Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discord "Reverence Pack" - Careful with your wording

Meneliki

Just thought I'd point something out and possibly avoid a giant headache for you later - may want to examine the wording in the new "Reverence Pack". It reads like each of the starter frames is getting 3 new skins - i.e. 9 new skins total, when in fact as we can see below, each frame is getting 1 skin. How about, "This pack contains a new skin for each of the 3 starter Warframes" instead of "three skins for each of the 3 starter Warframes" ?

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it. It may sound picky but these kind of things can blow up sometimes.

Warframe is coming to the Discord Store, along with the exclusive Reverence Pack! This pack contains three skins for each of the three starter Warframes as well as in-game gear to help you progress. Plus, Nitro users will be able to redeem this bundle for free! 

Starting today, you’ll now be able to purchase the Discord-exclusive Reverence Pack for Warframe. The Reverence Pack contains:

- 440 Platinum

- Exclusive Excalibur Amethyst Skin

- Exclusive Mag Amethyst Skin

- Exclusive Volt Amethyst Skin

- 7-day Resource Booster

- 7-day Affinity Booster

- 7-day Credit Booster

Edited by Meneliki
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, izzatuw said:

There's nothing wrong???

What's wrong is there's really no clarification on HOW to get the gear.

Do I need to install the game again on Discord or can I just bind the account via Discord. 

Great question. I'm stuck figuring out how to get the pack to be available.

4 minutes ago, Mavelock said:

Great question. I'm stuck figuring out how to get the pack to be available.

according to the directions, you have to download and run Warframe through the Discord launcher, get far enough to unlock the market, and then it should be there(provided you are subbed to Discord Nitro Games).

I agree that wording implies there would be 9 skins in the pack. It should clarify that it is not 3 skins for each warframe within the sentence using a comma or otherwise. i.e "three skins, one for each of the 3 starter warframes"

Lets take it out of context. A sentence that has no break in "three 'skins' for each of the 'x thing'" makes it correctly read as each 'x thing' will get three 'skins' as the ratio presented is 3:1. the 3 being 'skins' and the 1 being 'x thing'. The only way the sentence could be read otherwise is if it said the following "three 'skins' for each three 'waframes' in the starting pool" as the 3 is still 'skins' but the 'x thing' could be applied to the starting pool. As it only consists of 3, it would be a 3:3 ratio. 

The reason is that three 'warframes' could be freely swapped out for any number of 'warframes' and the sentence would still make sense. "three skins for each four warframes in the starting pool" would mean that if there was 12 'warframes' in the 'starting pool,' then 9 'skins' would be given.

As a final note, pretty much every word/all words with 'this' could be swapped out for any number of items/groups and all examples would still show the correct ratio's which proves the original should be read differently to what was intended.

Edited by More-L

9 hours ago, izzatuw said:

There's nothing wrong???

What's wrong is there's really no clarification on HOW to get the gear.

Do I need to install the game again on Discord or can I just bind the account via Discord. 

You just need to download Warframe via Discord, you should subscribe to the Nitro Game($9.9/Mo) and then just login to the game, hit the Market, get the pack for free 😄

Now you can cancel your subscription immediately.

Edited by Critatis
Added some letterz

Warframe is coming to the Discord Store, along with the exclusive Reverence Pack! This pack contains three skins - one for each of the three starter Warframes as well as in-game gear to help you progress. Plus, Nitro users will be able to redeem this bundle for free! 

Only needed to add a single word to fix it.

So there is a history of marketing not having an easy time with the language. I’m starting to think maybe they are from Quebec, hence not knowing English well enough to make sense. Kind of embarrassing for the company which is top notch in all other departments 

Discord is a nicely growing platform and soon it will be as popular as steam and it has already a decent userbase so I am wondering if you guys / lads will later add an epic exclusive skin pack for the sake of exclusives.

Not really sure if it is worth but using multiple platforms it can spread the love of the community also increase it.