of Fortuna resources like the spider brain and parts of what the spider is made off to add to building our moa, k drives and kit guns and operators items (amp rifle or((amp melee)(it would be fun if it could be added))).

ideas for rewards:
arcanes
rivens
large amounts of endo (4k+ per drop)
annoying to farm resources such as real fieldron (not samples), mutagenic mass, or detonite injectors, in large amounts (5+)
maybe a unique resource exclusive to them that is used to craft interesting new weapons? might be a time consuming thing to develop.

as for improvement it's kind of been beaten to death but no more immunity phases, it's added difficulty, but not fun. theirs a million ways to add more difficulty to big encounters ranging from it spawning an army of mobs that need to be dealt with to the orb mother shooting out laser beams that do 6 trillion damage and dance around the area so they absolutely require you to stop fighting and focus on dodging

• Upvote 3

We intend to add new rewards for taking down the Profit Taker: Debt Tokens, Actual Profit (aka a big stack of Credits), and possibly an Articula!

Additional Comments:

Taking down The Profit Taker is no easy task - and on its death, you get a Crisma Toroid worth 6,000 Vox Solaris Standing... and that's it. We are adding more shortly as listed above, and hopefully.. even more soon!

Jesus. It seems DE is incapable of learning from past mistakes. I mean, some of the rewards for bounties in PoE were insulting, but getting a mere single relic for taking down the Profit-Taker .....damn, I have no words. What exactly do you guys intend with that? People drop the game in the second day and never return to do another fight? But hey, at least you increased the chance of getting the material required to build certain things from 1% ( :facepalm:) to 7% and, as usual, after we build the few things that requires them, these materials will be worthless, like every other material we have stockpiled by the thousands for absolutely nothing.
But at least they are gonna fix the rewards for Profit Taker....by adding credits and debt tokens. I have 0 need for both.

• Upvote 1

I’m loving what I’m seeing here.

anyway, as for the orb fights, I have yet to fight an orb (had way too much work this Christmas season, might try tonight) but from what I’m hearing, it’s somewhat fun but the awards aren’t really good (basically just the bounty rewards themselves and the standing core). Now you guys are working on awards and I’m glad to hear that. Because no matter how fun taking down an orb mother might be, it won’t be worth repeating without only just good rewards, but good rewards worth getting again and again.

Let’s compare the orb fights to eidolon fights. Eidolon hunting may not be too difficult (and maybe not what the community would call “end game”, let’s hope flydolon will be a real monster) but regardless of being high tier or not, eidolons have a lot of good drops and also drops worth farming again and again.

First off, they drop a lot of cores for standing (we got that covered in the orb fights at least, the first orb and I imagine that the rest will drop standing cores as well, and toroids can be farmed at bases still).

Eidolons drop shards which are not only resources but also have a use for focus standing as well.

Eidolons drop basic damage mods as well.

But the biggest reason I keep going back to hunt old Terry, Gary, and Harry is ARCANES! It may have been an awkward fluke that eidolons got ARCANES as reward drops since Raids were taken out of the game at the time, but man does it keep me going back to hunting the tridolons (still waiting on fly boy).

The thing is arcanes are good, not necessary to play the game, but definitely worth getting. You can really experiment with builds and push some of them in ways you couldn’t as easily without them. You need 10 of each to max them out so you will be farming the eidolons for a while. But after that Arcanes will continue to be worth farming again and again, because they have value in the market. 

now I’m not saying orb mothers need their own set of warframe arcanes (not referring to the operator and amp arcanes that onkko and little duck offer). But the orbs will need rewards just as worth getting, if not more so, than arcanes that also hold a value in the market.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

h) Staticor

With yesterday's update, the Straticor’s charged shots deal self-damage, but we intend to change that. The Straticor’s charged shots will soon have self-damage removed.

THANK YOU DE!!!!

i dont know why self damage was added in the first place but THANK YOU for removing it!

i can DEAL with the 2m radius nerf (even if i don't like it ) as long as i CANT KILL MYSELF with the staticor anymore

I'd like to see arcane drops. Possibly including newer arcanes you see in Vox Solaris as well.

But a more important thing is having some high demand items like forma, random relic packs, and potatoes added in shops. Something is wrong with Syndicates in general when you buy everything there is and then you have nothing substantial to buy afterward. I no longer play Plains bounties or trade in cores for quills for the lack of things to buy with standing.

2 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

-snip-

That's pretty much where I sit, after having done a few rounds of the first two phases and one of phase 3 + 4.

I'm just not interested in any more "slot the magic key to trivialize this encounter's gimmick" style set pieces. I can't properly appreciate the artistic effort that went into designing all the visual and audible treats when I'm either (1) being bounced around the whole time or (2) locked in a "resist knockdown" animation the whole time or... you get the point.

There is a delicate balance to strike when trying to create content that is satisfyingly hectic, and right now the Profit-Taker encounter just leaves me feeling like the Devs don't even want me playing the encounter. I sure don't get to spend much time playing in that fight; so much of it is spent with no meaningful access to control inputs.

If the fight receives some significant reworking, I'll try to recover some enthusiasm for messing with it again. For now, there's no reason to play part of a game that seems so intent on denying me the main method of interfacing with a game, which is the ability to deliver control inputs.

