Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting the Discord bundle (Reverence Pack) without reinstalling

greyretz

Question

Disclaimers:

1. This does not bypass the Nitro Games requirement for free pack claim.
  2. Some people also reported that this method didn't work for them, so there is no guarantee that this will work for you. Just something to try out.

Update: Someone has made a video about this method. (WARFRAME discord bundle (Reverence Pack) by AZNSPOT). Hope this helps those who prefer a video reference.

Oh by the way you can get a month of Nitro Games for free if you're a Hypesquad member for a while and have been active on Discord.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You might want to read this first, a method that I used as a reference (hence not the entire method for the aforementioned title, only a part of it). I included this as credits to the original poster, and also this is a neat trick for those who prefer to run Warframe without Steam.

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4hx8ss/psa_you_can_run_warframe_steam_downloaded_version/ by u/supirman, quoted word by word other than the OP edit.

All guides that I found to run Warframe that previously downloaded via Steam suggest that you need to download installer and copy the files to new installation directory.

In fact, they are the same files so you don't need to download the installer at all, just add command line argument to the Launcher as the steam do[1]. And the Launcher will start as usual.

The step:

1. find the Launcher.exe, it located in steam_folder\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools\Launcher.exe
  2. Make shortcut from Launcher.exe
  3. Open shortcut properties, add " -cluster:public -registry:Steam" without quotation mark after original Target. Click Ok to save. (OP edit: if your Target box contains quotation marks on its own, put the command after those quotation marks.)

Now you you have sortcut to run Warframe directly without steam. You can move the shortcut as you like ie. Desktop.

[1] https://steamdb.info/app/230410/config/

Screenshot image for clarity:

Spoiler

unknown.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I will assume that you have read the above article or that you already knew the above method.

Now back to the main topic, if you want to make the game think you run it through Discord, just edit out the "
-registry:Steam" part in the shortcut Properties > Target box and replace it with "-registry:Discord".

Run the game using the new shortcut as Administrator, make sure Discord Overlay is enabled and you have added Warframe to your Discord library (Go to Discord Home > Store > Warframe > Add to library. No need to click Install.)

No reinstalling needed. I have tried it with a Steam installation and it worked. No idea how it fares with a standalone installation, but it might also work.

Hope it helps, and good luck.

Edited by greyretz
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, greyretz said:

You might want to read this first:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4hx8ss/psa_you_can_run_warframe_steam_downloaded_version/

I will assume that you have read the above article or that you already knew the above method.

Now, if you want to make the game think you run it through Discord, just edit out the "-registry:Steam" part in the shortcut Properties > Target box and replace it with "-registry:Discord". No reinstalling needed. I have tried it and it worked.

No idea how it fares with a standalone installation, but it might also work.

Some people also reported that this method didn't work for them, so there is no guarantee that this will work for you. Just something to try out.

Could you help me out? I don't think I full understand where to put the registry

Seems odd to me, but if none of the things above worked for you, make sure that:

- your path in the shortcut starts and ends with " (example: "C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Warframe\Tools\Launcher.exe") and then add -cluster:public -registry:Discord after it.

- if after that you get ingame without reinstalling but don't have anything in the ingame store: turn off/on discord overlay ingame (use quickbinds or something)

Worked for a couple of people who couldn't get it before.

Sadly no dice for me on the standalone client, but your mileage may vary. I followed the instructions but it ended up wanting to redownload the entire game. Oh well. Thanks for the thread and I'm glad it's helping some folks, anyway! 🦄

Edited by Eibhleann

I have standalone and its even easier over here
1. just add registry:Discord  to a shortcut of the launcher

2. I dont know if it will also prompt you about select installation location,if it does,FIND OUT WHERE 30 or so gigs of warframe are installed,for me it was in c/games/downloaded

3. if you did get prompted select install location,then select the folder before warframe is installed ( so for me it would be c/games)

Now waiting for discord nitro

1 hour ago, JustKaoru said:

Where is "registry:Discord" suppose to go? i don't get it, can you upload images of it please?

i agreed with you.

i have a S**ty internet speed so i dont want to re-download the whole game again, i have web version warframe (the one which is directly downloaded from the web page)

Edited by Strikerays

dont seem to get it to work can anyone link what the "target" is supposed to look like afterwards. i keep getting an error when i hit "OK" in the properties

The Name. " all ^ up there. " in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and file name are correct. is what the error says.

oh i read an other post. supposed to add a space after the quotation mark. im seeing if it worked now. 

Edited by Makunogo