Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SwdVengeance

Can't Gild Amp Via Little Duck

Finally got my standing up to Hand which is required to Gild Amps with her. Attempted to do so with two different Amps and both are kicking back the error, "Unable to Gild the Amp. Your account has not been charged." I found an old bug report similar to this one involving Onko in Cetus from back in August, unsure if this is somehow related. Should also note I am NOT the 3rd rank with Quills and have yet to be able to Gild any Amps through them, however, I suspect that's not suppose to be a requirements to Gild via Little Duck but may be causing the issue system side. Anyone else experiencing this error?

Running into the exact same issue.

Tried following another thread with a fix where leveling a second Mote Amp supposedly fixed it for the Quills, but it hasn't worked at all for Little Duck.

Got all excited that I could finally get an amp as I absolutely hated the eidolon fight with a mote amp, and didn't bother ranking up with the Quills. Now, not really thrilled that its broken right out of the gate with no chance of it being fixed within the next 2-3 weeks...

I think I've found the problem. I just successfully gilded an amp at little duck and, although the screen lists Vox solaris standing, it actually took 5k QUILLS standing off me instead.

I assume Little Duck's interface was copied from Onkko and hasn't been correctly updated to use Vox solaris rep yet.

16 hours ago, KhaineSD said:

I think I've found the problem. I just successfully gilded an amp at little duck and, although the screen lists Vox solaris standing, it actually took 5k QUILLS standing off me instead.

I assume Little Duck's interface was copied from Onkko and hasn't been correctly updated to use Vox solaris rep yet.

Just went and farmed some sentient cores to try this, unfortunately didn't work as its still giving the same error.

If its still hooked up to use Quills reputation to gild, maybe its still checking Quills rank to see if you're able to gild? I'm maxed on both so I can't check, but given it definitely dropped me from 8.5k to 3.5k Quills rep when I gilded at little duck it seems possible.

3 hours ago, KhaineSD said:

If its still hooked up to use Quills reputation to gild, maybe its still checking Quills rank to see if you're able to gild? I'm maxed on both so I can't check, but given it definitely dropped me from 8.5k to 3.5k Quills rep when I gilded at little duck it seems possible.

It's giving the wrong error message though. Without enough rank, it mentions rank, not an obscure message (account not changed) that sounds like a program error.
I crafted a Vox Amp just to check that too, and it won't gild with Quills Rank 2 (40k or so standing to spend), Vox Rank 3 (30k standing to spend).

I'm really going to be displeased if I have to go grind 10 Eidolons to level up Quill.

Right, gilded another amp and I'm even more confused.

Before gilding

16k Vox rep 3.5k Quills rep

Was expecting an error message if it is coded to take quills rep since I didn't have enough Quills rep to gild

After gilding

16k Vox rep 0 Quills rep. No error messages. Very strange. Definitely something weird in the coding in there.

I've got my third fortuna amp cooking now, I'll see what happens if it tries to gild on 0 quills rep once its done and levelled.

This happened to me too, I had about 3500 standing with The Quills and 6000 with Vox Solaris and just now checked my standing with The Quills, it is now at 0, With Vox Solaris is still at 6000 and I was able to Guild my first two Amps from Vox Solaris.

Right, third amp gilded. 16k Vox, 0 Quills rep before gilding

After gilding 16k Vox 0 Quills rep. No error messages, amp gilded successfully.

@_@ very confusing. Definitely more going on in there than it just using quills rep instead of Vox. 

Bump.

Also having the same issue. Trying to gild my first PoE amp at Little Duck gives me the same error message as post #2.

16 hours ago, thewhalechan said:

As a workaround, gild it with onko in cetus (and save some vox standing)

Was considering it, but the entire reason I avoided ranking up the quills was the difficultly curve that becomes a wall at rank 1, which at the time creating a T1 amp required a lot of incredibly time consuming materials to craft...

Meanwhile, Vox Solaris doesn't have an amp requirement to effectively gain standing for, and most of the materials are abundant making it far easier to create any tier with the introduction of the new mining mechanics and availability of rare resources at all times in the cycle; the only current downside is that the Little Duck gilding process is a coin flip, and either works just fine or doesn't work at all due to a currently unknown bug.

they need to fix this already, finally made my first amp and cant even gild it.

SMH! Can we get a fix pls? Still cant guild it almost a week later. When good old COPY PASTE goes wrong 🙄