Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.6

[DE]Megan

12 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

It says something about your game rules when you have to constantly break those rules for things to work.

You guys make the rules; why not make functional ones?

By adding in countless arbitrary exceptions you only punish players who use anything but the most mainstream generic +damage builds when entire parts of their builds can be rendered useless without them knowing ahead of time.

This. Exactly this.

2 minutes ago, AzDeveloper said:

First, I think will much better way to handle Archwings cooldown:

Other than that, i was pretty dissapointed in the archwing. It isn't anywhere near "beefy damage output" as Rebb promised, it's even weaker than our primaries. Please DE, buff the Archwings.

All they need to do is remove those terrible mods. Archiwing base stats are fine all they need is to be able to scale properly.

I see many people don't enjoy the "playing" of the game.
It's almost like a "must do"
Some, they totally don't accept playing 20 minutes in exchange of a silly reward.
We supposed to play  for fun.. but we don't. Fun, can be until you unlock the entire star chart. From there on, is all grind
When i needed fieldron..  i had to run many boring repetitive missions just to have it, was no fun. I bet, wasn't fun for you either.
And since we play for the reward, our goal is to get it as fast as we can, while  DE insist on making the play longer, boring and dull, nerfing. Because from their perspective, it's not fun.
It has to be fun for them.. not for you, the player. Why so ? Because the more frustrated you get farming... eventually you will  give up and buy things.
I don't say it's bad.. after all, it's a business , all about money. Many don't even play.. just trade. This is crazy.. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb mkoo33:

I see many people don't enjoy the "playing" of the game.
It's almost like a "must do"
Some, they totally don't accept playing 20 minutes in exchange of a silly reward.
We supposed to play  for fun.. but we don't. Fun, can be until you unlock the entire star chart. From there on, is all grind
When i needed fieldron..  i had to run many boring repetitive missions just to have it, was no fun. I bet, wasn't fun for you either.
And since we play for the reward, our goal is to get it as fast as we can, while  DE insist on making the play longer, boring and dull, nerfing. Because from their perspective, it's not fun.
It has to be fun for them.. not for you, the player. Why so ? Because the more frustrated you get farming... eventually you will  give up and buy things.
I don't say it's bad.. after all, it's a business , all about money. Many don't even play.. just trade. This is crazy.. 

From what I saw in other games its bad for business to take the fun away from the players. They are tending more to leave insteat of buying. They buy if they like something even if the grind is fun people are more likely to pay to get it faster. But having no fun at all resulting in deinstallation, not comming back, not paying anymore, and well at the end the game is dead cause no players, no money to maintain.

I am really curious about the stream later. I somehow feel that the chat wont be so nice this time.

Could you guys please reverse the Staticor nerf? The new effects on its chraged shot are cool and all but the Staticor isn't what it was when the splash radius was 9 metres. Now it is just like a normal pistol with a little AoE splash like the Tombfinger. When we have frames who can wipe out the whole map with the push of a button why nerf a weapon which does the same just in a smaller scale? That's kinda dumb, right? Please, for the love of God make the Staticor fun again.

Actually, I do have something to add to what DiabolusUrsus said. Right now the Profit-Taker heist is the culmination of a trend present in certain other boss fights, such as Lephantis and the eidolons. It plays as a whole separate game mode, like Archwing, or Conclave. It plays by completely different rules not found anywhere else in the game, while old, well-established rules that govern the rest of the game do not apply. And it requires a completely separate build not used for anything else in the game.

And now our options of dealing with this fight are reduced even further. What problem does this solve? What does this improve? I dunno, is there a monthly bonus at DE tied to the average time players spend fighting this boss or something? Why is it desirable to make this fight take longer?

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Arch-Gun Changes & Fixes:

• Shared Affinity gain now applies to Atmosphere Arch-Guns but only while equipped in the main hand.
  • Fixed not having a Arch-Gun equipped by default (if they own an Archwing primary weapon with the Gravimag installed) when changing Loadouts .
  • Fixed an issue where players with Arch-Guns in their loadout couldn't Wall Latch.
  • Fixed Chroma not playing Arch-Gun equip/charged fire animations.
  • Fixed the Imperator and Imperator Vandal reload sounds playing non-positional.

Why are you still tweaking this terrible system instead of scrapping it and making archguns normal weapons like everybody wanted? Why not listen to all the complaints? Archguns in normal missions was the feature a lot of us were looking forward to more than anything, and to find out it works with a gear item and on a cooldown is just absolutely horrible. I've been playing this game for years and spending money on it, and this has honestly completely killed all desire to play for me. Such a huge disappointment.

