Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious question, DE. What's up with Corpus "Power Creep"? 🤔

BL4CKN0ISE

In lore the Corpus have been working tirelessly to reverse engine both Orokin & Warframe technology. Both to strengthen their weak forces & to sell on the market for exuberant sums of money.

So in theory it makes perfect sense how "Warframe-like" they are becoming.

Allad-V's research wasn't deleted when we defeated him. And the 4(6) life system players have is pure gameplay. In lore Warframes/Tenno only have 1 life.

Revives are a "gamble in lore. Lotus tried to bypass Mirage's defeat & capture by surging Mirage's Revive systems but it failed.

Honestly The Corpus impo have always been the stronger faction because they keep learning from their defeats & they keep innovating.

They use Shields, Armor, Robot proxies, cybernetic enhancements, RIGs, cybernetic limbs, exosuits, and their tech keeps getting better.

Corpus will eventually be able to go toe to toe with Warframes on a 1v1 level in time.

Corpus are currently studying & learning how to reverse engineer Sentients so...yeah. they are going to get worse to fight.

It's only a matter of time before they figure out their own method of Transference & have legitimate Terminator style Robots who fight like Warframes do. Minus the weakness Warframes have...aka..."flesh".

I love how strong they are getting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

I guess it's just something to think about. I'm not sure what the answer is since I'm not a developer, but I hope DE can create challenging content that doesn't just focus on enemy invulnerability periods, time-gating, staggers/knockdowns, etc.

But this is how challenge needs to be. The playerbase seems to really hate nerfs. So buffing enemies is best impo.

Players complain about lack of challenge & laugh at the AI.

But to be honest the best way for enemies to force players to challenge players is to force players to adapt, be ninja's, play Tactical, & not just stand in place spinning/shooting is for enemies to punish them. (I admit. This is where Arch-Guns need tweaking. Summoning them is a death sentence.)

You want to just spin around? Well prepare to be knocked down then pounded.

Hiding in 1 place/behind cover spamming shots/abilities? Get cancelled & pulled into the fight or have the fight pulled to you.

Nullifiers are annoying but only to those who rely on Abilities I've noticed. Those who aren't afraid to mix it up don't even notice nullifiers.

Knockdowns & staggers are annoying but Ninjas are supposed to be mobile. I've rarely been juggled in Orb Vallis...when I have been juggled it's been me getting caught off guard or me playing too stationary.

However, I do agree on 1 thing. The AoEs should be changed in 1 reguard. They need to NOT hit objectives.

Cause it sucks to be kicking Corpus (censored) all over the Vallis but their missed attack AoE destroy the objective & we can't possibly reflect or cancel the AoEs.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 3

I've only really noticed it on the heist / orb mother fight. I got really frustrated on that one with the constant add spawns, knock arounds, etc. That was when I thought... why am I fighting on the ground? I do most of the orb fight in an Archwing now. It's much better for me (I have a LOT of experience with space flight sims).

Other than that, yep the nullifier bubbles are annoying. Always take a quick firing weapon if you can. The other main annoyance is the orbital bombardments. The heavy moas (that love to hide) do that, as well as the bigger turrets in the main areas of Orb Vallis.

My best bet when dealing with a high alert is to stay mobile and use the operator dash to teleport around (so they can't converge on you standing your ground).

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

And the 4(6) life system players have is pure gameplay. In lore Warframes/Tenno only have 1 life.

Actually, revives are canon. Lotus mentions trying (and failing) to surge Mirage's revive system in the Hidden Messages quest, and she does the same to you at the start of Vor's Prize.

Beyond that, the Tenno themselves are immortal thanks to something called Oro.

• Like 1

meh, I kinda like it honestly. a few days ago I was in a T5 and got attacked for the first time by the bigger Raknoids.. that one with the disco laser sure is something, but the red one is just a tank, nothing some corrosive proc can't handle. "Disco Spider" on the other hand had some INSANE shield recharge and it's own take on Revenant's ult which at level 60+ actually made it a challenging yet entertaining fight. plus it could also cloak and reappear somewhere else. it'd probably be more fun even at lower levels as I could fight without losing too much ammo, but they don't seem to spawn for me at lower levels. 

don't mess with the Disco Spider unless you wanna dance!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Actually, revives are canon. Lotus mentions trying (and failing) to surge Mirage's revive system in the Hidden Messages quest, and she does the same to you at the start of Vor's Prize.

Beyond that, the Tenno themselves are immortal thanks to something called Oro.

I did mention Mirage in my post.
It's a 1 time thing in Canon however. As Lotus could only try it once.

Lotus does not revive the Player however:
The quote was:

"What has he done to you? I can't lose another Tenno. I am surging your Warframe's power systems." -Lotus

Which she did because our Frame was suffering from *grins* (Insert Bounty Hunter Leia image) "Hibernation Sickness"
(I assume it gets repaired between missions though.)
Although this of course raises the question of how Stalker "Kills Tenno". Does he simply make them un-revivable via how he "finishes them off"?
So far in Canon...it doesn't seem like the 4 or 6 revives exist however.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Although this of course raises the question of how Stalker "Kills Tenno". Does he simply make them un-revivable via how he "finishes them off"?
So far in Canon...it doesn't seem like the 4 or 6 revives exist however.

