Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Know That Vauban Is Great And All, But...

Icebreccer

Why is it that his ultimate Vortex is such a disappointment? First of all I love Vauban. It's my favorite Warframe and I bought him on the 1st day he was introduced. And now after the latest update I finally got the chance to put that lovely Vortex back on my Vauban since it didn't mess up with my own gravity (or my friend's for that matter). And what do I get? And awesome looking swirling Vortex with puny damage, tiny AoE and an abysmal duration.

Seriously what use is there for the Vortex in the current frameworld we live in? If I want to freeze my enemies I will just use my Bastille since that one has good AoE and great duration. I know that sucking enemies to one small point is nice and all, but the horrible range and duration of the Vortex just kills the whole point. Vortex is way too costly for what it's worth. Bastille does its job way better and for far less cost. Not to mention all the other frames that actually have those huge AoE + massive damage ultimates (like our buddy Rhino nowadays).

I have few suggestions that might help bring the Vortex to its ULTIMATE glory that it is meant to have.

1.) Increase its duration. Make it last for 3-5 times longer than it currently lasts. Keep the damage as it is and give it a small AoE effect buff as well.

2.) Increase its range. Make it suck enemies from a lot further distance and make the effect of the Vortex bigger as well.

3.) Increase its damage. This goes without saying. Just increase the damage for it to be an actual ultimate move. Perhaps a slight duration or range buff along with damage wouldn't hurt either.

I know Vauban is a beast already, but keeping Vortex as it is now is just waste of time and most importantly a waste of an awesome looking skill. I want to use the skill I really do, but in it's current state it's just a pain in the arse. So, please DE I'm begging you to buff this lovely Vortex to a state that it can actually be useful. If you need to nerf some other skills in order to buff the Vortex then fine... Just please~

Warframe%202013-09-11%2000-04-12-68.png

Vauban, and Ember shall suffer the fate of weak press 4s...

Except that Ember's ultimate actually kills like tons of people. I could record some clips, but I'm too lazy. For example the last Survive or DIE event was a cake walk with Ember even against corpus. Just the spam of World in Fire got you easily way past 30 minutes.

1. It doesn't need to last as long as Bastille. It does what it's supposed to in the duration it has.

2. It's range is already pretty big. It doesn't need to be as big as Bastille. Try placing in stategic spots for highest effectivity.

3. New damage system in Update 10 coming so wait and see how it goes.

4s don't always have to be "win everything" abilities. If they work with the kit and aren't a waste of energy be happy. Some are not so fortunate.

Edited by A1CZERO

1. It doesn't need to last as long as Bastille. It does what it's supposed to in the duration it has.

2. It's range is already pretty big. It doesn't need to be as big as Bastille. Try placing in stategic spots for highest effectivity.

Yeah if you are in a defense. What about every other mission type there is? And even in defenses the Tesla spam + Bastille is way too good.

Besides Bastille is cheaper and safer.

Not sure if trolling or doesn't own an Ogris...

Wow, great. So it's actually useful with what two weapons in the game? Torid and Ogris. No thanks... I dislike those weapons and they are boring. Edited by Judqment8

Except that Ember's ultimate actually kills like tons of people. I could record some clips, but I'm too lazy. For example the last Survive or DIE event was a cake walk with Ember even against corpus. Just the spam of World in Fire got you easily way past 30 minutes.

except I am talking about using it in high level areas like Tier 3 exterminate... which can get you murdered...

The way you should look at Vauban's powers are fun ways to set up the enemies to kill with your weaponry.

In its current form, vortex is a lot of fun to use with puncture modded weapons.

I use Tesla pods to prime a room, then go at it with my melee, for example.

Bounce is fun to send heavies flying, even.

Bastille is just perfect.

Yeah if you are in a defense. What about every other mission type there is? And even in defenses the Tesla spam + Bastille is way too good.

Besides Bastille is cheaper and safer.

Wow, great. So it's actually useful with what two weapons in the game? Torid and Ogris. No thanks... I dislike those weapons and they are boring.

Not sure what you're implying.

4s don't have to or even shouldn't be better than your other skills for every situation. If you don't want to use it with Ogris or in certain situations then that's a matter of preference and not effectivity.

Edited by A1CZERO

Not sure if trolling or doesn't own an Ogris...

I'm pretty sure you're just baiting an argument, but it's the same with Supra/Dera and Volt's electric shield.

Ability/Weapon synergy is a good thing.

All the weapons mentioned are Clan Tech, just pointing that out. I am sure there are other viable weapons for Vortex but not everyone will have the ones you have mentioned.

Also, is it a good sign of an ultimate if you have to use a high end weapon for it to be effective? Bastille allows you to get headshots and lasts longer than Vortex. I still find very little use for Vortex over Bastille unless there are a genuine ton of infested around a downed team-mate or crypod, even in those situations against corpus and grineer Bastille is the wiser choice due to the range.

I'm not saying that it should be buffed to the point where it was one shotting stuff like on release and I am happy to wait for the armour rework before even considering buffs. But it is worth keeping Vortex in mind for future tweaks.

The thought is around CC, to ball up enemies and not even have to aim.

It's what bastille was.

Previously Bastille was superior in every single way to Vortex, now Vortex has a slight advantage with the Bastille Cap. But, Bastille is still better for headshots and I still rarely find a use for Vortex.

I just think that an ultimate should be superior to a frames other powers. I'm not asking for a damage buff or bastille nerf, but perhaps a slight range increase on Vortex? Or perhaps Vortex moves around sporadically? Just so it is useful against a faction other than infested.

Weird...Cause I know my Vauban could clear a room with Vortex...But hey not everyone can use five of them before needing some energy! Or was it eight...Can remember since the streamline update ;3

But everyone on a certain warframe or two can do it by pressing 4 once.