Something I would love to see in the future is Boss Sets that have unique characteristics of the boss we defeat visual and effect wise, for example by defeating Profit Taker boss we can get a unique primary, secondary and melee weapon and a unique armor set and syandana, and have the boss set give us some special buffs that will allow us to fight the next Orb Boss more easy something like "Set bonus: while you have this set equipped you take 20% less damage from Orb Mothers or you deal 20% more damage to them, like make the rewards we get from the boss battles in away to help us with the upcoming boss battles and because of the "FashionFrame" we get a way to show off to others like "Yo I got the full boss set by fighting that giant spider" even the weapons could have some special effects to use on normal missions like because the boss we fight is centered around credits and profit make it so they could have a effect like Secura Lecta or make them deal more damage to Corpus units or have some kind of effect in Index credit farming like "if you have all 3 weapons equipped in index you have to score 10 less points to win. There are options that could benefit us getting a Boss Set.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see exciting stuff from you guys in the future! 😄

37 minutes ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

So you cool with getting credits as reward?

I personally am. Credits can get eaten up with trading, which I tend to do a lot of.

I dont even do the mother fight untill there is a reason to play it... in the moment it's just not worth it. But therefore I can suggest rewards:

(3 per defeat or just 2)

- Baruuk Parts (the missing parts could be bought by little duck so it's not pure grind. It's already locked behind max Solaris standing)

- min 1.000.000 Credits

- 1000-2000 Endo

- Rare fish parts of fortuna

- Rare minerals of fortuna

- Forma (not a blueprint)

- 3 randome aviable Relics

- a few of the new rare parts that you need for the new weapons

- in the future maybe prime archwing weapon parts and blueprints?

- in the future special arcanes

And I heard of it: make archwing weapons usefull in every gammode... with rivens and a lot more mods then the archwing weapons they dont even are stronger. Also the payoff is slowness and a slow animation at the beginning. Remove the cooldown and make this weapons meaningful.

Thank you for reading 🙂

Edited by DerGreif2
  • Like 2

I would love to see the bounties change to not have only one reward per bounty. We sped a lot of time just to get the same common reward over and over again. Could we please make it so at some point there is no chance to get common rewards like split up first 2 bounties to common rewards, next one to uncommon and have only rare rewards from the orb mother bounties, if people want a specific reward at least they will know what bounty to run for a guaranteed drop from a particular drop table. That would also give more of a reason to fight the orb mother right now. Speaking of the orb mother, can we get something like an arcane that it drops? Right now it's very unrewarding to fight it because credits are kinda pointless and articula is only cool for those who like to use them. The rep is nice but once we max out no one will want to fight it again. At least with teralists we have arcanes and a way to get focus for operator schools.

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

c) Conservation

We intend to make some changes to the Tranq Rifle and Animal Pheromone Synthesizer items. The amount of Solaris United Standing required for these items will be rebalanced.  'Perfect' captures with Warframe abilities is also being reviewed again.

Additional Comments:

Making the Tranq Gun a bit more responsive / fun to use is undergoing testing. We wanted to add content to the unused 'Gear' slot on the Conservation UI, and once we rebalance costs / functionality we hope Pheromones serve a new role for Conservationsists.

d) Heist Cutscenes

We intend to make the cutscenes that play before Heists skippable and hope to do so before the holidays!

Additional Comments:

There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!

For conservation, I hope this means warframe abilities have at least a chance of allowing Perfect captures to get it. I understand you want to reward people that put in the effort with the Tranq Rifle, but at the same time, Equinox has 7 blueprints you have to farm, Ivara requires you to run spy many times to build her, and Baruuk requires those toroids and Vox Solaris standing. So there was effort too in getting those warframes. So perhaps a balance can be found - sleep ability-related captures have a chance of perfects, not a guarantee. But at the same time, not nerfed to an extreme where you cannot get any perfect captures at all.

For cutscenes, perhaps you can initiate the matchmaking process after the cutscene is viewed/skipped for that initial briefing cutscene. And if there are more cutscenes in-between (I actually have not yet attempted heists because I am waiting for the issues [as can been seen by many people voicing feedback] to be smoothed out before I try it), there can be a voting system on whether to skip or not

Edited by Xepthrichros

I think the orb fight is in a good position, it’s not hard (maybe not at all), but still fun when doing it solo.. her drop table should be changed to reflect our effort to be able to fight her.. and please, no more relic in the drop table.. we have relic in almost every mode in the game, and it kinda polluted other valuable drop.. it’s hard already to get atmo system (got 4x3 in like 30 runs) and only 1x3 repeller.. by removing relic, hopefully we’ll get the repeller easier..

For AW guns, the scaleable cooldown is on spot.. 5 minutes cooldown was a good change, and scaleable will be even better..  from the first time i saw this feature on devstream, i thought “this is the new feature to replace our primary/secondary, maybe if we decide to bring aw guns, we cant bring other primary/secondary”, but this is still acceptable as long as we can use it regularly..

• Like 2

Personally I'm having a lot of fun with the orb fight, my only criticisms are;

1. The amount of knockbacks and roller-type staggers (especially from those god damn trencher units) is worse than being staggerlocked in a corner by a grineer Shield Lancer
2. The bounty objectives are fun, the interactions from the Vox Solaris crew is top notch and feels organic, BUT in regards to rewards and gameplay flow, compared to the other bounties they are almost worse than launch PoE bounties. Just because they only give one reward before you have to go back to Fortuna, especially with the Phase 1 bounty which has 3 stages. After you've completed all the stages at least once, on subsequent replays Little Duck should be standing outside and let you replay any of the P-T bounties. The fact you have to go back to fortuna so often really kills it, it stops the action and forces you to sit through more loading screens (and previously cutscenes) than you should have to.

If Little Duck at least stood outside fortuna (offering all bounty phases) on replays of the Vox bounties, I think the grind wouldn't feel as bad. OR alternatively each step of the Vox bounties should give one or two bonus bounty rewards on completion. 

Edited by DjAirsurfer
  • Like 2