Idea for the future: Landing Craft Escape missions.

(PSN)KeonWest74

I know for a fact that the developers didn't want to add a spaceship mode to this game for fear of being unoriginal and too relatable to other games.

But in my opinion, Warframe could easily have missions with the Landing Craft. We know that Warframes on ground or with the Archwing do all the offensive work, and that your Landing Craft is no more than a car basically. 

My idea would be to make a mode that has Landing Crafts trying to escape from enemies pursuing it. Or a flat out obstacle course through asteroids/space debris. They could make 3-5 mission types based off escape/obstacle course, even stealth play. They did such a great job with the Archwing maps gameplay and missions that I believe adding this to the game would complete the circle of full fledged space ninja warfare.

I know this would be a huge update and would take time but I honestly think it would perfectly complete the games logic and make it as fun as possible. Imagine the ability to play three different styles of gameplay, not to mention the K drive....

What are your guys thoughts? I would appreciate feedback and opinions from anyone.

1 minute ago, (PS4)KeonWest74 said:

I'm new to the game so maybe I'm a little to brash with some of my points or statements. Is this new content or old? I've never seen this kind of gameplay before.

It's not released yet - it's called Railjack and it's an upcoming gameplay mode where you pilot a new ship type called... well, a Railjack. Not much is known about it, but in terms of asking for a 'spaceship mode', that's it. It was revealed at last Tennocon at the same time as Fortuna (hence why the Fortuna logo shows up at the start of the video) to be coming out sometime next year - hopefully soon-ish but I'm not holding my breath too much.

It's just funny that you said with such confidence that DE wasn't considering a spaceship mode when this is pretty much the next major update planned after Fortuna. And, whilst not an escape, it is pretty much the whole 'three different main gameplay styles' thing you suggested. In fact, this was the original vision of Warframe waaay back in the day as the ideal, one that they thought they had no chance of ever making. So, yeah. Spaceships are coming.

Just now, Loza03 said:

It's not released yet - it's called Railjack and it's an upcoming gameplay mode where you pilot a new ship type called... well, a Railjack. Not much is known about it, but in terms of asking for a 'spaceship mode', that's it. It was revealed at last Tennocon at the same time as Fortuna (hence why the Fortuna logo shows up at the start of the video) to be coming out sometime next year - hopefully soon-ish but I'm not holding my breath too much.

It's just funny that you said with such confidence that DE wasn't considering a spaceship mode when this is pretty much the next major update planned after Fortuna. And, whilst not an escape, it is pretty much the whole 'three different main gameplay styles' thing you suggested. In fact, this was the original vision of Warframe waaay back in the day as the ideal, one that they thought they had no chance of ever making. So, yeah. Spaceships are coming.

I only half watched the video and felt embarrassed so I edited my comment LOL thanks for the help man I appreciate it. 

I'm actually glad that THIS is how they're doing spaceship battle. Completely unique in itself and a great multiplayer aspect. This is exactly what I think the game needs so now that Ive seen this I'm absolutely stoked. I'm not all for total spaceship warfare games anyway so this is the perfect way of doing it for me. Thanks again.

1 minute ago, (PS4)KeonWest74 said:

I only half watched the video and felt embarrassed so I edited my comment LOL thanks for the help man I appreciate it. 

I'm actually glad that THIS is how they're doing spaceship battle. Completely unique in itself and a great multiplayer aspect. This is exactly what I think the game needs so now that Ive seen this I'm absolutely stoked. I'm not all for total spaceship warfare games anyway so this is the perfect way of doing it for me. Thanks again.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hyped for it. Quite a bit in fact.