Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.4

[DE]Megan

30 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Profit-Taker Additions, Changes and Fixes:

• Added waypoints to the spawned Pylons.
  • Added a waypoint to the Crisma Toroid when dropped.
  • You can now skip the Profit-Taker Bounty cutscenes. 
    • There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!
  • Removed Knockdown from the Profit-Taker’s lightning attack.

Arch-Gun Changes & Fixes:

• Arch-Gun Ammo pool increased by 2x for all Arch-Guns in Atmosphere mode.
  • Arch-Gun Deployer cooldown has been reduced to 5 minutes instead of 10.

Now these are what I call god-tier fixes. Thanks so much both to Megan and everybody in the dev team for listening to the feedback.

If I may, about the cutscenes you can allow players to skip them but individually, instead of having the host skip it for everybody. This way, people who already saw them can go straight to the mission while people who are watching them for the first time can spend some time watching them before regrouping.

If possible, could we have also another NPC inside Orb Vallis that gives heist missions (like the NPC that gives Solaris United bounties)? That would make it so much faster to farm the missions.

Gerade eben schrieb X4vi0uR:

Now these are what I call god-tier fixes. Thanks so much both to Megan and everybody in the dev team for listening to the feedback.

If I may, about the cutscenes you can allow players to skip them but individually, instead of having the host skip it for everybody. This way, people who already saw them can go straight to the mission while people who are watching them for the first time can spend some time watching them before regrouping.

If possible, could we have also another NPC inside Orb Vallis that gives heist missions (like the NPC that gives Solaris United bounties)? That would make it so much faster to farm the missions.

Whoa, we are not done yet bro

We need to harp on till they add the arch-guns to our regular ground loadout and remove that stupid cooldown mechanic altogether.

22 minutes ago, STorres said:

You have to pick it up after the spoder explodes.

itzal works.

Tried it then but it was nowhere to be found, same for my team mates.

It's all good though, I just defeated Profit-Taker twice now and got the toroid so it seems to be working. ^^

A 5 minute cooldown from a 10 is a very large improvement

Removing the cooldown all together and getting the archguns out of a gear slot would be an even bigger one

I can understand this is a quick fix to try and put out some of the fires fortuna part 2 caused, right next to a major holiday too, but this can not be it.

don’t let archguns rot away in the gear menu as a gimmick “ultimate”, recycled as fortuna’s amps

they can add alot more to the game by bringing in more weapon varity if properly balanced out

it really feels like you guys are rushing, or getting beaten down by crunch times

24 minutes ago, Harbinger91 said:

My thoughts exactly lol

It's not like archguns are stronger than existing primaries anyway, so why bother introducing such a stupid mechanic in the first place? If you ask me, it would have been perfectly fine to just copypasta the space arch-guns onto ground and let people equip them with their loadout, but be unable to equip melee/secondaries and get the hobbled dragon key effect in exchange for a gun with unlimited ammo...

Oh i don't mind if it's bad, it's just f u n. And that all hyping up for fun has been kind of ruined by limitations, but hey! Arch guns actually don't suck at all, sorta-ish, on ground they are buffed by quite a bunch and oh boy, it is spicy

46 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Arch-Gun Deployer cooldown has been reduced to 5 minutes instead of 10.

Still too long, considering how mediocre Arch-guns are in comparison to regular ranged weapons.

Seriously, regular modded weapons SHOULD NOT be able to out-damage big guns that are heavy enough to require anti-grav tech to wield on a planet's surface. That's wrong on so many levels.

I actually very much like how you've implemented the cutscene skip. It also doubles as a way to speed through the conversation for people who read the subtitles and don't have the patience to listen, and being instanced stops any one player from ruining it for the rest.

This is a great way to solve it, and when it comes time to implement a permanent fix, I hope the end result isn't too dissimilar.

On a tangential note, I'd recommend enabling something similar when replaying quests. For example, while Sacrifice was very enjoyable the first time, on the fourth time through while hunting for Fragments, the long cutscenes were unbearable.

49 minutes ago, Nasair said:

Not just that weapon, but there are several bugs with weapons doing 0 damage even with the correct damage type.

I mean when shield is down and you need to shoot the legs. Fluctus has real problem with it. Even when you are shooting in the right place you deal 0. Rarely your 1 or 2 hits will deal dmg. I wanted to take another archgun but reserch in dojo for gravimag will take months to be compleated (almost all of my clan isn't interested  in farming systems . I cant even lower my dojo lvl because i need to cancel all decoration. There are hundreds of them ;-;

vor 54 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

• You can now skip the Profit-Taker Bounty cutscenes. 
    • There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!

thank you.

on the one hand, there is solo mode. i use it, whenever i want to get story stuff done for exact that reason. whenever someone queues up for public play, i assume they just want to get the objective done and dusted in a fluent and efficient manner.

is there a way to check, if someone has already "enjoyed" throught the whole talking stuff? if yes, would it be possible to block the skipping, if someone has not watched it yet?

the reduction of the heavy weapon timer is much appreciated. please remove it for simulacrum please.

i also appreciate, that you give us our pacifier, if we scream loud enough. removing the self damage on charged staticor shots is nice. as this game has next to 0 emphasis on pvp, who cares about perfect balance anyways... 
never used the charged shot though... increase the aoe on quick shots to 3-4 meters, pretty please? (WUAAAAAH! WUAAAAAAAAH! ... if that helps)

for what it is worth: i really appreciate, that you guys at DE are "reachable" and not some distant entity, which just does stuff no matter what the player base wants.

51 minutes ago, Calas said:

If someone wants to see it for themselves they can start a mission, watch the cutscene, then leave and join multiplayer right after. 

Some of us actually try to keep the aborted mission counter down. I like having a high completed mission percentage.

Archived