Considering he stabs your Warframe and leaves it be, thinking it is "dead" in TSD, it's likely a gameplay leftover from before the lore was established and he thinks that just cutting you down and you ragdolling means he's successfully killed another Tenno.

Stalker's appearance and behavior was long established before a lot of the lore was included and his in-game mechanic has been left as is since then. This is pretty evident when you have Shadow Stalker not being able to comprehend Transference and slashing at a target dummy.

Fortuna enemies are the most infuriating thing i encountered in Warframe to date. Seems like almost every enemy has some sort of CC and keeps spamming it, hell, even the trash melee enemies when they hit you they stun you, wtf. Also many enemies that fly. As melee and solo is 99% of what i play in this game, fighting those enemies results in 20% of me doing damage, and 80% of the time on my back/stunned/bounced up in the air. Amazing gameplay. Gonna farm what i want from Fortuna and dont touch it again.

DE doesn't really know what kind of game warframe is supposed to be. All the balance problems stem from there. If its skill based then boost the drop rates, boost enemy damage, reduce enemy spawn rates. If it's a horde shooter then buff weapons/warframes, limit enemy power creep, more enemy spawns, reduced drop chances since there will be more enemies.

• Like 3

Right now enemy damage scaling in warframe is for the most part a very huge issue, that really needs to be addressed.

And the enemy crowd controlling on fortuna currently is kind of ridiculous, first we have the Trenchers or known as Mr McStunlock Central which leaps at you an blasts you 99 miles into the sky and is also pretty tanky for a melee enemy.

Then we have the shockwave moas that tether onto you and take the leap and knock you on to the ground and do ridiculous damage at lower levels.
Then there's the embattor moas with their millions of bounce pads, with electricity procs.

And also we have the good old shield drones that got a revisit on the orb vallis which makes them allowed to spawn 2 nullifier bubbles each up to a maximum of 10 in a 4 player squad.
And then Mr I have a fancy bubble thing and do a lot of damage aka the Combas which just get even more irritating every single time.

Other things to touch upon: Opticor Turrets that can mag proc you. Seriously.
And coil-drives dealing massive damage with their lanka shot things.

On top of all these enemies is the fact that AoE has pretty low effect on how spread out they are.

Edited by CaptainJLP
  • Like 1

Speaking personally, I feel it does get a bit ridiculous at times.

I know bounties are meant to be squad games, but when your team mates have connection issues and you get host migrated out of a game...or as frequently happens with me, are last out the gate by anything up to a couple of minutes, (because ??????) you really just want to play on your own sometimes.

Problem with that starts as soon as you're tied to a particular spot, defending an objective. The enemies just pile up on you, faster than you can deal with them - before you know it you're getting bounced all over the place like a ragdoll and your health, armour, shields etc. start draining rapidly.

And you can't run away otherwise you lose the mission.

So, yeah, mixed feelings about OV so far.

il y a 23 minutes, FlusteredFerret a dit :

Speaking personally, I feel it does get a bit ridiculous at times.

I know bounties are meant to be squad games, but when your team mates have connection issues and you get host migrated out of a game...or as frequently happens with me, are last out the gate by anything up to a couple of minutes, (because ??????) you really just want to play on your own sometimes.

Problem with that starts as soon as you're tied to a particular spot, defending an objective. The enemies just pile up on you, faster than you can deal with them - before you know it you're getting bounced all over the place like a ragdoll and your health, armour, shields etc. start draining rapidly.

And you can't run away otherwise you lose the mission.

So, yeah, mixed feelings about OV so far.

T5 Interception is almost impossible solo with some frame, Titania for exemple, as you need to stay still to capture the point so you need to tank a lot or use a real CC frame. It's unbalanced as duck.

• Like 1

@RX-3DR

Was Second Dream release Pre-Mirage Quest?

As for the topic. I love how The Corpus are bringing the Fight.

I've been wanting DE to do a Enemy 2.0 honestly.

I've said it once but I'll say it again. We have an entire Market of Weapons, most of em are Grineer or Corpus made. Yet the Grineer & Corous only use 3% of those weapons.

I want to see Corpus using Lecta(Index only atm), Plasmor (OV), Opticor, Penta, Serro, Arca Sisso, Arca Triton, Plasma Sword, & etc.

Grineer using Kohm, Sydon, Grinlok, etc.

I also want them to have weapons designed to combat Warframes.

Grenades designed to nullify or mag proc players, grenades that inflict virus or Corrosive. Exo suits designed to melee Tenno. After level 20 the grineer butchers should be using Sydons, Atterax, Sheev, Jat Kusar, Jat Kutag, Etc. But they should be in exosuits or heavily Armored like the Kuva Guardians.

