I may be in the minitory but I loved the Profit Taker fight

Jarriaga

It's intense. It keeps you on your toes due to the onslaught of enemies. It gets harder if you're not paying attention to alarm beacons. The boss shifts resistances very quickly which forces you to try your full gear even going melee if necessary. It has long range attacks that discourage sniping. A final countdown that makes everything a lot more chaotic and increases the tension. 

Maybe it's because I'm not focused on the rewards I get or how long it will take me to get something from Vox Solaris, but I loved every second of it. It's freaking awesome! 

Kudos to DE for taking many lessons from Eidolon fights. These Orb Mothers are a lot more engaging and less methodical. Well done. 

The only nitpick I have is that I can't skip the initial cutscene when using a controller. 

Edited by Jarriaga

WOOOOT?! How dare u...

Kidding :P

I kinda like it too mostly for how different it is from Eidolon fights. No time limite, no specific weapons and rivens requirements, no meta team required and so on

It may be a bit unrewardiing for now and annoying since all the CC but other than that its much better than Eidolons

The only thing I dislike about this fight is, that when solo you need to use the operator, although DE said, we wouldn't be forced to, but that's just if I had to name a problem. Otherwise I agree it's super entertaining and all the thng that originally annoyed me were adressed i the past few hotfixes

Slightly Off topic: I honestly was thinking for about a minute what "monitory" was in your title until I realized it was supposed to be "minority" (no worries, we make spell errors sometimes)
On Topic: I like the wide range of gear you can use in Orb heists. I mean snipers still are the best option but the elemental switches makes the fight more "dynamic" in a way that I don't have to rely on one weapon alone. Plus you can use a lot more frames. I know Teralysts fights were dynamic for a time but it was short lived due to the numerous restrictions the Eidolons puts into the field. Orb Mothers, on the other hand, (at least this one) opens up a lot more options to players but after a while there would always be an "optimal" setup for these boss fights. The one thing I am hoping (but not expecting) for Orbs is that after a few months, players won't require "X" warframe to fight them although this is very optimistic.

I don't love it, but I certainly much prefer the design direction overall to the god-awful flashy snoozefests that are eidolons. I think it could be pretty good with a bit more cleaning up, but it's going to be hard for them to take this direction any further, I think. You CAN get away with using almost any frame, and there's only a partial per-fight time limit, but... for something you again want to farm a million times, it also just seems like it's gonna be back to using chroma or something because not much else matters if you're invincible and do a ton of damage. I've heard some squads have already got the fight down to under three minutes if their gear's all optimized/organized enough.

Still, at least it's not like that's the ONLY option. I wonder how they'll adjust things going forward in terms of the fight length and rewards; current rewards suck, and the debt bonds seem almost insulting, but the fight's already been trivialized within days, so I can see why DE might be hesitant to actually put useful things on the table.

Edited by OvisCaedo

Me too! You are not alone buddy. I like the chaotic fight feeling it gives and opportunity to use other frames and weapons (and melee can be useful! Something that Eidolon fails to deliver). Though yes, the wider warframes and weapons variety that you can choose kinda reduce the difficulty, but the tension and the action feeling are still there.

Though I kinda hope the whole heist is put into one package instead of separate phases like this.

55 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

The only nitpick I have is that I can't skip the initial cutscene.  

Now you can! Just left click when they are talking.

6 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

no meta team required and so on

Indeed! Public groups went a lot better than I expected (The longest fight was only 15 minutes; most of them under 10).

6 hours ago, Archforge said:

Slightly Off topic: I honestly was thinking for about a minute what "monitory" was in your title until I realized it was supposed to be "minority" (no worries, we make spell errors sometimes)
On Topic: I like the wide range of gear you can use in Orb heists. I mean snipers still are the best option but the elemental switches makes the fight more "dynamic" in a way that I don't have to rely on one weapon alone. Plus you can use a lot more frames. I know Teralysts fights were dynamic for a time but it was short lived due to the numerous restrictions the Eidolons puts into the field. Orb Mothers, on the other hand, (at least this one) opens up a lot more options to players but after a while there would always be an "optimal" setup for these boss fights. The one thing I am hoping (but not expecting) for Orbs is that after a few months, players won't require "X" warframe to fight them although this is very optimistic.

Thanks for pointing the typo. It has been corrected.

I do believe some optimal builds will inevitably come but so far you don't feel penalized for not bringing specific frames to the fight. That's what I like about this boss fight. Also, no Archgun Rivens means everyone is more or less on equal footing, which helps a lot as well.

5 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

for something you again want to farm a million times, it also just seems like it's gonna be back to using chroma or something because not much else matters if you're invincible and do a ton of damage. I've heard some squads have already got the fight down to under three minutes if their gear's all optimized/organized enough.

