Jump to content
Tinklzs

SawGaws...

Recommended Posts

When you end up hitting them but they still don't fall to the ground.

https://imgur.com/a/0UZjLcB

 

Or when you hit them but they glitch through the mushroom and then randomly teleport back to run away with a middle finger at you. Then happen to defy gravity again.

giphy.gif

 

Or when they happen to land faaaaaar out of render range so you can't even find them.

 

It's almost like.. no one playtested this (or it was the blind janitor).

Really disappointing, hard to get hyped for anything when you get smacked with bugs etc like this that shouldn't be around to begin with (similar to Profit-Taker not having any valuable loot until the most recent update, like.. really? Who thought that anyone wanted to kill a boss without getting actual loot?!) But I digress, please fix birdies, thanks.

Edited by Tinklzs
  • Upvote 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clipping through the mushroom is a problem I have so often I'm just avoiding sawgaws until something is done. Super frustrating.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it relates with conservation - Ivara getting a direct hit with her sleep arrow still gives a good capture instead of perfect. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

Since it relates with conservation - Ivara getting a direct hit with her sleep arrow still gives a good capture instead of perfect. 

They said in last fix that using warframe abilities instead of tranq will result in getting just good capture, never perfect in order to encourage people to use tranq rifle more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 4 heures, Unicornu a dit :

They said in last fix that using warframe abilities instead of tranq will result in getting just good capture, never perfect in order to encourage people to use tranq rifle more.

 

  •  Ivara’s Sleep Arrow now grants a ‘Perfect Capture’ if the shot is a direct hit. The farther off your shot the more distressed the animal gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ---EG---Kramer said:

 

  •  Ivara’s Sleep Arrow now grants a ‘Perfect Capture’ if the shot is a direct hit. The farther off your shot the more distressed the animal gets.

Direct hit means headshot. Get perfect captures frequently so long as the sleep arrow hits the eyeball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all of the new conservation animals are not only stupidly designed but even more stupidly executed, it's worse than the bloody day 1 bugs just ridiculous

use Ivara or Loki for conservation and cheese it all the way... fun fun fun under the 4 minute Sun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please just let these birds land on the ground. Having them land on the mushrooms is just too annoying due to the height differential between mushrooms and the fact that if you get in your arcwing to try to get where you can see them you just scare them off. If you do manage to sleep / tranq them on the mushroom then a lot of the time they fall through it and can't be found til they wake up and fly away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vasala said:

Please just let these birds land on the ground. Having them land on the mushrooms is just too annoying due to the height differential between mushrooms and the fact that if you get in your arcwing to try to get where you can see them you just scare them off. If you do manage to sleep / tranq them on the mushroom then a lot of the time they fall through it and can't be found til they wake up and fly away.

yes, especially since the bugger walk for miles when you followed their track an the damn ground...

the glitching through the mushrooms is the biggest annoyance to this hunt, followed by them never land on the ground - anything else but ivara is pretty much useless for the birdy (if you don't want to get them spooked while you bullet jump up to them). oh, and ever tried the void dash up to the mushrooms? better watch what kind of focus "add-ons" you use then, or you will end up with fried chicken and a piѕѕed biz shouting at you ^^)

all in all, for the sawgaw it's best to use the tranq only and not any frame abilities - this way i never had those mush-glitches (though still occasional "sleeping in mid-airs" and teleportations). the tranq also seems to let the bird sleep longer than ivaras sleep-arrow, so there is a bit more time to climb up where he hopefull sleeps...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patience is key for now. I use Loki with duration build because he will get faster and easier on mushrooms and if you wait a moment the bird will fly to another lower mushroom. 

