Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.6

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, RaZalTheOne said:

Maybe i don´t get it cause i not prefer to play solo, but for what reason would you need cp or armor strip? Not like this spider is hypertanky. I literally take down 1 limb with round about 60 shots of my supra vandal. Oh right DE wants you to use the archwing gun in this mode and actually works pretty well. So if you want to play solo you actually have to come up with a way to kill it fast enough. Archgun? Nah better rage without thinking

okay, i've been a bit aggressive so i'll explain more quietly. the thing is... except that people playing smartly weren't raging, they were using the armor reduction. and DE, rather than correcting their broken armor system, prefer nerfing the players abilities to deal with it. by doing that, they enforce a unique Meta. which isn't good. they boast that the game is made to be played the way you want. "i want to play smart and reduce the enemy armor before shotting at hi-... nope, nevermind, DE, without any good reason, destroyed one of the ONLY usage for an ULTRA NICHE mod. ho well, better go slave meta" . also, for solo, those who didn't had a fully formated archgun ( like me. i go multi, and my archgun can kill two legs with one clip of my imperator vandal. but lets be honest... there isn't a lot of people who do... ) this was absolutely good to have SI. thing is... the SI wasn't breaking anything. it wasn't even damaging the orb. just stripping their armor. on every other mobs that have places where you can't shot it, or invincibility phase, you could still strip the armor with SI. what DE did there is a pure arbitrary choice to limit us, without any valid reasons other than forcing us to play the fight the way THEY wanted. and since they didn't liked the fact that players could play in another way, they make a pure unfair exception. also, you can look at the 11 pages of the MAJ to see how people in a majority just completely disagree with it.

there, i hope i've been more clearer, this time, as to why people are ( with reason ) mad against that bullS#&$ of a change.

20 minutes ago, mikakor said:

okay, i've been a bit aggressive so i'll explain more quietly. the thing is... except that people playing smartly weren't raging, they were using the armor reduction. and DE, rather than correcting their broken armor system, prefer nerfing the players abilities to deal with it. by doing that, they enforce a unique Meta. which isn't good. they boast that the game is made to be played the way you want. "i want to play smart and reduce the enemy armor before shotting at hi-... nope, nevermind, DE, without any good reason, destroyed one of the ONLY usage for an ULTRA NICHE mod. ho well, better go slave meta" . also, for solo, those who didn't had a fully formated archgun ( like me. i go multi, and my archgun can kill two legs with one clip of my imperator vandal. but lets be honest... there isn't a lot of people who do... ) this was absolutely good to have SI. thing is... the SI wasn't breaking anything. it wasn't even damaging the orb. just stripping their armor. on every other mobs that have places where you can't shot it, or invincibility phase, you could still strip the armor with SI. what DE did there is a pure arbitrary choice to limit us, without any valid reasons other than forcing us to play the fight the way THEY wanted. and since they didn't liked the fact that players could play in another way, they make a pure unfair exception. also, you can look at the 11 pages of the MAJ to see how people in a majority just completely disagree with it.

there, i hope i've been more clearer, this time, as to why people are ( with reason ) mad against that bullS#&$ of a change.

I have read some along this thread journey, the one thing I need to know is this change with Corrosive Projection, is it only against the Orb mother or will it be screwed for the whole game I wonder.

from what i can tell profittaker is still gated content that was dangled in front of the player base like a worm to a starving bird so thanks for the patch DE but game remains uninstalled till you stop alienating parts of your user base that don't have time for your broken systems and just want some lore.

18 hours ago, bluefish177 said:

Rare caches are now indistinguishable from regular caches. By cache I mean the caches that are found on missions such as Naeglar that have a counter and make a sound. If someone was deaf or had their sound off, there is no difference in how a regular and a rare cache looks.

I'm missing the frequency band in my hearing that many of the rare things hum at so finding them is always a PITA.

Also, now that I've gotten all the stupidly rare resources that the Orb drops so I can build two weapons, I will never run against it again. That fight is a painful soul-killing slog.

I'm getting an error 504 when i try purchased platinum through the steam client

I keep getting 

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.56e41602.1545413902.1568117b

11 minutes ago, Tyrenica said:

Why shattering impact? , why they keep *fixing* useful items and make it useless so ppl won't use it anymore? I'm tired with this chroma meta bull**** , let's abandon this profit taker and make DE learn

can't agree anymore. for those interested to make a clear point to DE, there is a thread about this in Fortuna Feedback.

everyone go there to explain how much making a stupid and arbitrary exception on Shattering impact is awful. they will make a devstream soon, they are BETTER changing their mind. because it's a slippery slope, and a really S#&$ty one.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1046654-shattering-impact-on-profit-taker/

and since they are going to make a devstream soon, you can also ask them to change it in the twitch chat. if we're enough...

