The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Level And Defense Mission Groups

jackalthehyde

Question

17 answers to this question

Nyx(for cc)/Mag(for cc again but not as efective as nyx),Vauban(mostly for infested)/Frost(mostly for shooting targets),Nova(for dmg)/Banshee(paared sonar with m prime should do some dmg if those powers are compatible)(but also good for pushing away mobs from the pod)

And if you learn how to play with triny you maybe become an invincible suport(get torid+link+blesing and become a death ray)

The frames I often see for T3 defense, and is often asked in the chats, are:

- Frost: enemies in the last waves of T3 defense can almost OHKO the cryopod)

- Vauban: keeps the units at bay with Bastille, especially Fusion MOAs [not counting their drones] and Ancients. Vortex can now be used as a last resort, especially since it doesn't lift the squad members anymore (though it still seem to slow you a bit if you're close).

- Nova: huge radius for MPrime, detonates for decent damage, but most importantly, makes all primed targets slow and weaker to damage; MPrime, compared to other damage Ult like Saryn's Miasma, has the advantage of not needing to go too close to the enemies to be effective, but requires detonation; Antimatter drop can dispatch the toughest enemies easily as well and help with detonating MPrime.

- Rhino: huge radius with Rhino Stomp, high armor-ignore damage, and puts them in temporary stasis if not killed. Can give great support with Roar (increases his Stomp's strength and Nova's MPrime's damage).

- Nyx: Chaos for one of the greatest CC in the game IMO. If using Mind Control properly, you don't even need to use Chaos; MC on a Fusion MOA's drone will likely distract most of the enemies, since they have trouble hitting flying targets (the drone hits hard too).

I would have listed Saryn because of her Venom ability, but ever since the nerf, I'm not sure anymore. She's still a decent damage frame.

Trinity's old EV could help a lot as well, but the change in EV makes it less viable for restoring energy out of Ults. Her Blessing is still great to keep yourself alive, but in Defense, your priority is the defense target first.

Those are the frames that I think can help you have a more comfortable experience in T3 defense. That doesn't mean other combinations aren't possible. In fact, in my very first T3 Defense, we had Nova, Rhino, Excalibur and Trinity. We still made it to the last wave before a sudden mission fail because of a small mistake. The players are ultimately the ones who will decide the team's fate, but having decent frames helps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trinity's a good frame, but right now, DE doesn't seem to know what they want with her exactly, so her powers seem a bit strangely placed as of lately. She's currently under the scope, so many changes will be in effect, hopefully for the better. She's still my favorite Warframe to use.

Edited by Casardis

My ideal setups: [For all of the below, Nyx instead of Vauban works well (actually a little better imo after the Vauban nerf), but is a little harder to organize.]

Infested:

Vauban, Trinity, Nova, +1 of Banshee/Rhino for increased weapons damage to Ancients (Rhino if using Ogris/Torid setups). Trinity is needed to counter occasional Toxic Damage and keep the abilities flowing (stacked Bastille's are necessary now and require a lot more energy).

Corpus:

Frost, Volt, Nova, +1 of Rhino/Saryn/Vauban for damage (Volt's elec shield is an awesome weapons buff against Corpus, Saryn's DoTs do 3x damage to Moa's due to body part multipliers, Rhino's IS makes him immune to the knockdown moas/staggerd from the railgun so he can revive/retrieve well, and roar is always helpful). Trin not needed here because you'll be in the globe and not taking damage, and globe/ES/roar/venom are all energy efficient. If you're knocked out of the globe odds are you're dead before Blessing activates.

Grineer:

Frost, Trinity, Nova, +1 of Rhino/Saryn for damage. Trinity is nice here due to high spawn rates of Napalms and Bombards, which will manage to hit you with splash damage even inside the globe. Melee here is incidental and doesn't require a Vauban.

T3:

Frost, Vauban, Nova, Trinity/Rhino/Banshee

You need the Vauban to NOT have Stretch equipped. It's optional on the Frost (personally I like having it, some people hate it as its easier for the Moa's to get in, I like to offset bubble). Trinity is optional based on how well you stay in the bubble and keep fusion moa's out. Personally I'd go without Trin, and I'd rather have Banshee over Rhino because the map is more conducive to accurate/mid-long range weaponry imo.

