Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's passive side effect

Beelpa

The Garuda passive should give her the side effect like at 100% power with it you will have 100% slash proc without building 200% power strength same with multiplier on her 1 and the lifesteal on her 2, with that her passive will be not just a power boost but a really good buff !

There isn't really a need for that. Reaching 200% power strength is actually easy with the new arcane changes. Furthermore reaching 200% for the slash proc is honestly a dps trap. 99% of the time you don't need it as the setup for her 1 takes too long and people (or your 4th ability's damage depending on the level) kill the targets fast with or without the slash debuff. (Endless aside) You should aim for the closest number because her 1 benefits from power strength regardless and 90%~ slash proc is still good but don't over commit, like 170-180 is still fine. 

What would actually be a nice change would be if the percentage damage buff wasn't completely linked to your health when your health goes back up.

Say you bloodlet twice down to 2 hp, you're at 100% buff, but then you heal back up to full. As of now the buff goes back to 0%, but what if it instead decayed slowly? For example in the same situation as before, but instead when you heal back to full it doesn't immediately go to 0%, but instead slowly decay from 100% down to whatever percentage it normally would go down to.

That way the passive would actually be useful, and you wouldn't be punished for healing back up, and you have a reason to bloodlet other than for energy.

17 minutes ago, birdobash said:

What would actually be a nice change would be if the percentage damage buff wasn't completely linked to your health when your health goes back up.

Say you bloodlet twice down to 2 hp, you're at 100% buff, but then you heal back up to full. As of now the buff goes back to 0%, but what if it instead decayed slowly? For example in the same situation as before, but instead when you heal back to full it doesn't immediately go to 0%, but instead slowly decay from 100% down to whatever percentage it normally would go down to.

That way the passive would actually be useful, and you wouldn't be punished for healing back up, and you have a reason to bloodlet other than for energy.

Yeah this is what i'm thinking about with her Passive because the way she loses her buff is the biggest issue about it and why her Passive don't work with her Kit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Yeah this is what i'm thinking about with her Passive because the way she loses her buff is the biggest issue about it and why her Passive don't work with her Kit.

I want to argue that it's not so much that it doesn't work with her kit but rather that it doesn't work with her second ability. As a QT garuda who mostly use equipment to regenerate health over her 2, I actually benefit from her passive most of the time except when some random bring rejuvenation which would be moreless the same as that slow decay regardless. Truthfully her second ability being less efficient at keeping the passive up than my equipment is much more problematic. It really shouldn't be or if it should, it should give me a different dimension to the kit but it just doesn't as of now no matter what you mod for. 

I am not against a fix to recovery ruining the passive but I feel like it mainly benefits Garuda players that focus on health and recovery which I doubt the passive is geared toward. As someone who gear toward the passive I'd much rather see it fixed through an augment. For instance something for her 3rd ability that would give a good bonus but as a "negative" would prevent healing for 5-8sec adding some control for yourself to her second ability while still providing for others. "Or" incorporate both so that on one end health garudas can have access to the passive and QT garudas can use that augment more effectively while still having a small advantage on the use of the passive. 

Edited by Shelusine

1 hour ago, Shelusine said:

I want to argue that it's not so much that it doesn't work with her kit but rather that it doesn't work with her second ability. As a QT garuda who mostly use equipment to regenerate health over her 2, I actually benefit from her passive most of the time except when some random bring rejuvenation which would be moreless the same as that slow decay regardless. Truthfully her second ability being less efficient at keeping the passive up than my equipment is much more problematic. It really shouldn't be or if it should, it should give me a different dimension to the kit but it just doesn't as of now no matter what you mod for. 

I am not against a fix to recovery ruining the passive but I feel like it mainly benefits Garuda players that focus on health and recovery which I doubt the passive is geared toward. As someone who gear toward the passive I'd much rather see it fixed through an augment. For instance something for her 3rd ability that would give a good bonus but as a "negative" would prevent healing for 5-8sec adding some control for yourself to her second ability while still providing for others. "Or" incorporate both so that on one end health garudas can have access to the passive and QT garudas can use that augment more effectively while still having a small advantage on the use of the passive. 