I don't know if this was a beneficial bug that I'd found, or something that was changed and then reverted, but for a few days with one of the most recent hotfixes, I was able to view my entire prime part inventory (probably the rest of it too, but the prime parts were what I was looking at at the time), and have the chat window up: the bottom row of prime parts was not obscured by the chat window. It was awesome! But now today, it's back to being obscured by the chat window. It's fine when there's only 3 items in that bottom row, I can still see what those bottom items are, but any more than that, it's very difficult, if not impossible, to see what those items are because of the text of the chat (specifically trading chat in this instance).

Could we get the ability for the inventory list to stop above the open chat window back? Instead of behind it?dc4rGHk.jpg

Seeing alot of mixed feelings in this thread so I'll hop in to add my 2cents.

Parts I love.

Révélation

Loving the new update, heists are hellah fun, liking the shared cinematic between players, loving the spider fight. It needed preparation but the fight itself is fun. I'm fine if it takes longer, really. Loving every bits of that first playthrough. The rewards... I don't need them, but it feels better when they meet expectation related to how long a fight took.

Started playing warframe in 2013. I kept an eye on the game but what made me leave it again and again were the boss fights which were really not exciting at all when you have crazy bossfights coming from games like Monster Hunters or Vindictus.
Big part as to why it wasn't as exciting was because it could easily end fast.

With the Plains of Eidolon update I knew DE was stepping little by little closer to better boss fights. Eidolon is a new thing so it is fun for the new concept that it is.

The Profit Taker fight is damn funnier. It interacts alot with the map, it climbs on stuff, rockets are fired in arcs, forcing you to position yourself according to those informations. It's amazing.

Now. I didn't try to get all Archwing stuff, I feel like Archwing missions have yet to unlock their true potential but we have glimpses of what it could do.

As a result, I only had the Imperator Archgun. Knowing I can use Archgun out of those Archwing missions that I can't enjoy as much as regular missions (yet), made me want to get a new Archgun.

And now my issue with this wonderful update...

This is where I hit a wall. The droprate to get the mats for the gravimag need so much luck, that I completely stopped trying. I had the same issue with Rare Mods from cetus bounty but I'm fine with that.

Révélation

Same thing happenned when I tried to get the Gladiator Finesse mod. Except I can understand why that mod is hard to get, it's a rare one, it adds stats, it changes your gameplay, it makes your character better. For the curious ones, I tried farming it 3 days straight, whenever Gladiator finesse was on the board, I would get there and bounty full time. Until I can't anymore. Doing them as fast as possible. Now I won't do them ever again.

What the gravimag does is simply letting you use the Archgun on ground. It's really fun, but like many already said, Archguns aren't really that strong, so making it so hard to just gain the right to equip a weapon you already crafted prevent me from having fun with the new mechanic.

I intended to use this to level a new Archgun, now I can't.
And now for the Cherry on Top. Getting a mod from Cetus bounty may have sounded really hard, but you can at least buy it from another player. Gravimag on the other hand, you can't trade it.

I ended up buying one on the market for 20plat. But I'm done with bounty rewards. I'm not ever playing a bounty to get a reward, I'll play it to help a guy and for fun if I'm alone, but farming is definitely not working when based on luck. I understand for some stuff like Rare mods but I still think additional Gravimag shouldn't be that hard to get.

-From 2013 to now, you made me come back and wanting to stay. You have my faith for what comes next, continue to impress me-

First, I like the lockers from an aesthetic standpoint.  Especially the new holo to display the potential for unlocked status.  However, there remains an issue with them.  There is no differentiation between locked, and picked (when not standing next to the locker and getting a prompt to open it), and somewhat more seriously no differentiation between locked and pick attempted and failed.  In my case, because my pet is picking lockers for me (rare resource farming), I have no way of knowing whether my pet has failed the attempt, or just not tried yet.  This is further exacerbated by the pet audio cues not always playing, and the pet often wandering off and doing their own thing (I like that the pet wanders from an RP-ish perspective, it makes them more their own character).  To be fair, there is the brief blue wave that washes over them, but that doesn't persist.  So, if my pet is doing it's own thing, or is unlocking lockers in another room while I'm making my way somewhere elses, I have no way of observing that.