I want them to have ring mod loadouts on their weapons so no 1 unit is the same (on screen) so players have to pay attention.

My reasoning is that...

Post Sacrifice/PoE the Grineer & Corpus should be absolutely SICK TO DEATH of Tenno & should have dedicated tacticians and Research & Development departments for the sole purpose of making Tenno lives a living hell.

(I'd argue that after The War Within the Grineer should have gone to absolute war with the Tenno considering we killed a Queen.)

We've been killing them at genocidal levels for how long? We've cost them how many billions if not trillions in damage/debt? We've set them back how often?

They should be so angry that they are unable to see straight at this point.

Seeing the Corpus bring the fight to the Tenno has been a dream come true for me.

Seeing the Plasmor shot back me...was horrifying...I've never felt more alive while playing the game however.

The CC is annoying at times but as the wise Piccalo told a novice Gohan: "DODGE!!"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kingvaldemir said:

Okay first, please don't be offended. I'm purely just curious. 

If its not nerf our abilities (I assume you mean nullies?) and stop us doing things (CC) then what is challenge? Enemies that attack us using high damage and CC were complained by players. Okay, so now they are the one that defend them self using nulies and arbitration drone. Some called it artificial difficulty. 

Or perhaps simply high sustain enemies? Some would called it 'simple bullet sponges'. Or theres more? Maybe the infested moa that shoot yellow goo stuffs are a good example? They deal quite some damage and have CC into it but it doesnt interrupt our actions, just slowing us down. Another idea is telegraphed attack like those in MMORPGs. We have to dodge it, otherwise we can take tons of damage if we get hit. Just some ideas, but what qualifies as challenge in your opinion?

The thing is most people came to this game because the warframes had abilities, if all we wanted to do was run around with guns and melee we have plenty of arguably better game options, it's the abilities that our warframes have that make the game stand apart in many ways.  Some frames are built around the whole concept of working in synergy with the abilities, take banshee for example, she's incredibly squishy if you take away her abilities but if you build her correctly she's more than capable of holding her own using a sonar and silence build (yes not all of us rely on RQ :P).  As soon as you remove her synergy with her abilities you end up with a frame that dies quite a lot against higher tier enemies.  Now I'm not against nullifying pure damage abilities but I feel that nullifying synergistic abilities completely could be changed up a little. 

I think when you get a situation where you literally can not move due to the entire area being nullifiers bubbles (I've had this while farming toroids solo) and bounce grenades covering the floor (partially hidden due to all the other visual clutter/noise) or even better stuck to you (it can literally make you fly lol) it does get a little too much, especially for the squishier frames or frames that rely on abilities for their 'durability'.  Throw in some overzealous stagger from the wrong combination of units which can prevent you from even changing your ammo due to the animation restarting (I REALLY hope they do something about this with melee 3.0).

8 hours ago, wtflag said:

I'm sure the people laughing at prime-surefoot wish they have it now 😄

Honestly, I have prime sure footed and I still use handspring, along with power drift in a lot of cases... I'd need to check for certain (and in all honesty I don't feel like wasting the credits or endo) but I don't think it actually stops stagger, just being knocked over (think shield lancer 'ram')

Edited by LSG501

I like fortuna and the enemies.

Yes , it's challenging. 

But lets be honest. most of the warframe game is too easy. (Average mission failure rate is somewhere around 3%, that includes people leaving the missions after they unveiled a riven)

That pretty much already shows that most of the game is simply too easy.

14 hours ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

^THAT .. my inaros when reach 2k HP I hit and hold 2 to any nearest corpus to heal myself but in the middle of cast ability animation I found myself on the air and befor I hit the ground again I find myself in air and like 40 m away .. can't cast any ability that has long animation, can't reload, cat get my archgin .. its ceazy 

who would imagine that corpus open world will be tougher than Grinner they 

they always did more and better damage but the valis enemies make high-level index a joke.  during the orb fight my Oberon with 499 armor and 90 HP/s Phoenix renewal could not stay alive long enough to get close enough for my operator to get to my allies for ressing.  in the fight, you need one frame dedicated to add clear or it won't happen.  

3 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

they always did more and better damage but the valis enemies make high-level index a joke.  during the orb fight my Oberon with 499 armor and 90 HP/s Phoenix renewal could not stay alive long enough to get close enough for my operator to get to my allies for ressing.  in the fight, you need one frame dedicated to add clear or it won't happen.  

Well high level index is a joke, and all of Fortuna 1.0 content is still faceroll tier. 

Edited by Legion-Shields

14 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:
16 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Say thank you to those who cry out loud everytime DE's try to balance something nerfing it the good way. Somes want powerfantasycheesingmasskilling game and hate the feel to be challenged so DE's give them press 4 to win abilities and Arca Plasmor.

Tbh this could be easily fixed if the mob lvl curve wasn't having some kind of exctasy jump around 30th minute.

Or if we had brutal starchart with missions starting on level 200.

Meh.. Maybe one time.. Sometime.. in next blue moon..