Still, at least it's not like that's the ONLY option. I wonder how they'll adjust things going forward in terms of the fight length and rewards; current rewards suck, and the debt bonds seem almost insulting, but the fight's already been trivialized within days, so I can see why DE might be hesitant to actually put useful things on the table.

5 hours ago, undeas said:

I like it as well, but the rewards suck. I mean why add the dept bonds to it? I think it would have made more sense to add the cryomag/reppeler...(something something) systems to it >__>

sorry for any mistake

That's why I feel like I'm a minority here. Ever since I reached MR25 (26 currently) I just kinda slowed with reward expectations and just wanted a new challenge or dynamic content; less meta, more options. Yet a significant portion of the community and even some of the partners are all about the rewards while I tend to just play the game and then look over in a week or 2 if I can build something with no rush. It's a vastly different experience when you're not focused on what you get out of it

5 hours ago, kingvaldemir said:

Now you can! Just left click when they are talking.

Thanks. It seems that skipping does not work when using a controller then. I saw the patch notes and I thought this was only for the earlier stages since no button press stopped it for stage 4. I guess I'll need to have my mouse by my side as a workaround.

Edited by Jarriaga

47 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Are they soloable without a hustle(time pressure)? That's my only concern :3

They are perfectly soloable during the first 3 quarters of the fight. The last phase (25% health left) is tricky though since you have a 5 minute countdown to kill it.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Are they soloable without a hustle(time pressure)? That's my only concern :3

Most of the complains that i read from players that claims the mode are too hard or too unbearable comes from those that tries to solo it. One of them made a post here in the forum and said it took him 40 mins. That's just one guy though. Maybe with a proper setup you do can solo it, but it might take some time and the rewards will probably disappoint you. Not recommended unless you don't mind about the rewards

Edited by kingvaldemir

23 minutes ago, kingvaldemir said:

Most of the complains that i read from players that claims the mode are too hard or too unbearable comes from those that tries to solo it. One of them made a post here in the forum and said it took him 40 mins. That's just one guy though. Maybe with a proper setup you do can solo it, but it might take some time and the rewards will probably disappoint you. Not recommended unless you don't mind about the rewards

The fight is indeed solo'able.    I have done it and it isn't terrible.   However, if you are going to solo, mistakes are more harshly punished.    When you solo you really need to pay attention to the bosses telegraphed attacks.  If you don't, it is one shot city.    When you solo, you need to be focused on survival.  Going in with a paper tiger builds/frames is foolish in this case since you cannot kill your target before they have a chance to respond.  This is much more pronounced in areas like PoE/Fortuna when every hostile has line of site on you.   There are dozen frames that can survive this "crazyness" fairly well.   That isn't too bad of a pool to draw from.  

As a of last night (the 0.4 patch), I would have to say the rewards are no longer disappointing.   In less than one hour you can most likely cap both reps and have a million credits to boot for your time.   In terms of being "rewarding", I would call that "fair".   

Edited by Chappie1975

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Well I'm honestly already disgusted that de yet again does something with a time limit. Even if it's the last part, you can still #*!% up then.. and in a game all about glitches and bugs putting a time limit is horrendous..

I have not experienced glitches so far, and I don't mind having a failure state. It's set to 5 minutes because all Archweapons are viable.

If anything, I do see many dead players who ignore the Corpus enemies surrounding them. Many of them have failed to stay alive by the time the Orb dies, so they get no rewards.

Edited by Jarriaga

Overall I also enjoy this fight. The heist bounties are an interesting way to unlock the fight and ultimately make the profit taker vulnerable. It is quick to learn how to fight it, but even then the fight is indeed intense. In terms of boss attacks and the constant Corpus enemy spawns. It actually feels harder than the teralyst in those ways. Sure the boss could be considered easier in regards to how different weapons can be used on it. And you need different elemental attacks to damage the shield, but it's attacks hit much harder and there is no rest as you also need to destroy beacons constantly to manage the vast enemy spawns.

Archgun load speed is painful unless you travel to the side I can agree with. I still like how this fight plays out and how you don't need to stick to a meta frame & weapon loadout to be effective. I kinda do wish our amps had a greater role than switching shield resistance, but there are new arcanes to make that possible for this fight. The vox Solaris will require a ton of grinding naturally, but it's the name of the game. It's what we sign on for in exchange for not needing to pay for the new content.

The fight also turns out to be profitable in taking profit from the profit taker along with the other rewards. I'm glad they also added a profit taker articula. With this stuff, I feel motivated to grind it even more. I'm interested in earning baruuk and some new amps through this new syndicate. It already feels like an improvement over eidolon fights. And I'm interested to see how the other orb mothers will behave at a later update.