Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.6

[DE]Megan

4 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

After reading this patch note I really don't have any reason to fight that boss. I have an horrid internet connection (because yes, humans can live outside big cities with good internet) and I run almost everything on solo and obviously this wasn't an exception. What I got? A chaotic fight with endless spawn of enemies, getting hit from everywhere, serious fps drops, a big gun with COOLDOWN (that cooldown forces me to JUST use that gun when I summon it, bc its the only gun who harms the boss), AWFUL reward pool, a TIMER IN THE FINAL PHASE!!! If u (like me) were out of ammo, it's over. Now u nerf something who make the fight a little easier for those players who can't or just don't wanna go in groups. Dunno, this isnt fun at all, im not playing this and actually im thing about take a looooong stasis dream on warframe

You are not alone.
Fortuna was a big disappointment (at least for me) . Basically it's a Plains with a facelift.
Fishing, mining, rank up the syndicate in order to access "things" .   Vanilla ice cream will always be  vanilla.. no matter how you serve it 🙂
So i play it a bit, just to have a clue about what's going on.. but i just won't  repeat the Plains of the Eidolons experience.  

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.6

Profit-Taker Fixes:

• Fixed ability to double-up on Profit-Taker drops if a Host Migration occurred (coal for you!).
  • Fixed a Profit-Taker Bounty 1 progression stopper if players join-in-progress during the fishing stage.
  • Fixed a Profit-Taker Bounty 2 progression stopper where a Director wouldn’t spawn.
  • Fixed the Shattering Impact Mod breaking the Profit-Taker. Profit-Taker is now immune to Armor Reduction. 

There have been many complaints about the rewards. I'm hoping this is only temporary until all the imperfections/tax loopholes have been removed. :D 

I find these changes to be cool for the people who grinded. And that is great, all the power too them. but the grinding for this mission and basically, all of Fortuna is just a grinding nightmare. You want boards,  do these things, alright. You want to do the orb mother mission, you need rare bonds or hours of mining and other things to rank up (if you buy bonds or whatever)and play, a little excessive but ok, but Vox Solaris is the worst, I have spent close to 1-1.5 hours at the enrichment labs to get toroids, in that time I got 2, of course these are 3 separate ones lasting from (estimated) 30 minutes(solo),15(solo), and 45(in a team of 4). these times may be off by a few minutes, I only got the 2 in the 45-minute run, with thieves wit, and equinox's 4th ability as well as teammates scanning the ground for drops and pinning the locations, we got 2 calda toroids, now I don't know if the spawns for the different types of toroids but this is just an absolute nightmare for people who want Baruuk (if I'm spelling it right) and don't have millions of credits and or resources because they don't want to play the orb Vallis as much others do but here I am grinding away my sanity

DE let me put this as simply as I can. AW guns suck. Velocitus? Vectis Prime, Rubico Prime, Veulkar Wraith. Fluctus? Arca Plasmor, Catchmoon, Staticor, Excalibur. Imperators and Phaedra? Tenora, Soma, Braton Vandal, Mesa. Corvas? Don't make me laugh. Tigris Prime. Whoever thinks that they're a "powerful alternative that needs to be restricted" has no idea how to mod properly, and that's without Riven Mods. Remove the stupid cooldown, especially if you're going to keep nerfing ways to deal with what is already an annoying boss with no decent rewards.

Credits and Bonds? You have to be an Old Mate just to get to the fight. You don't need bonds at that point. Credits? I haven't seen anyone lower than MR15 in any OM fight, and the average is well over MR20+. We don't need a paltry sum of credits. We know where the index is. Having it drop toroids and the new build components would make much more sense. Especially considering that is made out of them. What, did the OM have a sudden pang of conscience and decide to buy some bonds from Ticker?

As for the new component rewards, you need to double check that those boosts to drop chance's actually went in. I went from around 700 standing to 47,700 standing from doing the second bounty alone yesterday, over the course of 10 hours and the daily reset. Well over 50 runs. 40/4/0 Gyro/ Atmo/ Repellor. To quote Vay Hek, "Look brothers- er, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE." How is someone with a normal 9-5 job supposed to farm these things? What about new players for that matter? The Orb fight gives us the standing for Little Duck, who I already want to burn with an Ignis on account of the in-game dialogue, but you will be well past your cap for the next rank before you can even get the things you need to rank up. The fact that relics are even in the rare rewards in the first place is a joke. 

Even if you get the Atmos and Repellors, need to go and farm the other Toroids, which is straight up miserable. Killing small groups of 4-6 enemies at a time when you need to kill around 150 for one drop isn't fun. And no, "Get a booster" is not a valid reason. Waiting for the other two OM's to get added and have a slim chance of giving you some toroids… who thought that would be a good idea? Just because some youtubers already have more than they need doesn't mean the rest of us do. All this is doing is making me want to farm up the exact amount of toroids I need to rank up, then spam the OM fight for the standing. Once that's done, I'll get the one amp I want (which will also take even more repellors than are needed to rank up) and then I won't even bother with the other two Orb Mothers.

Seriously. Kitguns are great, the Vallis is great, the Futurama reference is awesome, conservation... well, that was good, but whatever. Throwing up a wall like this is just disappointing. Trying to force players to repeat the same crap mission that just gives out relics we don't need isn't going to keep people on the Vallis, it's going to make them leave as soon as they can. And as for new players who aren't fortunate enough to have been playing for almost three years? Good luck.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Corpus Lockers/Caches that can be opened now display a holographic symbol to indicate such. Corpus Lockers/Caches without the holographic symbol cannot be opened

•  

That.. is way tooo freaky. I was just saying today that the caches should have a symbol to show that you can open it. What.