If their resources drops outperform other missions that give same resources, no one will do other missions. In the end we result in a similar situation like credit farming: Seimeni for lowends and Index for highends. This is not necessarily bad, players always optimally allocate their activities. Essential problem is if this resource has a proper drop rate overall.

Bosses are all immune to some dmg mechanisms in one way or another, this makes sense considering that if they are not so, then they are no different from those non-bosses. I expect more fine tuning to come to make bosses better fit their title. It would still be better to give immunities some justification tho

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Shattering Impact Mod breaking the Profit-Taker. Profit-Taker is now immune to Armor Reduction. 

Really really confusing.

Does Shield Disruption work against Profit-Taker?
Does Corrosive Projection work against Profit-Taker?
Does Stand United??
Cleanse Corpus?
EMP Aura?
Mecha Empowered?
Dead Eye?
Magnetic damage effects?
Void Strike, Phoenix Spirit & Talons of Madurai?
Void Blast?
Bane of Corpus?
Fire DoT?
Fully Charged Balistica Prime?
Adaptation?
Rift Torrent?
Reflection?
Enemy Radar?
Charged Chamber?
Intensify?
Codex Scanner?
Does Pressure Point work against Profit Taker?

Can someone answer ALL of these questions?
Can @[DE]Megan?
I really wonder.

After reading this patch note I really don't have any reason to fight that boss. I have an horrid internet connection (because yes, humans can live outside big cities with good internet) and I run almost everything on solo and obviously this wasn't an exception. What I got? A chaotic fight with endless spawn of enemies, getting hit from everywhere, serious fps drops, a big gun with COOLDOWN (that cooldown forces me to JUST use that gun when I summon it, bc its the only gun who harms the boss), AWFUL reward pool, a TIMER IN THE FINAL PHASE!!! If u (like me) were out of ammo, it's over. Now u nerf something who make the fight a little easier for those players who can't or just don't wanna go in groups. Dunno, this isnt fun at all, im not playing this and actually im thinking about take a looooong stasis dream on warframe

Wow....DE, I love you guys, and that's why I throw money at you happily, but you have no clue what you're doing with this Profit Taker fight and Arch-guns, do you?

The Arch-guns are still useless (any timer on their use at all makes them unreliable pieces of kit, plus they're weak), and now you go and make Shattering Impact on the Sarpa (a long loved boss fight tactic) useless in a fight that no one enjoys anyway?

Just....wow.

I'm contemplating taking a break from Warframe until you guys figure out what you're doing with it.  I haven't had my excitement for a release so thoroughly dashed since Games Workshop released Primaris Marines.....

1 час назад, Vyprime сказал:
  • Исправлена остановка прогрессии Profit-Taker Bounty 1, если игроки присоединялись к игре на стадии рыбалки.
  • Исправлена остановка прогрессии Profit-Taker Bounty 2, когда директор не появлялся.

Наконец-то, ребята, теперь давайте разберемся с какой-нибудь Vega : 3

same problem. no fix

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed the Shattering Impact Mod breaking the Profit-Taker. Profit-Taker is now immune to Armor Reduction. 

As a solo player, not exactly happy about this, but I can understand why it was make and I'll  have to see how well I can perform after the changes.

That aside, this is not a good way of changing enemies to be "tankier". Please try to make aspects of the game more consistent instead of adding these hidden exceptions here and there. Most players won't know about these exceptions unless they read the patch notes or looked it up on the wiki or a video. If everything is more consistent, the game will be easier to understand. Some players will build weapons for corrosive or use Shattering Impact and wonder why the armor is never reduced.

An better solution instead of making it immune to Shattering Impact is to remove its "irremovable" armor and increase its health to match its previous effective health pool with the armor. That way, players won't be scratching their heads wondering why they can't remove that armor. There is the matter of weakness since Robotic doesn't perform the same as Robotic + Alloy Armor, but that can be solved with some EHP tweaking.

Instead of continuing down this "exception-based" rabbit-hole, these new solutions should be made without deviating too far from what you can expect in the game.

EDIT:

My impressions of the fight after this fix. Not bad. It still felt like it took the same time. I solo'd it in 10 minutes (based on mission time). The armor only dampens your attacks with your arch-gun since armor does not apply to shields and you can only damage its non-shield with your arch-gun. Taking down the shields solo still took a vast majority of my time. I have a 3 forma'd Imperator Vandal with maxed archwing mod prior to this update so it did not really reduce my effectiveness. This change will really only impact those that have not invested the time and forma into building/fully modding their archwing weapons. I STILL stand by my suggestion of making the game more consistent instead of creating these hidden exceptions. 

Archived