Sentinels and what they desperately need

Yuki-Chakara

Sentinels are squishy little companions that float near our heads who when killed cant easily be revived and are very much essential to making game play less annoying by picking up our loot and giving us benefits such as healing and protection. However they die as easily as a balloon being shot at by a shotgun. With DE's recent push for everything AOE and homing from the enemies our little companions die within a second. Fortuna has made this worse as thats pretty much all the corpus throw at us, that and excessive knockdowns and staggers. What the Sentinels need to help keep them from dying so damn quick is a dodge bonus such as Titania has in razorwing and what some mods give warframes. A chance to just dodge the attacks directed at them instead of taking everything to the face. They are tiny and float, let them have a chance to be missed by attacks, especially AOE and splash attacks directed at the warframes. We can tank that stuff, our little floaty friends cant. With Eidolon and Orb fights we cant keep them alive to do their job when nothing but instant kill homing AOE bullS#&$ is thrown at us.

I agree with the OP.  

I love using my sentinels but they die pretty darned quickly in Orb Vallis when the alert level has reached its max.

We really do need a way to revive them similar to how beast companions can be revived.

I would like to add this:  DE should add an "aura-like" mod slot to sentinels due to the fact that equipping a maxed Primed Regen mod makes it very difficult to equip other maxed mods that have a high capacity drain (Enhanced Vitality, Calculated Redirection, Metal Fiber, Accelerated Deflection, Sanctuary) along with other mods.  Furthermore, giving us the ability to increase our sentinels' mod capacity (with an "aura-like" mod slot) would increase our build choices if there are any new upcoming Primed sentinel mods released in the near future.

6 hours ago, XenMaster said:

They need scaling stats based on enemy lvl.

Yes excellent idea, but instead of being a default option I think players should fight to earn it, for example using Arbitrations, you can spend your points to buy a "Sentinel Advanced Combat Module", then you can apply that on a sentinel just like an orokin reactor, and with that inserted it gains stats that scale with enemy level.