My K-Drive trick/standing tutorial

(PSN)drpunk-yo

Question

1. Spam X (PS4)/Space (PC)/A (Xbox). We're talking Track and Field type button mash spam. Really go to town on it.

2. Alternate between diagonal Up Left and diagonal Up Right between jumps to keep combo counter increasing.

I'm ending bounties 4 and 5 with around 4000/5000 standing travelling between bounty missions using this method.

Removed 02/01/2019 - 2. Throw in some L2 (PS4)/Right mouse (PC)/LT (Xbox) from time to time.

I'm ending bounties with around 1,500/2,000 standing travelling between the bounty missions using this method. I was getting around 200/300 standing before, actually trying to do tricks.

Apologies for having no idea what Switch buttons are called. But it shouldn't be difficult porting this technique over 🙂

I do hope to see some of you Tenno looking as silly as me travelling between objectives on Fortuna. Mash it up!

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo
  • Like 1

20 answers to this question

There's a spot on the map that makes it far easier:
The Pearl, at the western end of the map (when you're exiting Fortuna you are facing the right direction already). Around the name-giving Pearl you find a circular grind rail, interrupted by a few platforms. By timing your jumps you can endlessly grind there. Do a quick trick during jumps to further increase your booster and you get to 3,000 trick cap every 15-20 seconds (with Affinity booster).

If you multiply your daily vent kid standing by four, you know how much XP you need on your K-Drive for that.

To speed up things further, get the K-Drive Mods Rail Guards (+30% K-Drive Grind Speed) and Intertia Dampeners (trick score multiplier) later.

It's a good idea to clear the enemies there first, else reinforcements will annoy you at one point. With Affinity Booster it took me about 8-10mins there to get my daily Ventkids standing (27k).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

:sad:

My method's about getting some decent standing while doing bounties rather than going into Fortuna specifically to concentrate on K-Drive.

Even so, you still need specifically spend the time in between the bounty stages to farm the standing. So unless you slack from the bounty stages you still need to specifically dedicate time.

6 minutes ago, scourge213 said:

Even so, you still need specifically spend the time in between the bounty stages to farm the standing. So unless you slack from the bounty stages you still need to specifically dedicate time.

No, you spend the time between bounty stages travelling to the next one.

While you're doing that, spam X.

No slacking from me.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

No, you spend the time between bounty stages travelling to the next one.

While you're doing that, spam X.

No slacking from me.

Actually you do. I dont know how much time you spend with this, but i'm sure it cant compare to the 3-4 seconds travel time of an Itzal. Which is equivalent to 1-2 non-charged jumps of a non-modded k-drive.

Edited by scourge213

8 minutes ago, scourge213 said:

Actually you do. I dont know how much time you spend with this, but i'm sure it cant compare to the 3-4 seconds travel time of an Itzal. Which is equivalent to 1-2 non-charged jumps of a non-modded k-drive.

Yo dude, if you wanna rush, you rush.

But just cos I wanna travel by K-Drive, don't you dare call that slacking.

Try having a bit of fun instead 🙂

1 hour ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Yo dude, if you wanna rush, you rush.

But just cos I wanna travel by K-Drive, don't you dare call that slacking.

Try having a bit of fun instead 🙂

I never called the time between phases slacking. Slacking is if someone starts the stage and you take your time getting there - no matter how you put it, it is. All i said is that you do spend time for the K-drive. One way or another. The time between stages can be under 10 secs. How you extend it is up to you.

Edited by scourge213

16 minutes ago, scourge213 said:

Slacking is if someone starts the stage and you take your time getting there - no matter how you put it, it is.

So I'm slacking cos I haven't got Itzal?

I dunno, seems a bit elitist, but if them's the rules.

May as well spend the whole time doing tricks cos it turns out I'm slacking regardless of what I do 😞

3 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

So I'm slacking cos I haven't got Itzal?

I dunno, seems a bit elitist, but if them's the rules.

May as well spend the whole time doing tricks cos it turns out I'm slacking regardless of what I do 😞

Well its not that its that bad. Everybody slack. You choose to do it that way, fine. But just dont try to deny it as in your previous comment.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Shustas said:

Bro, how dare u not doing the pearl grind? Its only one elitist way. U go to pearl and grind. Between bounties. Muahahahahahaha

Exactly. Someone who agrees that efficiency must be viewed with elitist eyes.😄

Though there are other methods as well beside pearl.

Edited by scourge213

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Shustas said:

Ok, but really, just spam X and L2? Instead of trying to do some 5000 different tricks while in the air?

I get much better results spamming than trying.

That is pretty much my tutorial. It is kinda tongue in cheek.

But this is solely about getting a score while you are on the move during bounties. I am not stupid enough to think that this is better than going somewhere on the map that is designed for us to do tricks in.

And this requires zero skill.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

Go to pearl double jump grab board and grind 

X,X,L1,L2 release and quickly X,X,L1,L2 to maintain combo 

rinse and repeat 

at 3k on a rail release to reset counter and grind to begin again, no need to jump off. 

No mods 100 combo= 3k

with combo mod 80 ish combo= 3k

3k gives 750 rep 

20 minutes to make 27 k rep 

Got rank 5 today, we all lift together 💪

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO

I've improved my spam jump technique over the holidays.

The trick is to alternate between diagonal up left and diagonal up right as you are spamming X. Every time you change direction the combo counter increases by 2.

Timing the change in direction can be tricky to keep the combo going but there's a definite knack to it.

Forget L2. 

I end bounties with pretty much the same Vent Kids standing as the bounty rewards for Solaris standing now.

Mention of booster in this thread annoys me too. Why people think affinity booster will have any effect on this when trick score has nothing to do with affinity?

go to pearl
clear out area
practice grinding around the pearl
once you have gotten skilled enough at it or reached 5k standing head back to town an try to rank up
when you rank up get either mag lock or air time
earn 20k standing to get the tier 1 k-drive parts or buy the k-drive of the day from Roky
have both mag locks an air time mods isntalled into the board to make grinding the pearl much easyier.
once rank up to rank two pick the part you will want for your 2nd or 3rd board
once rank up to rank three pick the mod called Inertia Dampeners to help boost your standing gain

On 2018-12-20 at 5:09 AM, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

1. Spam X (PS4)/Space (PC)/A (Xbox). We're talking Track and Field type button mash spam. Really go to town on it.

2. Alternate between diagonal Up Left and diagonal Up Right between jumps to keep combo counter increasing.

I'm ending bounties 4 and 5 with around 4000/5000 standing travelling between bounty missions using this method.

Removed 02/01/2019 - 2. Throw in some L2 (PS4)/Right mouse (PC)/LT (Xbox) from time to time.

I'm ending bounties with around 1,500/2,000 standing travelling between the bounty missions using this method. I was getting around 200/300 standing before, actually trying to do tricks.

Apologies for having no idea what Switch buttons are called. But it shouldn't be difficult porting this technique over 🙂

I do hope to see some of you Tenno looking as silly as me travelling between objectives on Fortuna. Mash it up!

I see a lot of people doing the pearl grind.

I just grind the pipe behind Fortuna.

Jump up, do a few spins before landing on pipe, grind, jump once at the end, jump & rotate, repeat.

Easy 3000 (750) standing every 10 secs ornso.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I see a lot of people doing the pearl grind.

I just grind the pipe behind Fortuna.

Jump up, do a few spins before landing on pipe, grind, jump once at the end, jump & rotate, repeat.

Easy 3000 (750) standing every 10 secs ornso.

this... max daily standing in 10minutes with little effort.