Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.4

[DE]Megan

51 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • You can now skip the Profit-Taker Bounty cutscenes. 
    • There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!

So let me get this straight - you conscientiously locked a repeatable mission behind several minutes of unskippable dialogue (!?!) because of some made up bs excuse ???

Do you even care about your user experience at all (any UX whatsoever)? Or does it all revolve around cosmetic garbage?

Any gamer, any QA member, any playtester, would tell you outright, that (especially) in a game where you repeat the same thing over and over again - to make every damned cutscene skippable!

I've said it a few times already, and I'll repeat myself again - beef up your QA team, listen to them, your QA team should have 'teeth' and a say in what and how things come out! As things stand, most of the playerbase is convinced you don't have one, at all.

Make every cutscene skippable please! There are a ton of ways to prevent accidental skips too (f.ex.: hold a button for 2-3 seconds with a visual indicator).

Examples of MASSIVE time sink conversations:

• Quill Onkko - pick the "Onkko?" conversation option - I've accidentally clicked it quite a few times & it was not fun!
  • When "Plague Star" is live - pick the "Infestation?" conversation option - you can easily misclick it & get stuck in the conversation!

What's even worse is that you can't tell your team what's taking so long since the entire game is locked in that damned state!

p.s.: You still got several game locking bugs entering the conversation in the back room while also swapping to operator and/or using the ESC menu.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • You can now skip the Profit-Taker Bounty cutscenes. 
    • There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!

* Only w/ Keyboard & Mouse. Doesn't work with controller.

Changes:

• Sola, Calda, and Vega Toroid drops are now affected by Resource Drop Chance Boosters.
    • Worth noting that the Resource Booster always applied - this is specifically the Resource Drop Chance Booster.

So it wasn't working, then? Well thanks for fixing that (on top of confirming my suspicions)

You can now skip the Profit-Taker Bounty cutscenes. 

why not have the mission queue at the door transition between fortuna and orb vallis?

but making the cutscene skippable is nice.

4 minutes ago, Calas said:

Thats why i mentioned a multitude of other options, because then clearly they are having some troubles with mutliple easy solutions!

What you perceive as an easy solution from a players side may be a lot more difficult, or even impossible on the programming side of things.  Video games, as most large programs built over a long period of time, are a very delicate balance of fixing and adding content without breaking the content already there. It's like trying to play jenga with a haystack. I give them a lot of credit, they have done a wonderful job so far.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Critical:

So let me get this straight - you conscientiously locked a repeatable mission behind several minutes of unskippable dialogue (!?!) because of some made up bs excuse ???

Do you even care about your user experience at all (any UX whatsoever)? Or does it all revolve around cosmetic garbage?

Any gamer, any QA member, any playtester, would tell you outright, that (especially) in a game where you repeat the same thing over and over again - to make every damned cutscene skippable!

I've said it a few times already, and I'll repeat myself again - beef up your QA team, listen to them, your QA team should have 'teeth' and a say in what and how things come out! As things stand, most of the playerbase is convinced you don't have one, at all.

Make every cutscene skippable please! There are a ton of ways to prevent accidental skips too (f.ex.: hold a button for 2-3 seconds with a visual indicator).

Examples of MASSIVE time sink conversations:

• Quill Onkko - pick the "Onkko?" conversation option - I've accidentally clicked it quite a few times & it was not fun!
  • When "Plague Star" is live - pick the "Infestation?" conversation option - you can easily misclick it & get stuck in the conversation!

What's even worse is that you can't tell your team what's taking so long since the entire game is locked in that damned state!

p.s.: You still got several game locking bugs entering the conversation in the back room while also swapping to operator and/or using the ESC menu.

GIVE THAT MAN A COOKIE!

Seriously though. Whoever pushed the idea of unskippable cutscenes through most definitely isn't and never has been a gamer. And for similar reasons: who the hell suggested the Archgun cooldown mechanic? Whoever did that clearly has no clue how arch-guns compare damage-wise to regular guns.

1 час назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Removed the self-damage from the Staticor Charged Shot.

But it's still have a tiny AOE of normal shots and small damage of charged shots + bloody dark as hell VFX. And riven disposition still at 1/5.

You need to increase AOE of normal shots or dmg of charged shots.

Staticor was good weapon for arbitration mission for destroing arbitration shield drones, but now it's usless.

I don't know why but I can't add a SS (how awful it is now), so link under spoiler

so has the bug for the profit taker orb bounty 1 stage 1 been fixed?! the servofish always glitches out and then leaving the party suddly you get the missing piece?

ALSO CHANGE THE STATICOR BACK. NO ONE LIKES 2 METER AOE AT ALL. GIVE US OUR FAVORITE WEAPON BACK.

its by far the BEST weapon to use in arbis! it has A LOW riven dispo meaning you cant OVER POWER THEM ANYWAYS

36 minutes ago, LHC20 said:

2. Thanks for reducing the cooldown and increasing the ammo pool, though I don't see the point in having a cooldown.

I think they're going for another layer of gameplay treating Arch-guns as a limit break of sorts though they may have to pump their stats a bit.

The old Focus tree had a similar function but of course didn't work very well.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Arch-Gun Changes & Fixes:

• Arch-Gun Ammo pool increased by 2x for all Arch-Guns in Atmosphere mode. 
  • Arch-Gun Deployer cooldown has been reduced to 5 minutes instead of 10.
  • Fixed the Fluctus’ Atmosphere Arch-Gun FX appearing when in a Archwing mission, which was aggressively bright and overwhelming. 
  • Fixed Clients not hearing the Atmosphere Arch-Gun equip sound.
  • Fixed missing Fluctus Atmosphere Arch-Gun summon sound. 

Can it also be given the ability to change 'back' to a primary by pressing 'f', at least in my experience trying to swap weapons doesn't do anything and I need to 'turn off' the arch-gun mode.  Even with a hotkey assigned this feels incredibly clunky... and I'm sure it will feel even worse when we get melee 3.0 with all it's 'improved' swapping of weapons etc. 

Could you also speed up said animation of summoning the arch-gun, for something so 'critical' to the mission it sure does take it's time to get to us.

Archived