Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody Think Story Missions Are Going To Pop Up In U10?

Aspari

Actually, after over 400 hours in the game.

My fun factor graph went up when i was playing...The training mission...

Just because it faced me against something else than fake sandbox with me at the point A and objective at the point B.

Edited by SkacikPLz

Actually, after over 400 hours in the game.

My fun factor graph went up when i was playing...The training mission...

Just because it faced me against something else than fake sandbox with me at the point A and objective at the point B.

That moment when you realize 'New Game Feels' never come back... /sniffle

Edited by FatalX7

That moment when you realize 'New Game Feels' never come back... /sniffle

More likely because it was fulfilled with lore and actual plot, whilst all other missions are like "You know what to do, you've done it thousand times".

Generally story oriented missions will always seem to be more satisfying than fake sandbox.At least during the first playthrough.

Still waiting for the first "episode" Vor's prize. There hasn't been any word since the implementation of the "lore" section.

Actually it came up in Livestream #13. However, when it came up the devs couldn't even remember what they called it...that alone pissed me off. It gave the impression that story had effectively been shelved. They seem to like the lore section with walls of text to read, but it isn't enough in my opinion...

Actually it came up in Livestream #13. However, when it came up the devs couldn't even remember what they called it...that alone &!$$ed me off. It gave the impression that story had effectively been shelved. They seem to like the lore section with walls of text to read, but it isn't enough in my opinion...

This.

It just basically feels like there's not a single man in DE who could dedicate himself to lore writing.

They're bunch of animators/modelers/programmers, so they add lore whenever they see fit and they have enough time for it.

Which is a shame because WF universe could use some expanding in every direction.

I'm curious whether hiring one man and dedicating him to create detailed lore would strain their budget.

It's something VALVe did for Portal 2.

or they just could "hire" somebody from the community, often players create best expansions for the universe.

Just fill the man in on the basic guildelines and let him connect the gaps.

Edited by SkacikPLz

Actually it came up in Livestream #13. However, when it came up the devs couldn't even remember what they called it...that alone &!$$ed me off. It gave the impression that story had effectively been shelved. They seem to like the lore section with walls of text to read, but it isn't enough in my opinion...

I must have missed that. I actually asked in the chat a few times but no response :P

But yeah, wall of text lore is a rather poor approach after the nice PS4 Trailer.

I must have missed that. I actually asked in the chat a few times but no response :P

But yeah, wall of text lore is a rather poor approach after the nice PS4 Trailer.

Sad thing is DE is aware there's almost no point to progression in Warframe. They didn't make anything worth while to progress to.

Well at the end of livestream #13 and after spamming the chat during the livestream saying "What about lore/story?" and Rebecca finally asking it, Sheldon made the comment that he felt like WE were actually making the lore/story with these weekend events and the lore they were adding. Sorry but in my opinion this game needs some story bad, especially back-story considering we don't know who the stalker is, why we're fighting, or just what the hell happened in general besides what the community has been able to put together from mission and planet text/what little lore we have. I don't think that the weekend events and the tiny bit of lore they're adding about current events is the story we need right now, yes in the future it will be cool to look back and see what we did and how it may have shaped warframe, but c'mon.

Then again this is all just my opinion.

It just basically feels like there's not a single man in DE who could dedicate himself to lore writing.

I would work for peanuts to get that job. The problem is that the community has so many expectations of the setting that pleasing everyone would be a problem. The way it is now - frustrating as hell, as it is - means that everyone can be their own Tenno with their own story. They just fill in the blanks with their perceptions. I like thinking my Tenno is a transhuman bio-construct. Others like thinking they are a vanilla human in a suit.

If you were to make either type cannon, there would be a massive poop-maelstrom. Best to not stir that water, methinks.

I would work for peanuts to get that job. The problem is that the community has so many expectations of the setting that pleasing everyone would be a problem. The way it is now - frustrating as hell, as it is - means that everyone can be their own Tenno with their own story. They just fill in the blanks with their perceptions. I like thinking my Tenno is a transhuman bio-construct. Others like thinking they are a vanilla human in a suit.

If you were to make either type cannon, there would be a massive poop-maelstrom. Best to not stir that water, methinks.

This is wisdom here.

Seems like every long-time players see what the Tenno are and how the world works different. If I told the story how I like it and Silverbones told it how he liked it you may very well up hearing stories different enough to be separate games.

Hard to deal with that kind of situation. Lots of long time players. Lot of opinions and expectation.

This is wisdom here.

Seems like every long-time players see what the Tenno are and how the world works different. If I told the story how I like it and Silverbones told it how he liked it you may very well up hearing stories different enough to be separate games.

Hard to deal with that kind of situation. Lots of long time players. Lot of opinions and expectation.

^This.

On the flip side, however, there is a lot of lore that can be written without screwing over the mystery of the Tenno. More lore about how the Grineer rose to power, or what pushed the Corpus over the hill into a techno-cult would be excellent. There is a lot of story that can be made cannon and still keep the fundamental mystery of the Tenno intact.

Let us know more about the Grineer Queens and how they rule, perhaps. What happened to the rest of humanity after the Tenno left the system for mysterious reasons? There is a whole system of knowledge out there that we can tap into, so perhaps that may become the focus of the lore?

As an unrelated side note, I AM TOTALLY AVAILABLE FOR YOU DE. I’LL LIVE IN A BASEMENT AND EAT NOTHING BUT SHAME AND AIR FOR THIS JOB. JESUS, HOW MUCH MUST I BEG?

The only thing that'd ruin the Queens for me is if they turned out to be nothing more sinister or powerful then Monarchs.

How mind-bogglingly awesome would it be if they turned out to be surviving Orokin who've strayed in the interest of control?

I personally like to imagine they'd play a role closer to Demigods for the Grineer instead of simple leadership. It spices up the idea of how the Grineer work.

The only thing that'd ruin the Queens for me is if they turned out to be nothing more sinister or powerful then Monarchs.

How mind-bogglingly awesome would it be if they turned out to be surviving Orokin who've strayed in the interest of control?

I personally like to imagine they'd play a role closer to Demigods for the Grineer instead of simple leadership. It spices up the idea of how the Grineer work.

What if the Queens are just Lotus played on stereo sound?

Well, one way to solve it might be to make an actual storyline mission to go with the event. Granted, that'll mean that events won't be as common because of the actual mission, but it would most likely make it a lot more memorable and satisfying.

As for keeping the mystery of the Tenno, they could simply pull a Legend of Zelda as far as your character is concerned).