I would rather the passive have a change than to band aid fix it with an augment.

On 2018-12-24 at 12:11 AM, GPrime96 said:

I don't feel that's an issue. I use the heal to empower Bloodletting to get energy back. It's not contradictory, it's a choice. One that's very quick to adjust.

I do agree with a damage boost decay to her passive, though. The reason being other players. Especially due to Oberon's Renewal. It heals so fast and continuously that I've nearly lost the damage boost as soon I've got it. And unlike Blood Alter, Gaurda players have no conntrol over that. This makes the two frames work terribly together.

If the damage boost decayed at a slower rate, then Oberon and other frames with heals could provide some strong synergy with Garuda.

Edited by Roboplus
Clarification
  • Like 1

On 2018-12-24 at 4:22 PM, Shelusine said:

though I already have my own setup to keep Garuda passive on with QT, I always open for new options.
that said, do you mind sharing your build?

21 hours ago, koryfunny said:

though I already have my own setup to keep Garuda passive on with QT, I always open for new options.
that said, do you mind sharing your build?

Sure. I usually run one of these 2 variations. Range when the level is below 60, flow when I don't want to think too much or do sorties. 

ZReVXwO.jpgtSyMcEn.jpg

• Like 1

Her kit works pretty well overall and her passive is one of the strongest in the game.

You can't drop Altars with a buncha Power Range then complain her passive isn't working right. I wouldn't use any more than base Power Range on Garuda. Use Altars as a fueling station for energy then step out of them. There's not much reason to have more than one up at a time really unless you're using it for CC.

You have a choice. Play Healer and do base damage or Play damage. Given how amazing her 4th ability is I'd recommend damage. Oberon and Trinity? Yea it sucks if you're trying to get that x2 damage but at the same time they're giving infinite energy without having to use Altars or Elevate sets. It's not ideal but it's not awful either.

Her shield being able to move vertical when she's in the air is the only thing I'd push to change and be able to block things like Napalm shots. Anything else puts at risk a very powerful team frame with some cool out of the box combos I've never been able to enjoy before. She can one-shot groups of enemies at any level. No joke. It's crazy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Anything else puts at risk a very powerful team frame with some cool out of the box combos I've never been able to enjoy before. 

This would be true if it wasn’t so easy to find random Bite Sized Players, making Solo only option unless you went for a planned out Squad.

7 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

This would be true if it wasn’t so easy to find random Bite Sized Players, making Solo only option unless you went for a planned out Squad.

DE should probably reconsider that bite size Warframe concept. The player retention is more spiked than ever.

No one likes spamming a mission 200+ times but at the same time we have to sit in Survival for 2-3 hours Solo just to push a build.

I think they got something with this Alert system in Fortuna. They just need to expand it. The scaling speed is great for players who like to push the limits and it's elective so players who don't want to fight lvl 300+ enemies can avoid doing so. They should consider removing the scaling cap and adding endless bounties and other mission types. I actually had some fun fighting lvl 125 enemies because they're closer to lvl 200 in actual toughness and damage output which is just under my usual Solo target range.

In truth against a well geared team nothing Garuda does works or is needed in the bite size concept. Enemies die so quickly it's hard to even get her shield up. Players don't need healing because we have Grace / Elevate and other methods and we don't need Bleed procs because again, enemies are weak enough under lvl 100 to just die. Garuda is another one of those frames where you don't see her beauty until you're higher in levels where thinking about team comp actually becomes a thing. Players working together rather than competing with each other. Players pre-made for Eidolons and they pre-made for Endurance runs. DE just needs to get somewhere in between for other parts of the game.

But I can't put blame on Garuda. The fault is in the game itself and how content is presented to players.