Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atmospheric Arch Guns without fighting the Orb?

Steel_Rook

Question

Pretty simple question here. Is it possible to earn the ability to use Arch Guns in atmosphere without going through what seems to be a team-only boss fight in the Profit-Taker Orb? I know the atmospheric upgrade for each individual Arch Gun is available for Plat from the Market so that's already not Heist-dependent, but what about the Launcher? I freely admit to not being familiar with the new content enough to know how it works, so I'm hoping I can earn the ability to use my Arch Guns in normal missions solo in some fashion. Even if it's for money.

7 answers to this question

You don't have to fight Profit-Taker in order to use Archguns, you only have to complete up to 3rd Bounty in the Profit-Taker Bounty line which will unlock the ability to use any Archgun equipped with Gravimag.

The first 2 Bounties can be done solo but the third Bounty requires at least 1 other player, access to the Bounties also require Old Mate (Max Rank) ranking in Solaris United syndicate.

Edited by Poke007

You can make the blueprint through Clan research though it will cost Gyromag, Atmos and Repeller parts to both research and build.

The research is in the Tennolab.

These are awarded from any tier of the bounties but the 2nd one is the fastest to spam.

1 hour ago, Poke007 said:

You don't have to fight Profit-Taker in order to use Archguns, you only have to complete up to 3rd Bounty in the Profit-Taker Bounty line which will unlock the ability to use any Archgun equipped with Gravimag.

The first 2 Bounties can be done solo but the third Bounty requires at least 1 other player, access to the Bounties also require Old Mate (Max Rank) ranking in Solaris United syndicate.

OK, that's not as bad as I was afraid it might be. I don't have to fight the Orb, but I still have to get to max rank with Solaris United. That's going to take a while, especially since I don't particularly care for Orb Vallis, but it should be doable. Question about the bounties:

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Nah, you can do it Solo easily enough, just bullet jump etc past all the enemies, don't even need a speedster Frame / build.

What exactly does the third bounty entail that's seen as either not soloable or difficult to solo? I've heard tell of multiple consoles needing to be hacked at the same time, so is that the catch? I tried checking the Wiki but it's heavy on spoilers and light on instructions at present. What happens if you fail to hack the consoles? Mission failed, or can you retry? Is it possible to cheese with the Operator? Like, leave your Warframe at one console, Operator-walk to the other console, hack that, die, be bounced back to your Warframe and hack that? Or am I overthinking it?

And what of the Profit-Taker itself? I'm assuming it's not soloable in the same way a Teralyst might be? All of this is a bit over my head, so I'm trying to figure out how to approach it. Sorry for the scattershot questions.

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

OK, that's not as bad as I was afraid it might be. I don't have to fight the Orb, but I still have to get to max rank with Solaris United. That's going to take a while, especially since I don't particularly care for Orb Vallis, but it should be doable. Question about the bounties:

What exactly does the third bounty entail that's seen as either not soloable or difficult to solo? I've heard tell of multiple consoles needing to be hacked at the same time, so is that the catch? I tried checking the Wiki but it's heavy on spoilers and light on instructions at present. What happens if you fail to hack the consoles? Mission failed, or can you retry? Is it possible to cheese with the Operator? Like, leave your Warframe at one console, Operator-walk to the other console, hack that, die, be bounced back to your Warframe and hack that? Or am I overthinking it?

And what of the Profit-Taker itself? I'm assuming it's not soloable in the same way a Teralyst might be? All of this is a bit over my head, so I'm trying to figure out how to approach it. Sorry for the scattershot questions.

For the third bounty, you need to activate 2 separate consoles within a given time limit, 1 inside the base and another outside. And if you aren't quick enough the consoles reset.

As for soloing the Profit-Taker, yes it is possible, did it myself yesterday. 😛 Just need to know how the shield mechanics work and have a very durable frame.

4 minutes ago, Poke007 said:

For the third bounty, you need to activate 2 separate consoles within a given time limit, 1 inside the base and another outside. And if you aren't quick enough the consoles reset.

OK, that's definitely good to hear. In that case, even if I mess up I can try again without resetting the bounty. I'm not the fastest, but having a chance is better than nothing. Thanks for the info 🙂 Now I just need to actually GET to Old Mate...

4 minutes ago, Poke007 said:

As for soloing the Profit-Taker, yes it is possible, did it myself yesterday. 😛 Just need to know how the shield mechanics work and have a very durable frame.

Also good to hear. I don't see myself soloing the thing, but having the option is always welcome. I didn't see myself soloing Eidolons, either, but I figured that out eventually. Hopefully the Profit-Taker isn't designed as a team-only raid for all but the best of players - which from what you're saying doesn't seem to be the case. In that case, cool!