Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player trying to get a tigirs prime

(PSN)OriginalSilthos

Question

Been playing a month now love my vek but alot of people are telling me that the tigris prime is the way to go. Seems its locked atm is there a scedule we can look at for the unvaulting of weapons/frames or should i just try to buy it off another player and if so how much plat should i pay if im buying dont want to be ripped off or scammed. Im a Ps4 player. Any info would be much appreciated.

11 answers to this question

Well, you can buy it off another player right now - specifically the parts, you'll need to put it together yourself. Seems to be going for about 50 plat on PC since a lot of people stockpiled parts for selling. It IS a good weapon after all.

However, if you're new, you might not be able to make it - it's MR 13 locked.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalSilthos said:

if im buying dont want to be ripped off or scammed

https://ps4.warframe.market/items/tigris_prime_set

45p lowest offer rn. If you are MR13 I would buy it.

It was vaulted with Nekros Prime and we don't know when he will be unvaulted because it wasn't that long ago he went into the vault. If I had to guess: appr. 1-2 years until his unvaulting

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Consider the Sancti Tigris instead.  The Tigris prime is very useful against high level enemies when you get the 4 60/60 status mods on it.  If you aren't fighting high level enemies(at least level 100), and if you don't have all 4 status mods (which you probably don't, the electric one is hard to come by), the Sancti Tigris is actually better.  It has slightly lower damage (but its still high enough to blow up almost everything you encounter with a quick 2-shot), but faster reload and will frequently give you a nice heal + large AoE explosion from the syndicate proc.  It is also MR 12, so you can pick it up sooner, and should only cost you 30 plat or so from another player.

Comparing a poverty build of Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Chilling Reload, Vigilante Armaments, 3 60/60 status mods, and Blaze, the Tigris P is only 14% more DPS than the Sancti.

Just so you know, if you aren't a high enough MR, you won't even be able to trade for it, much less making it. If you know other people with the vaulted relics that contain Tigris Prime parts, you can get them that way from opening them, but not through trading.

I thought I would love the Tigris prime after relying so heavily on shotguns when I first started. I almost never use it. It’s main value is high damage on a single target. For most of the content of the game I’d rather use another weapon (ignis wraith, amprex, arca plasmor, pyrana prime, staticor, melee, etc). The Tigris is just too slow for the mobs of enemies you run into. 

I’d also try the regular Tigris before you consider buying the prime to get a feel for its mechanics. 

Edited by KosmicKerman
  • Like 1

Big groups really dont bother me bought nidus been maining him easy enough to just grab them all and wreck them. Bought him with the starter bundle and discount. Love the play style of the shotguns and when i grab them i get a joy out of shotgunning the group lol. Ive used the regular tigris just alot of people told me the prime is miles better. I'll work on getting the santi version until im high enough to buy it. Tks all for the advice and info. 

I find Tigris as more of a supplementary weapon, when whatever you're killing with secondary or powers doesn't die fast enough.

Think more the sort of a tactical nuke. It's slow reload and two shot magazine don't allow for fast damage towards which the current gameplay flows, but those two shot are going to put a hole through the wall.

Since you main nidus, it's a 10/10 for you. Get it from the market. If you need an alternative shotgun: Strun Wraith, Boar Prime, Arca Plasmor, with Plasmor being considered equal or superior to Tigris, having lower damage, but still 1shoting 99% of enemies, despite not actually being a shotgun.

If you need an alternative to blowing things up, any of the explosive weapons should do - Lenz, Zar...etc. just don't blow yourself up.