Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyxs Absorb

Vanilla_nuka

Alright so since the QoL changes Ive been messing around with Nyx trying to create an absorb build that was actually viable. As you can suspect it doesnt work out very well.The build shown in the video below was the best build I could come up with that wouldnt cripple my build in other areas. I also tried builds with assimilate without any more success, if anything it was actually worse since her range is absolutely minuscule. Against level 80/100 enemies, specifically Corpus Techs and Grineer Heavy Gunners, it can occasionally deal a somewhat modest chunk of damage, but with the way enemies react to her in absorb, its not viable to be able to damage, let along kill more then 1 enemy at a time. In the video you do see one corpus tech end up dying, but since he flew off the map, Im not sure if it was because of absorb, or because the detonation made him fly. Ive absorbed over 100k and debuffed enemies with nyxs 2 and it still doesnt do enough damage to kill. When I attempted to try and self damage with my sancti castanas, I end up killing the enemies with the castanas before Im even able to detonate my absorb. My hope is that DE sees this and further changes absorb in a manner where its actually a true "Ultimate"

If you guys have any builds Ill try them out and see if It works out any better

Edited by Vanilla_nuka
Grammar

Absorb is weak, because damage absorbed should be MULTIPLIED by Power Strength (base multiplier 5x with 100% power strength). There are not enough benefits for having high power strength, still OverExtended ignoring power strength build for CC of Chaos is a lot better option.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Im not sure how they should change it tbh, although that seems like a good idea in theory not sure how that would actually work in practice. But yeah obviously a CC 1 and 3 build is more viable, but that wasnt the point of this video

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

5 minutes ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

Im not sure how they should change it tbh, although that seems like a good idea in theory not sure how that would actually work in practice. But yeah obviously a CC 1 and 3 build is more viable, but that wasnt the point of this video

Absorb mechanic: Damage absorbed 30k * Nyx power strength 130% = 39k damage

But that would be also TOO weak, with 200% power strength it wont be enough to kill anything even with 200k damage. So I edited my post with base multiplier being x5, especially that damage is reduced the further the enemy is away from absorb detonation (damage falloff)

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Well being how strength affects the amount of damage she passively gains, shes still does benefit from having higher strength values. The higher the strength the quicker she can absorb and hit higher amounts You can definitely tell a huge difference from having 100% and close to 200% If it was multiplicative with power strength like your suggesting it would make it more viable, but all in all it still needs to be significantly changed. Adding elemental damage into the equation literally did nothing to change how ineffective this ability is without the assimilate augment, because realistically, enemies rarely do elemental damage

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

It's especially sad when you remember that Mallet exists.
Like, a basic ability costing 25 Energy, on a Frame that can also grant permanent Squad invisibility
(lol who needs Chaos CC / an evasion Passive when you don't get attacked at all) among other things,
easily outperforms an "ultimate" in doing basically the same thing, turning the enemies' fire against them.

IMO, Absorb needs / wouldn't necessarily be OP with
- more range (15m at least, to meet the minimum for "nukes" on other Frames)
- less damage falloff (dunno the current numbers on this TBH, just seems too much)
- no additional Energy cost per X damage absorbed (e.g. Mallet / Maim don't have that)
- no range penalty on the Augment (it already costs you mobility and a Mod slot)

17 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

There are not enough benefits for having high power strength

I think that's fine though, in fact, I'd be all for making Nyx a Frame that can fully ignore Strength, because why not, she's almost there, anyway 😛

3 hours ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

Im not sure how they should change it tbh, although that seems like a good idea in theory not sure how that would actually work in practice.

it would work as a self centered anti matter drop without the cap as it has other disadvantages

8 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I think that's fine though, in fact, I'd be all for making Nyx a Frame that can fully ignore Strength, because why not, she's almost there, anyway 😛

That's bad because there will be only one GOOD build (and similar to it)[overextended] We need more frames where you can chose between dmg dealer,CC, balanced etc.
Just like loki can ignore power strength because there are 0 benefits from strength so his strength can be only 40% and you won't feel the pain of negative strength.

45 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

That's bad because there will be only one GOOD build (and similar to it)[overextended]
We need more frames where you can chose between dmg dealer,CC, balanced etc.

TBH, I'd rather Nyx have one good, "competitive" build rather than the meh situation she's in now.

It'd be totally possible to have her abilities work in a way that, without relying on Strength,
would turn her into the CC + damage + debuffing goddess she deserves to be.

46 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Just like loki can ignore power strength

That's kind of the precedent I was thinking of, did anyone (well, besides you, I guess)
ever actually complain that there's no use for Strength Mods on Loki?

11 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

TBH, I'd rather Nyx have one good, "competitive" build rather than the meh situation she's in now.

The point of this thread was to try and find more then one competitive build though, it gets kinda boring playing the same range duration build

But actually with how psychic bolts was changed over extended isnt viable anymore for her since strength directly affects the percentage of the debuff. From what Ive seen, you need atleast 130% for the full debuff, and the lost of power strength from overextended will make using her new debuff completely pointless

Edited by Vanilla_nuka