... The only commonality here is Nova. MP is just too good of a debuff to leave behind. And the explosion damage is just icing. And you need at least 1 effective CC to keep her alive >.>

Edited by Darzk

Volt? lol'd 

Volt's ES gives hitscan, unlimited range, armor ignore, and +50% elec damage - which does 2x damage to corpus and stuns crewmen - while providing cover. His ult has the range to reach beyond snow globe while remaining in cover, and can stun groups of enemies, making it good cover for a revival. Shock can stun small groups of enemies (often interrupts moa stomps for example), and does something like 2k damage per cast. And hes got decent base shield/hp stats, so hes not a squishy.

Why you lol'n?

Volt's ES gives hitscan, unlimited range, armor ignore, and +50% elec damage - which does 2x damage to corpus and stuns crewmen - while providing cover. His ult has the range to reach beyond snow globe while remaining in cover, and can stun groups of enemies, making it good cover for a revival. Shock can stun small groups of enemies (often interrupts moa stomps for example), and does something like 2k damage per cast. And hes got decent base shield/hp stats, so hes not a squishy.

Why you lol'n?

+1 to all except Shock, seeing as it still bugs him more often than not... which in turn makes him useless for the rest of the mission (no more skills or even melee swings).

T3:

Frost, Vauban, Nova, Trinity/Rhino/Banshee

You need the Vauban to NOT have Stretch equipped. It's optional on the Frost (personally I like having it, some people hate it as its easier for the Moa's to get in, I like to offset bubble). Trinity is optional based on how well you stay in the bubble and keep fusion moa's out. Personally I'd go without Trin, and I'd rather have Banshee over Rhino because the map is more conducive to accurate/mid-long range weaponry imo.

Why no Stretch on Vauban? O.o

o.o This is helping me decide to level up frost after I finish ash and volt. >_>! Thank-you all. <3 And again, 

What about like, Nyx/Banshee for CC? Are these not as great as they looked before?

I still think Nyx is my favorite Warframe because of her amazing CC, she is definitely worth having.

Her and Frost are probably the 2 best frames for Tower 3 Defense or any Tier 3 normal map defense. The more mobs you can Chaos and make fight each other, the less ammo you and your team has to use killing each mob individually. Mind Control also works wonders, just grab a Heavy Grineer w/ it (those with Gorgons or Rockets). Also a viable enemy to grab with Mind Control in Tower 3 Def are the Fusion Moa birds. Enemies seem to have a difficult time killing those flying moving targets, and the machine gun laser on it is deadly.

o.o This is helping me decide to level up frost after I finish ash and volt. >_>! Thank-you all. <3 And again, 

What about like, Nyx/Banshee for CC? Are these not as great as they looked before?

As jukebox said, Nyx's Chaos is excellent for high-level defense when you are barely doing damage to enemies. plus getting them to attack each other draws them off the pod and your team. banshee has some crowd control capabilities, but soundquake is not as powerful an ult as m prime or miasma, but has the added bonus of stun-locking any enemies caught in range. returning to the point about damage, banshee also has sonar, which allows you to hit enemies for a massive damage bonus if you shoot them in the right spot. this is very helpful for taking down high-level mobs, but rhino's roar and nova's molecular prime also buff your damage, without requiring you to aim for the glowy spots. but with the armor update, soundquake may be more viable in terms of damage (she's probably my favorite frame, so I'm hoping that's the case)

I still think Nyx is my favorite Warframe because of her amazing CC, she is definitely worth having.

Her and Frost are probably the 2 best frames for Tower 3 Defense or any Tier 3 normal map defense. The more mobs you can Chaos and make fight each other, the less ammo you and your team has to use killing each mob individually. Mind Control also works wonders, just grab a Heavy Grineer w/ it (those with Gorgons or Rockets). Also a viable enemy to grab with Mind Control in Tower 3 Def are the Fusion Moa birds. Enemies seem to have a difficult time killing those flying moving targets, and the machine gun laser on it is deadly.

I have a difficult time killing those flying drones too :P and they fire so damn fast. rule #1: always kill the fusion moas as soon as possible