[DE]Rebecca

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.5

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

In case of Corrosive Projection, what and how would you buff?

Not buff CP, it's already working. Shield disruption however, absolutely sees no popular use but has this one application; eidolon/orb hunting. This is because they have very annoying shields. But instead of capping their effectiveness, they outright negate it, making them useless. And although CP isn't perfect, it's still the only aura with objectively noticeable improvements. What I'm saying is CP is fine as it is, but at least make other auras more competitive with CP, otherwise the other auras will still just be used to match polarities for mod-cap. atm, I only use CP. No other auras matter, and I'd like to change that.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Not buff CP, it's already working. Shield disruption however, absolutely sees no popular use but has this one application; eidolon/orb hunting. This is because they have very annoying shields. But instead of capping their effectiveness, they outright negate it, making them useless. And although CP isn't perfect, it's still the only aura with objectively noticeable improvements. What I'm saying is CP is fine as it is, but at least make other auras more competitive with CP, otherwise the other auras will still just be used to match polarities for mod-cap. atm, I only use CP. No other auras matter, and I'd like to change that.

The Profit-Taker Orb fight wasn't intended to be trivialized by shield or armor removal, that's why both auras don't have effect on the Orb anymore. But as for general gameplay, does everything really need a buff? One of the worst problems of the game is poor scaling mechanics. If scaling ever gets reworked properly, other auras will see much more use. And then CP could be toned down in order to not trivialize content too much.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

The Profit-Taker Orb fight wasn't intended to be trivialized by shield or armor removal, that's why both auras don't have effect on the Orb anymore. But as for general gameplay, does everything really need a buff? One of the worst problems of the game is poor scaling mechanics. If scaling ever gets reworked properly, other auras will see much more use. And then CP could be toned down in order to not trivialize content too much.

I think you missed the mark. We're not asking for trivializing the game. But the auras are either hit or miss. Like most weapons in the game, hit or miss. In this topic, Shield disruption could just be capped so that they're (arbitrarily) half as effective, making sure that there's at least the annoying shield. Outright making them useless is a missed opportunity to make it useful, since shield disruption is pretty useless anywhere else. And yes, the game has poor scaling. PISS poor. They made that Raknoid thing get overshields, and then made it untargetable by warframe abilties. However, DE fcked it up and made it untargetable by abilities regardless of the overshield. This raknoid does however, have a good scaling using shields. It has a similar exponential growth with level or something of the sort because it at level 100, it's harder to kill than a level 150 bombard.

All we're asking is moderation, not All-or-Nothing changes. And yes, the different factions are Night-and-Day in both difficulty and affinity rewards.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

In this topic, Shield disruption could just be capped so that they're (arbitrarily) half as effective, making sure that there's at least the annoying shield. Outright making them useless is a missed opportunity to make it useful, since shield disruption is pretty useless anywhere else.

Well, annoying or not, devs clearly wanted a set difficulty for the Orb fight. There's nothing wrong with the decision to block the routes around this difficulty IMO.

Shield disruption is useless anywhere because shields are useless in the first place. Not only armor scaling is broken. A proper scaling rework would also mean increasing shields' value to match armor's value. Both CP and SD would be useful then.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, theANIMALtm said:

Many people (me included) did constructive criticism, they didn't listen. So the SO is a glorified nuke frame-whip simulator.
Elite alerts is almost what the SO should be, but the rewards are ... meh.... 

The Spider battle is another Eidolon hunt, a huge bullet sponge with overshields, but with a lot of corpus f**king around, and the gattler shoots nerf darts. On release day we killed one, and we got 2 of the new resource as rewards.... yaaaay

So yeah.... constructive criticism are not that useful

I believe I have the opposite opinion of you in most of that and I feel like a contrarian....

I do Arbitrations for the rewards, the endo is very enjoyable for me as I don't enjoy the endo farm in Sedna Arena. I enjoyed Eidolon hunts. I agree that rewards for Orbmothers is OOF-bad, but that will get better with time and constructive criticism.

No argument, just stance-stating. ❤️

Edited by NoLife

On 2018-12-20 at 2:45 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Profit-Taker is no longer affected by the Shield Disruption Aura.

STOP BULLYING THE SHIELD DISRUPTION AURA, IT DID NOTHING WRONG!

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1