One suggestion is to maybe disable to huge tallest mushrooms as their landing point and just leave the more accessable ones through bullet jump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When hunting sawgaws...
DONT use ivara... Her skills seem to bug them out. Take something like octavia, Nova, zephyr who is allot more mobile for hunting them. If the birds clip or get stuck in the air try using an archwing to fly up to its body after you've tranquilised it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sawgaws are CONSTANTLY glitching through the mushrooms when I sleep them using Ivara. Impossible to get to them afterwards. I'm extremely frustrated right now because I'm running a drop multiplying booster and can't bloody conserve half the stuff 😧 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also noticed that they are not showing up as scanned in the codex.  I just scanned 10 of them and went back to Ship to check if my codex had updated and I am still missing 13 items from the codex as I was before I started that hunt and dont have any sawgaws .. annouying for us Codex completionists ..I want my codex completed again..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with the glitches and bugs along with low spawn rate wonky pheromone performance it gets really tedious

my last floof of the set is the tier 2 sawgaw just refuses to spawn, pheromone spawns tier 3 otherwise it spawns tier 1 😐

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping to say this is still an issue, Sawgaws are constantly clipping inside the mushrooms and only if I'm very lucky and a bit of a wing is hanging out can I capture one in my archwing. How was this even declared fit for deployment?

 

Edit: also, the mid tier sawgaw doesn't seem to spawn, pheromone or not.

Edited by Zendadaist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please fix the Sawgaw bugs. This is extremely frustrating and DE you have a history of leaving bugs behind as you move onto something new.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one way to bypass this bug is by flying next to them in archwing and pressing x to pick them up in mid air.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-20 at 9:56 PM, Tinklzs said:

When you end up hitting them but they still don't fall to the ground.

https://imgur.com/a/0UZjLcB

 

Or when you hit them but they glitch through the mushroom and then randomly teleport back to run away with a middle finger at you. Then happen to defy gravity again.

giphy.gif

 

Or when they happen to land faaaaaar out of render range so you can't even find them.

 

It's almost like.. no one playtested this (or it was the blind janitor).

Really disappointing, hard to get hyped for anything when you get smacked with bugs etc like this that shouldn't be around to begin with (similar to Profit-Taker not having any valuable loot until the most recent update, like.. really? Who thought that anyone wanted to kill a boss without getting actual loot?!) But I digress, please fix birdies, thanks.

Green flowering  areas  should contain natuconservative things, maybe a giant predator and mammals magical beings to protect them ,and seeds should collect with moisture drips and correct mechanics above frozen caps odor and ice objects with player and AI detrimental or benefits , items, and specimen, or creatures.

Am thinkin smoke or pollen when stepped on could coat bird and give them privacy, volcanic ash, and soot from caves too. warframes and predators soldierd gain enhancing near resources unscathed if posible manafont or generally regen coils.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also it would  be good to protect them birds from predators  with armor , organic matter, or distracting loot. They drop small fish and items, and  if hurt berserk, or charge up a special call , special attack , plumage so not to always die with acceleration fault .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)santospizarro said:

Also it would  be good to protect them birds from predators  with armor , organic matter, or distracting loot. They drop small fish and items, and  if hurt berserk, or charge up a special call , special attack , plumage so not to always die with acceleration fault .

I have no idea what you said in either of your posts - I assume you want to add them and make them spawn like creatures do in POE and capture them that way?

I'm fine with tracking them (but it should be feathers on the ground, honestly), and just make them land on the ground - that's all that needs to change, and maybe the spawnrates of certain birds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tinklzs said:

I have no idea what you said in either of your posts - I assume you want to add them and make them spawn like creatures do in POE and capture them that way?

I'm fine with tracking them (but it should be feathers on the ground, honestly), and just make them land on the ground - that's all that needs to change, and maybe the spawnrates of certain birds. 

just saying if i was to be hunted i would wear and use anything in the environment to ward off evil, pieces of plating from dead robots, which would lead to new types of birds and more rewarding gameplay that has both challenge and loot types, they dont really fight back, or come to plows with the warframes, essentially they are destructible and not immortal, so it would be more fun if the bird were to have some magical properties and actual reasonable X-men powers like articuno and pokemon creatures, kavats and kubro simularities, theres no mamabird, or competitive aspect so this mode seems abit dauntless and could use rework, I come from playing monster hunter and other rpg games, so i know trash mobs, the environments in warframe are rich enough to allow for some additional mechanics and reward structures for hunting and capturing to become more exciting. If you at least take into account that you could eventually have one of these birds or fish as a pet, oh yeah am dead serious.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...