Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious question, DE. What's up with Corpus "Power Creep"? 🤔

BL4CKN0ISE

2 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

they always did more and better damage but the valis enemies make high-level index a joke.  during the orb fight my Oberon with 499 armor and 90 HP/s Phoenix renewal could not stay alive long enough to get close enough for my operator to get to my allies for ressing.  in the fight, you need one frame dedicated to add clear or it won't happen.  

my oberon build for heal and range with quick thinking, hunterM and phoenix renewal .. in sorti 3 i can stand laughing to vs heavy gunners... didn't try that build for orb fight tho 

am thinking maybe ivara with range and duration build and stand a bit far away and spam sleep arrow to adds and then snip them one by one ... while she invisible of course so the spider wouldn't notice her and keep focus on the other 3 players but the problem is she may be forced to go there from time to time to rev someone 

15 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Consequence of player power increasing over the years. We could be enjoying challenging content without CC spam from enemies if we werent capable of one shotting level 100+ enemies.

Suggestions to fix player power is met with backlash, DE is only allowed to increase enemy difficulty which only creates more problems.

True, but I think I prefer it that way.

Forcing us to adapt to each faction was always the kind of idea DE was going for. Grineer already encompass the low damage, but high defense angle. So, Corpus should encompass the high damage, but low defense angle. The guys in the Orbs Vallis are a little hard to handle if you're not prepared. If you are, they're an actual challenge most of the time. It's just a few bad apples in their lineup that stack effect onto effect onto you that are causing the problems, I think.

My only thing I dislike isn't necessarily the damage, CC or tankiness of the enemies (stupid Kyta Raknoid), but moreso the enemy level of CC that can royally destroy you. Now, this can be fixed in a number of ways, but I think the honest to goodness best option is to give you a short cool down between each effect. So, say you get hit with maybe two Staggers, now you'll be immune to them for a second. This of course only gives you immunity to that specific effect, however.

That's all I think we really need and we'll be just fine. 

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

I personally hate the new corpus enemies due to pretty much only 1 thing...the goddamn cc...you would think that one of my favorite frames, Atlas, would laugh at all of these corpus trying to knock him down but oh wait! all the cc that these new corpus have arn't actually knockdowns! their just displacement like bounce pads and what not! Which means that atlas's passive is useless in the Orb! If there was a cooldown to those displacement abilities (and if there already is than they damn well need to be increased) its easy to just be stunlocked to death by shockwaves, moas tethering to you, godamn trenchers that just backpack everywhere, and what i can only describe as Insta-Teleport spawns

3 hours ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

So, say you get hit with maybe two Staggers, now you'll be immune to them for a second. This of course only gives you immunity to that specific effect, however.

You know that there are two recent mods that achieve this very thing.  I think they're named Rolling Guard and Adaptation or something similar to those names.  

That said, the new Corpus and Profit Taker can't be too hard because someone has already posted a video of how to successfully solo it.  They used Chroma.  

I have been soloing Fortuna myself and only had problems with one mission type in Bounties so far.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
slight grammar corrections

9 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

You know that there are two recent mods that achieve this very thing.  I think they're named Rolling Guard and Adaptation or something similar to those names.  

That said, the new Corpus and Profit Taker can't be too hard because someone has already posted a video of how to successfully solo it.  They used Chroma.  

I have been soloing Fortuna myself and only had problems with one mission type in Bounties so far.  

No, not quite. Rolling Guard only offers you damage immunity on a roll, and it's not like you're capable of doing that if you're being locked in place by Staggers. Rolling Guard also doesn't ignore CC for those seven seconds, just the damage, so it's really not helping you all that much if the Staggers persist for longer than that, and they very well can.

Adaptation just offers up to a 90% DR from a specific element. It doesn't reduce any incoming CC at all, so that suggestions a little lost on me. For tankier Warframes, sure, it's nice, but for the guys who are going to die in a few hits won't survive anyways as the hits are more than likely less than nine.

Pain Threshold is probably what you were thinking of, it reduces the time between Staggers, and does help quite a bit for tougher Warframes. For squishier Warframes, that isn't the case, as you'll still get Staggered long enough to die. This is why I'm suggesting the small resistance to Staggers. It lasts only a second, and only occurs after the second Stagger. That's still plenty of time to punish or kill the Warframe in question. However, now stunlocking players will be a little less common.

I'm also not referring to the Profit Taker fight, but the enemies use of Staggers in the Orbs Vallis as a whole. I have also been soloing Fortuna and have run into the Stagger issue quite a bit in the highest tier bounty if I happen to get to a decent alert level, but not really anywhere else. This is why I'd rather change how Staggers work than the enemies themselves, as the enemies are fine, just not the effects they can all stack on top of each other in the harder levels.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

14 часов назад, (XB1)Skiller115 сказал:

Main reason y'all are having problems is because you don't know about Mag club

That post is about a year late. 

Everything current mag can do others can do better. Or even better yet, just ignore fodder enemies thats all. 

