Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The gearwheel

PaulUParadox

Something that kind of bugs me about the current iteration of the gear wheel, is the annoyance of organizing the gear on it. What use is putting all your gear exactly where you want it only to rank up with a faction, or explore a new expansion and suddenly you have new gear to add. Your options are to add it to the very end of your wheel, which leads to confusingly disorganized wheel, or to replace items one by one down the line until you've painstakingly moved every item over by one or more. With the new infinite gear wheel I feel a better means of sorting needs to be implemented. If I can move gear tabs around that would be very helpful.

My issue is that, while I appreciate the idea of the infinite gear wheel, I still want to stick to just my original radial wheel. Unfortunately, that means that I can't use the last two slots or the game decides that I want it to be infinite. NO, game, I do not. Why is it that, with no overlap between items, during missions it still becomes the endless spiral? Why is that necessary?! Before, I had exactly the number of slots I needed if I filled the gear wheel. Now I have to have the last two slots empty or it defaults to the spiral with, again, NO OVERLAP with the items, so it shouldn't be necessary.

Sorry if this isn't what this thread was about, but if we're just airing our concerns about the infinite gear wheel, this is a big one for me. Once again, the idea of giving us the choice to opt-in to the new system is supremely appreciated as a Quality of Life feature, but it's the implementation that is the frustrating part. :(

• Like 1

On 2018-12-20 at 10:39 PM, (PS4)GrandisSupernus said:

My issue is that, while I appreciate the idea of the infinite gear wheel, I still want to stick to just my original radial wheel. Unfortunately, that means that I can't use the last two slots or the game decides that I want it to be infinite. NO, game, I do not. Why is it that, with no overlap between items, during missions it still becomes the endless spiral? Why is that necessary?! Before, I had exactly the number of slots I needed if I filled the gear wheel. Now I have to have the last two slots empty or it defaults to the spiral with, again, NO OVERLAP with the items, so it shouldn't be necessary.

Sorry if this isn't what this thread was about, but if we're just airing our concerns about the infinite gear wheel, this is a big one for me. Once again, the idea of giving us the choice to opt-in to the new system is supremely appreciated as a Quality of Life feature, but it's the implementation that is the frustrating part. 😞

While I personally think the infinite gearwheel is amazing, I very much see your point. If you choose to use one overlap of visible slots, then it should act like the original flat wheel. Punishing players for wanting to use the flat gearwheel by removing two, clearly available, slots within it is more than a bit problematic.