Barruk is a very nice warframe but i have some issues with the 2nd ability 1st issue: The surface on which you are standing if u cast that sleep ability it will take effect on the enemy but will not take effect if the enemy is on a higher surface like in Hydron you know where the defense pod is down and enemies jump from the top like that, 2nd issue: If the enemy is hideing behind a wall or takeing cover it will not work, 3rd issue: Not a big issue but if u cast without looking at the enemy (line of sight) it works on a few enemies like 2/10 so my question to you DE nad the guys who are reading this now are 
1. Was this intended?
2. Is this ability broken/ non user friendly?
3. The ppl who are reading this do you guys feel the same about Barruks 2nd ability?
4. Should it be changed to equinox's sleep ability like  cast and enemies will go to sleep no matter if they are hiding or on a surface above you?

Baruuk Ability information: LULL
A calming wave slows enemies until they fall into a slumber. Enemies woken by damage will be confused and disoriented. Short-term amnesia means all waking enemies forget anything that happened before the lull.

Equinox Ability information: 
Rest & Rage
In Night Form targets are put to sleep. In Day Form targets become more vulnerable to damage.

2 hours ago, lyneca said:

I mean, Chroma was pretty much a given before - now it's all but mandatory.

Not really. One shotting body with no armor reduction and two shotting legs with velocitus.. as of day before yesterday. 

What annoys me though is dmg caps. Just give it more health. Id rather have to shoot it more per vulnerability cycle than hit the cap with one shot. 

38 minutes ago, Hyohakusha said:

DE let me put this as simply as I can. AW guns suck. Velocitus? Vectis Prime, Rubico Prime, Veulkar Wraith. Fluctus? Arca Plasmor, Catchmoon, Staticor, Excalibur. Imperators and Phaedra? Tenora, Soma, Braton Vandal, Mesa. Corvas? Don't make me laugh. Tigris Prime. Whoever thinks that they're a "powerful alternative that needs to be restricted" has no idea how to mod properly, and that's without Riven Mods. Remove the stupid cooldown, especially if you're going to keep nerfing ways to deal with what is already an annoying boss with no decent rewards.

Credits and Bonds? You have to be an Old Mate just to get to the fight. You don't need bonds at that point. Credits? I haven't seen anyone lower than MR15 in any OM fight, and the average is well over MR20+. We don't need a paltry sum of credits. We know where the index is. Having it drop toroids and the new build components would make much more sense. Especially considering that is made out of them. What, did the OM have a sudden pang of conscience and decide to buy some bonds from Ticker?

As for the new component rewards, you need to double check that those boosts to drop chance's actually went in. I went from around 700 standing to 47,700 standing from doing the second bounty alone yesterday, over the course of 10 hours and the daily reset. Well over 50 runs. 40/4/0 Gyro/ Atmo/ Repellor. To quote Vay Hek, "Look brothers- er, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE." How is someone with a normal 9-5 job supposed to farm these things? What about new players for that matter? The Orb fight gives us the standing for Little Duck, who I already want to burn with an Ignis on account of the in-game dialogue, but you will be well past your cap for the next rank before you can even get the things you need to rank up. The fact that relics are even in the rare rewards in the first place is a joke. 

Even if you get the Atmos and Repellors, need to go and farm the other Toroids, which is straight up miserable. Killing small groups of 4-6 enemies at a time when you need to kill around 150 for one drop isn't fun. And no, "Get a booster" is not a valid reason. Waiting for the other two OM's to get added and have a slim chance of giving you some toroids… who thought that would be a good idea? Just because some youtubers already have more than they need doesn't mean the rest of us do. All this is doing is making me want to farm up the exact amount of toroids I need to rank up, then spam the OM fight for the standing. Once that's done, I'll get the one amp I want (which will also take even more repellors than are needed to rank up) and then I won't even bother with the other two Orb Mothers.

Seriously. Kitguns are great, the Vallis is great, the Futurama reference is awesome, conservation... well, that was good, but whatever. Throwing up a wall like this is just disappointing. Trying to force players to repeat the same crap mission that just gives out relics we don't need isn't going to keep people on the Vallis, it's going to make them leave as soon as they can. And as for new players who aren't fortunate enough to have been playing for almost three years? Good luck.

She said there is plans for more but nothing commited to so no reveals yet. But tthat at least implies a better reward eventually so... yay-ish?

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix!

Does this mean Corrosive Projection no longer works either? I understood Shield Disruption to be consistent with the Eidolon fix from 2017, but continuously nerfing gear to make the mission take longer doesn't make it more enjoyable. We need profile stats for Orb kills, or other things to make us want to play it over and over. Non-craftable Arcanes will not last long.

Also, still no fix for the UI bug with K-Drive Mastery showing "Unranked" as per:

You can solo the fight in under 10 minutes without CorrProjection already, saying they're "continuously nerfing gear to make the mission take longer" is extremely hyperbolic since it's already a quick fight AND you never needed it in the first place. If you're struggling THAT hard with the orb fight in it's current iteration, it's probably a sign you need to upgrade your gear.

Also, it's a big world-boss, it should be immune to these things. Just as it is immune to status effects and CC.

Archived