10 часов назад, DatDarkOne сказал:

Youve no idea WTF youre talking about

1 hour ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

No, not quite. Rolling Guard only offers you damage immunity on a roll, and it's not like you're capable of doing that if you're being locked in place by Staggers. Rolling Guard also doesn't ignore CC for those seven seconds, just the damage, so it's really not helping you all that much if the Staggers persist for longer than that, and they very well can.

Adaptation just offers up to a 90% DR from a specific element. It doesn't reduce any incoming CC at all, so that suggestions a little lost on me. For tankier Warframes, sure, it's nice, but for the guys who are going to die in a few hits won't survive anyways as the hits are more than likely less than nine.

Pain Threshold is probably what you were thinking of, it reduces the time between Staggers, and does help quite a bit for tougher Warframes. For squishier Warframes, that isn't the case, as you'll still get Staggered long enough to die. This is why I'm suggesting the small resistance to Staggers. It lasts only a second, and only occurs after the second Stagger. That's still plenty of time to punish or kill the Warframe in question. However, now stunlocking players will be a little less common.

I'm also not referring to the Profit Taker fight, but the enemies use of Staggers in the Orbs Vallis as a whole. I have also been soloing Fortuna and have run into the Stagger issue quite a bit in the highest tier bounty if I happen to get to a decent alert level, but not really anywhere else. This is why I'd rather change how Staggers work than the enemies themselves, as the enemies are fine, just not the effects they can all stack on top of each other in the harder levels.

Adjusting staggers?

Similar to what you said, just do what Smash Ultimate did to throws; put a "grace period" in at the end.

In Smash Ultimate, an opponent cannot be grabbed for about one second after they have previously been grabbed, effectively preventing chain-grabbing.

Just do the same with staggers here; give the player a period of about one second, after the initial stagger's animation ends, where the player cannot be staggered again, even if they can still take damage from attacks that COULD cause staggering to happen.

That way, if the player just stands there and gets chain-staggered to death, it really will be their own fault.

Right now, from what I understand, it's possible for players to get hit by stagger attacks from enemies that come from a direction they aren't facing, and thus get chain-staggered to death with no opening to avoid it or learn.

A one-second grace period would fix that.

Edited by (NSW)Smashbrolink

1 minute ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Why are you talking about a party game in an action game forum ?

Because the stagger-to-grab-grace example I provided is relevant.

Also, it's a fighting game, but that's totally besides the point, so I digress...

I agree with Smog's idea on giving players a bit of resistance time after staggers, to prevent chain-stagger-to-death scenarios out of nowhere.

il y a 5 minutes, (NSW)Smashbrolink a dit :

Something revelant in a party game like SSB may not suit into the kind of gameplay DE's wanting for WF.

Allowing you to be combo'd is a good way to force you to use your parkour and push the teamplay. If you get caught you will be in deep trouble is totally revelant in a game.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Something revelant in a fighting game like SSB may not suit into the kind of gameplay DE's wanting for WF.

Allowing you to be combo'd is a good way to force you to use your parkour and push the teamplay. If you get caught you will be in deep trouble is totally revelant in a game.

Aside from the cases where you get tackled from behind and get stunlocked to death, regardless of teammates in the area [who will probably incidentally be busy surviving their own onslaught, completing objectives, or similarly dying from stunlock bs from behind], I don't entirely disagree with you.

Team play is definitely important here. As is good mobility skill.

But, again, my example is relevant despite the differences in game genre; like Smog said and as I agreed with, a single second between stuns would be a perfect case where only bad play results in stunlocked death, rather than sneak-attack shenanigans from the player's blind spot nearly guaranteeing a bad end.

I mean, think about it; wouldn't you be pissed if, after a long hard battle and three deaths, your victory is in sight, only to be stunned from behind by an enemy you could not have seen coming, then locked there unfairly until you failed the mission, by either death or by enemies locking you down until your objective fails?

Teams can't always cover an individuals circumstances. This one small change would also, if nothing else, keep a lot of people off the boards that would otherwise be here specifically to complain about that sort of thing.XD

Edited by (NSW)Smashbrolink

Its actually impossible to reload my kitgun(In orb vallis fighting enemies, obviously) unless i do a bullet jump straight into the air and reload while aimgliding down. For some reason all the stuns/knockdowns in orb vallis dont really work as long as you're aimgliding... So its become sort of a bunny hop gameplay style which, in my opinion, isnt very fun. But its a good way to bypass the CC. It doesnt help that mods that allow you to resist stun and stagger effects still make you play a stagger animation which disrupts your reload, kinda silly design if you ask me. I think my most hated enemies are either the moa's that literally spam their knockdown effect, or the dual zoren wielding guys that have a charge and every single hit staggers you.

Edited by Skaleek

6 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Youve no idea WTF youre talking about

Please enlighten me then. 

I just haven't had any of those issues that the others have mentioned.  I have come across some other issues, but those are more a case of me soloing and the frame I'm using.  

I tend to destroy the beacons before I can get flooded by more enemies than I can handle.