Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4-Man Difficulty For Solo?

1ivay1

alot of ppl been asking for a higher difficulty for awhile to some are asking for a endgame where its nothing but challenge and more of a learning curve where its not much about progression but skill. we been needing more enemies with mechanics, lvls starting above 100, and scaling that go just as hard or even harder than mot but idk why the training wheels are still on for so many years. its understandable if they dont want regular stuff too hard so newbies can actually progress but wen they made onslaught and arbitration that was meant for a higher skill cap well training wheels still on like space mom dont wanna see us grow up and go to college.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ShenRyujin said:

alot of ppl been asking for a higher difficulty for awhile to some are asking for a endgame where its nothing but challenge and more of a learning curve where its not much about progression but skill. we been needing more enemies with mechanics, lvls starting above 100, and scaling that go just as hard or even harder than mot but idk why the training wheels are still on for so many years. its understandable if they dont want regular stuff too hard so newbies can actually progress but wen they made onslaught and arbitration that was meant for a higher skill cap well training wheels still on like space mom dont wanna see us grow up and go to college.

Indeed. I don't see the logic behind no difficulty scale for solo, it's pretty much a given in most looters. 

This has been asked for since at least March when I started playing. If we want to or can handle more enemies I wish we could have the option. Imagine how fun a zone 8 run of ESO would be solo, or excavation that is a waste of time while waiting for powercells, even farming resources. 

I think I've mentioned it before but I was watching a group farm polymer for 50 minutes and got around 40k polymer. I farm the same time solo and I'm lucky to get 10k. Both with boosters and Smeeta. I would do longer survival runs if enemies and loot were on par with a 4 man group.

I don't see why not. Other games have done this in the past. City of Heroes (expect to see me reference that a lot) had a pretty good system where you could set the number of players you wanted to scale the mission to - anything from solo to up to 8 in that game.

Actually, I'll do you one better: Let me pick the team size I want to scale to (but no lower than the actual team size) AND the enemy level that I want to fight (at least at the start). Obviously that's not going to apply to Alerts and other things with a specific reward at the end and it probably shouldn't be able to drop below the planetary node's native level, but being able to fight enemies "my level" on Earth and Mars and Jupiter is sort of a dream of mine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-12-20 at 6:11 PM, Steel_Rook said:

I don't see why not. Other games have done this in the past. City of Heroes (expect to see me reference that a lot) had a pretty good system where you could set the number of players you wanted to scale the mission to - anything from solo to up to 8 in that game.

Actually, I'll do you one better: Let me pick the team size I want to scale to (but no lower than the actual team size) AND the enemy level that I want to fight (at least at the start). Obviously that's not going to apply to Alerts and other things with a specific reward at the end and it probably shouldn't be able to drop below the planetary node's native level, but being able to fight enemies "my level" on Earth and Mars and Jupiter is sort of a dream of mine.

That's a very good idea.

These seem so simple to implement and would offer much more challenging content for those who want it. 

Maybe just automatically increase the enemy spawn rate while using Warframe specters. Without increased spawn rate, it is somewhat boring to have specters kill what little number of enemies there are. Maybe to go farther, solo mode could maybe allow more then 1 Warframe specters, while invite/friends/public mode is still limited to 1 Warframe specter per player.

On 2018-12-20 at 1:01 PM, --Brandt-- said:

I think I've mentioned it before but I was watching a group farm polymer for 50 minutes and got around 40k polymer. I farm the same time solo and I'm lucky to get 10k. Both with boosters and Smeeta. I would do longer survival runs if enemies and loot were on par with a 4 man group.

WF is a MMO. Perks are there for grouping.

How about this: no rewards, just the challenge?

Would players even want to play?

Today the list of topics on the forum makes me wonder did they all come from particular sites about mat farming. Christmas and all those game cards (new money) comes to mind.