Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greyretz

Getting the Discord bundle (Reverence Pack) without reinstalling

Question

Disclaimers:

1. This does not bypass the Nitro Games requirement for free pack claim.
  2. Some people also reported that this method didn't work for them, so there is no guarantee that this will work for you. Just something to try out.

Update: Someone has made a video about this method. (WARFRAME discord bundle (Reverence Pack) by AZNSPOT). Hope this helps those who prefer a video reference.

Oh by the way you can get a month of Nitro Games for free if you're a Hypesquad member for a while and have been active on Discord.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You might want to read this first, a method that I used as a reference (hence not the entire method for the aforementioned title, only a part of it). I included this as credits to the original poster, and also this is a neat trick for those who prefer to run Warframe without Steam.

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4hx8ss/psa_you_can_run_warframe_steam_downloaded_version/ by u/supirman, quoted word by word other than the OP edit.

All guides that I found to run Warframe that previously downloaded via Steam suggest that you need to download installer and copy the files to new installation directory.

In fact, they are the same files so you don't need to download the installer at all, just add command line argument to the Launcher as the steam do[1]. And the Launcher will start as usual.

The step:

1. find the Launcher.exe, it located in steam_folder\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools\Launcher.exe
  2. Make shortcut from Launcher.exe
  3. Open shortcut properties, add " -cluster:public -registry:Steam" without quotation mark after original Target. Click Ok to save. (OP edit: if your Target box contains quotation marks on its own, put the command after those quotation marks.)

Now you you have sortcut to run Warframe directly without steam. You can move the shortcut as you like ie. Desktop.

[1] https://steamdb.info/app/230410/config/

Screenshot image for clarity:

Spoiler

unknown.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I will assume that you have read the above article or that you already knew the above method.

Now back to the main topic, if you want to make the game think you run it through Discord, just edit out the "
-registry:Steam" part in the shortcut Properties > Target box and replace it with "-registry:Discord".

Run the game using the new shortcut as Administrator, make sure Discord Overlay is enabled and you have added Warframe to your Discord library (Go to Discord Home > Store > Warframe > Add to library. No need to click Install.)

No reinstalling needed. I have tried it with a Steam installation and it worked. No idea how it fares with a standalone installation, but it might also work.

Hope it helps, and good luck.

arent they the same?

If not then to be specific i downloaded from digital extremes site,not from steam or some other place,also dont bother since it stopped working after relogging for me (It dissapeared as a bundle from market completely,might retry it if i get nitro,also might work for you but you need discord nitro) worst case initiate download of warframe files using discord then copy paste its content from its main directory.

En 20/12/2018 a las 10:26, WRESinn dijo:

It didn't say that for me.  It said 24.99 and I went through it expecting the charge to fall off, but it never did.

Do you actually have the gifted 1 month for Hypesquad? It only works with that Nitro (as it's the 10 USD per month one)

Update: I included a video tutorial made by a kind player. Hope it helps those who prefer a video reference.

On 2018-12-24 at 7:35 AM, Meshey said:

I tried the above method and the only issue I have is that when I run the shortcut It asks me for the warframe directory location. Giving it the steam directory location doesnt work as it tries to reinstall the whole game. Any help?

Maybe your shortcut doesn't target the right location? Make sure you don't change anything in the Target textbox other than adding the custom command.

8 hours ago, AFiredragon said:

I have standalone and its even easier over here
1. just add registry:Discord  to a shortcut of the launcher

2. I dont know if it will also prompt you about select installation location,if it does,FIND OUT WHERE 30 or so gigs of warframe are installed,for me it was in c/games/downloaded

3. if you did get prompted select install location,then select the folder before warframe is installed ( so for me it would be c/games)

Now waiting for discord nitro

Do you know if this works for the version that is directly downloadable from the page or just for the standalone??

3 hours ago, Zhaeph said:

It says $0.00 how did it charged you? Maybe you didn't had the discord nitro for games.

It didn't say that for me.  It said 24.99 and I went through it expecting the charge to fall off, but it never did.

Wasn't working for me, I closed WF and Discord and then restarted Discord then used the launcher again (as admin). Worked that time. May have also just been a "wait a couple of minutes" thing. Man, what a pain. Just give us a key, I know you're trying to get us to use your service but yeah haha...

I'm probably going to keep using the desktop shortcut regardless because I'm tired of steam's connectivity affecting WF anyway

so i kinda need a lot of help i'm on warframe standalone and i tried to get the pack and do the whole method but i still have to reinstall the game which i dont want to do so umm SEND HELP PLEASE

so i kinda need a lot of help i'm on warframe standalone and i tried to get the pack and do the whole method but i still have to reinstall the game which i dont want to do so umm SEND HELP PLEASE

Seems a bit of a convuluted joke.

Discord is buggy as hell and freezing for me, cant play Warframe via Steam as it freezes with the Overlay. Looking for a way to improve the Discord game download speed as I decided to install Soma and Warframe via Nitro, but with a solid internet conection it's stating 72 odd hours for Soma, with a 300+MBPs internet connection thats a piss take.

For a couple of skins sigh...

maybe if someone would be kind enough to make a video since not everyone can figure it out by reading that wall of text. 😛 visual learners need a piece haha

okay so ive gotten it to work but it still wants to charge me 25$ what to do... should i go through with the purchase seeing as they said it wouldnt cost you anything?

so ive dont this the other way around, i deleted warframe on steam and downloaded it on discord, is there a way i can get it back to steam without deleting it again?

hey guys need some help, did exactly this to get the pack and with a bit of playing around it worked just fine. very next day warframe just vanishes from my steam library and PLEASE HELP I can't afford to reinstall 30 something gigabytes of warframe. any ideas?

It wasn't working for me UNTIL I exited steam (killed it in task manager). Then I restarted Discord and remade the shortcut. It launched, and I made sure that overlay was on before I logged in. It worked.

TL;DR, try turning off steam.

1 hour ago, JustKaoru said:

Where is "registry:Discord" suppose to go? i don't get it, can you upload images of it please?

i agreed with you.

i have a S**ty internet speed so i dont want to re-download the whole game again, i have web version warframe (the one which is directly downloaded from the web page)

Seems odd to me, but if none of the things above worked for you, make sure that:

- your path in the shortcut starts and ends with " (example: "C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Warframe\Tools\Launcher.exe") and then add -cluster:public -registry:Discord after it.

- if after that you get ingame without reinstalling but don't have anything in the ingame store: turn off/on discord overlay ingame (use quickbinds or something)

Worked for a couple of people who couldn't get it before.

2 hours ago, greyretz said:

You might want to read this first:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4hx8ss/psa_you_can_run_warframe_steam_downloaded_version/

I will assume that you have read the above article or that you already knew the above method.

Now, if you want to make the game think you run it through Discord, just edit out the "-registry:Steam" part in the shortcut Properties > Target box and replace it with "-registry:Discord". No reinstalling needed. I have tried it and it worked.

No idea how it fares with a standalone installation, but it might also work.

Some people also reported that this method didn't work for them, so there is no guarantee that this will work for you. Just something to try out.

Could you help me out? I don't think I full understand where to put the registry

I followed these instructions, but also had to at least click "Install" on Discord, then cancel the install for the items to show up, after doing everything else in this here list.

/highfive