Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parasites

tprx

Today, the new relics came out. Today, 90% of the public groups I joined for fissures, somebody left because nobody had the new relics equipped. But when at least 1 of these relics where present, well, nobody left. So, I guess that our nice community is no more. Parasites just get in groups until they get a player with a nice radiant new relic equipped. They don't care to farm them themself, and even less to take the time needed to gather the void traces to improved them.

My suggestion, if someone willfully leaves a public group at the start of a mission, automatic time-out on public grouping for 5 minutes.

• Like 2

There are a few legitimate reasons to leave a group:
-Horrible ping
-Someone in the group you want to avoid for some reason (I know a few leeches/trolls that if I see them in a pub i just bail immediately)
-Random DC after I finally load in

Unless the people are typing in chat and telling you the reason they left its hard to determine why they left.
Further if you're just pubbing a fissure with no care as to what parts you get or anything else I can't really see how this affects you in any major way.  Sure you get one less choice at rewards...but seeing as how its a random pug 4 random choices isn't really any different than 3 random choices.

I understand your point because I also experience it when I join public fissures, but I think the problem is that some people can leave the match at the start of the mission for honest reasons, like excessive lag that makes it unplayable or when you realize that you have brought the wrong equipment/build.

So I'm okay with finding a way to reduce the leeching, but I think that the current idea, punishing every player that leaves at the beginning of a mission or fissure, is wrong.

2 hours ago, Heidelgard said:

So I'm okay with finding a way to reduce the leeching

If only there was a way to control who you are matched with when making a new session....

like if they had some sort of control over who could join your mission when you start it...

latest?cb=20141104182757

You all are literally complaining about PuG matches and getting matched with randos.

Just set your match making to friends only and add people you like to your friends list. or join a clan or alliance that vets leeches.

I think the easiest solution to this could just be to hide relic types and rarity in public matchmaking, and public matchmaking only. Groups doing relic shares in Invite Only should experience no change, whereas players who dip into public matches to fish for popular relics would only be able to see which reward they'd get at the end. This would be effective for the same reason why Spy rewards, Razorback drops or Eidolon Arcanes are all hidden until mission completion: because players would have no chance of knowing whether they got what they wanted until the end, they wouldn't be able to pre-emptively leave the moment they get the wrong reward, which would lower the number of people disconnecting on groups with no new relics.

Edited by Teridax68

I agree with @Teridax68 on their proposed solution, but I also have to question the premise of the OP.

I have never observed similar behavior in ANY of the public fissures I've run (people disconnect, sure, but not with any discernible pattern to it, and I've even seen DCs from groups with multiple radiant relics). This leads me to suspect that this is simply a combination of paranoia and confirmation bias.

• Like 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Tsukinoki:

There are a few legitimate reasons to leave a group:
-Horrible ping
-Someone in the group you want to avoid for some reason (I know a few leeches/trolls that if I see them in a pub i just bail immediately)
-Random DC after I finally load in

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Heidelgard:

I understand your point because I also experience it when I join public fissures, but I think the problem is that some people can leave the match at the start of the mission for honest reasons, like excessive lag that makes it unplayable or when you realize that you have brought the wrong equipment/build.

While you are both right that there are legit reasons for this, i experienced what OP is describing for the last 3 Prime releases.

And its obvious that the reason is that they just want to have someone with the relic because it happens alot

- before the timer even starts the mission (and you might see what the ping will be)

- right at the beginning of the mission, people arent moving (aka looking at the equipped relics) and then leave

- it happens from time to time when there is no prime release, sure - but there is definetly a peak when a prime is released

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Dabnician:

If only there was a way to control who you are matched with when making a new session....

like if they had some sort of control over who could join your mission when you start it... 

Thats completly missing the point... Warframe is build around Public matchmaking.

What you say is - just play alone (no friends might be online)

Btw: Whenever someone complains about something not working in solo-play, people come around to say "Warframe is not a Solo game" 😛

Anyway, i dont think there is anything that can be done about this.

I wanted to open some relics yesterday and probably every 2nd run was a host migration or 1-3 people leaving the group so people reconnect that also disconnect again.

And it never happens for me when there is no prime release that 1-3 people just leave the group again at the beginning of the match.

It was even worse when Loki/Ember/Frost relics have been in Bounties on the plains, you couldnt play Public anymore because people where leaving after the first stage so often because it was more efficient or so.

17 hours ago, Dabnician said:

You cannot control who will join in, but still, with a good idea you can prevent or at least reduce the possible ways to leech.

16 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

I think the easiest solution to this could just be to hide relic types and rarity in public matchmaking, and public matchmaking only. Groups doing relic shares in Invite Only should experience no change, whereas players who dip into public matches to fish for popular relics would only be able to see which reward they'd get at the end. This would be effective for the same reason why Spy rewards, Razorback drops or Eidolon Arcanes are all hidden until mission completion: because players would have no chance of knowing whether they got what they wanted until the end, they wouldn't be able to pre-emptively leave the moment they get the wrong reward, which would lower the number of people disconnecting on groups with no new relics.

Like this, I think this is a good idea, simple and effective!

On 2018-12-20 at 5:26 AM, tprx said:

My suggestion, if someone willfully leaves a public group at the start of a mission, automatic time-out on public grouping for 5 minutes.

Totally wish they would update the match making system, unfortunately ping based seems to work just well enough.

23 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Thats completely missing the point... Warframe is build around Public matchmaking.

What you say is - just play alone (no friends might be online)

the issue is there is no ranking, rating or penalty system for the public match making. im just suggesting what to do to work around the issue.

What they should just do is take a tip from Overwatch and reduce rewards for all your matches when you quit 50% of your last 20 matches until you bring that up above 50%.

Thats just 1 hour of mining on pluto for anyone that acts bad. (20 runs at 3minutes if youre quick)

Edited by Dabnician

You could use the recruiting channel to find people who want to run the same relics as you.

If I'm doing random PUG relic runs I'm not paying attention to any of the relics of the other players because I'm just looking for things to trade for ducats, or forma. I also do not do any endless mission type when doing PUG relic runs, because too often you get idiots who do not know how to do an excavation fissure properly or you get Bite size players leaving Defense missions after the first round wasting a slot that could've been taken by a player who wanted to stay longer. Or on Survival fissures, they run to extraction after 5 minutes and sit there waiting for you and the rest of the players to extract.

I also avoid Spy fissures because again you can get some real clowns.

The only PUG fissures I do are Capture, rescue. Sabotage and Exterminate because if there is too much lag, or the rest of the team are clowns, you can leave the team and matchmake with others when it's complete. having said that I have at times found good teams on PUG fissures, and stuck with them to run out the timer on the fissure.

if I want to farm a specific relic, I set up a time with my friends/Clan mates to do relic runs.