For the other locker sets you have 5 states:

• Unlocked
  • Opened
  • Picked
  • Picked and Failed

With the new Corpus lockers there are basically 3, 4 if you count the prompt and brief blue glow, but I'm primarily talking about more static persistent visual differentiation:

• Unlocked
  • Opened

It would be nice to have the other states as well.  It's possible they're already planned and just not in, or maybe these are the way they are intended and I just need to watch Lucky more closely.  If the latter is the case it would be nice to have some clarification.  Just figured I would take a moment to point it out in case they were overlooked.

1 hour ago, Glyphicality said:

I'm not sure about this orb mother stuff, but it's been months now and it seems like an easy fix; so: 

Pls. Pls fix. It makes the Astilla feel so paltry to use. I miss those big glowing slugs. 

Funny enought Astilla never shot "big slugs" to begin with.

I used this weapon since it was released it always shot those tiny glass needles only difference was that they glowed more back then compared to now giving the impression that you shot large slugs but when viewed closely those were just the same tiny glass needles as you showed on your screenshot :P

47 minutes ago, Lythael said:

Funny enought Astilla never shot "big slugs" to begin with.

I used this weapon since it was released it always shot those tiny glass needles only difference was that they glowed more back then compared to now giving the impression that you shot large slugs but when viewed closely those were just the same tiny glass needles as you showed on your screenshot 😛

I'm aware! The glass slugs glowing still gave the /impression/ that they were large when you fired them, and they looked impressive during normal gameplay even if their little secret could be uncovered in captura. It's just now the glow effect is gone and the illusion is, well... shattered, if you will.

23 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

That's a step in the right direction, however lockers still don't react to Master Thief and Scavenge at all.

Lockers unlocked by these mods retain their locked appearance and don't light up, and lockers that failed to unlock cannot be distinguished from ones where unlocking was not yet attempted.

I really did not understand why they decided to change the lockers so radically...
The visual change with a new design may have been good, so why not kept the same criterion to red and green colors (locked/unlocked), so that you can observe from a distance their conditions... this worked very nice, until the moment of the change!

On 2018-12-21 at 8:35 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.6

<snip>

• Corpus Lockers/Caches that can be opened now display a holographic symbol to indicate such. Corpus Lockers/Caches without the holographic symbol cannot be opened. 
    • This change comes from vocal feedback regarding the unlock/locked visual changes to Corpus Lockers, and the conflict between the lack of contrast.

That's a great addition, and it works just fine in normal to dark lighting conditions, but when you're in a bright area with light on the locker it's still almost impossible to see, especially for those with vision issues. A more contrasting/vibrant green, in combination with a strong colour (without holographic glyph) for locked lockers such as traditional red (or another colour if colour blindness is an issue) would be much better.

locker1_zpszmbeqccp.jpglocker2_zpsq2jpcpbu.jpg

Halthar said:

First, I like the lockers from an aesthetic standpoint.  Especially the new holo to display the potential for unlocked status.  However, there remains an issue with them.  There is no differentiation between locked, and picked (when not standing next to the locker and getting a prompt to open it), and somewhat more seriously no differentiation between locked and pick attempted and failed.  In my case, because my pet is picking lockers for me (rare resource farming), I have no way of knowing whether my pet has failed the attempt, or just not tried yet.  This is further exacerbated by the pet audio cues not always playing, and the pet often wandering off and doing their own thing (I like that the pet wanders from an RP-ish perspective, it makes them more their own character).  To be fair, there is the brief blue wave that washes over them, but that doesn't persist.  So, if my pet is doing it's own thing, or is unlocking lockers in another room while I'm making my way somewhere elses, I have no way of observing that.

Excellent points! I had completely forgotten about the unlock ability of Master Thief or Scavenge. 

Just now, Marrra said:

That's a great addition, and it works just fine in normal to dark lighting conditions, but when you're in a bright area with light on the locker it's still almost impossible to see, especially for those with vision issues. A more contrasting/vibrant green, in combination with a strong colour (without holographic glyph) for locked lockers such as traditional red (or another colour if colour blindness is an issue) would be much better.

locker1_zpszmbeqccp.jpg

This difficulty of perceiving the state in which it is, is due to the surface of the new desing of the lockers, to have a clear and bright surface...
This way it is not possible to identify in which situation it is...
If you break that brightness a bit and make it a little darker and use the same green and red that was used in the old locker (previous), I believe it will get better!  😉

Archived