Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Major Nezha Warding halo bug

Cirayu

After Many tests I have concluded that nezha's Warding halo actually takes 3 times the amount of damage it should, 

An example for  context:

Shooting an Ogris at the floor under me deals 180 damage to my shields ( ogris has no mods) Nezha mods are as follows: Redirection, Primed Vigor, Augur Accord ( all max rank).

With my halo on, I take 18 damage ( 180 / 10 = 18 so this makes sense)

My halo ( base halo of 1497) goes to 837, (540 damage taken to halo)

to check if this is correct, I repeated from the halo I had 837,  I took 18 to shields,  but the halo took 540 down to 357.

I shot once again to the ground ( I should be taking 180 to the halo but I am not),  the 357 halo is completely removed and I take a total of 73 damage.

this means that the halo is not successful in reducing the damage I take by 90% if any damage that it takes exceeded more than 1/3 of the remaining health of the halo.

if we assume I should be taking 18 damage form the ogris shot as stated ( 180/10)  then  73 - 18  = 55 more damage that I took.

So inconclusion: My nezha halo takes 3x the damage inflicted, 

The absorption multiplier at base is 2.5x, which is 0.5x more than the damage it takes, meaning that the halo is not as  resilient as it is supposed to be, I was wondering why I kept randomly dying when I should clearly have enough damage reduction, and this is why, it isn't reducing  any damage that deals more than 1/3 of the remaining health. so if you have 3k shield exactly,  1050 damage taken will mean you   take  ( 1050 / 10) + 50

meaning 155 damage taken.

19 minutes ago, Perye said:

The performance of nezha's 3 obviously?

The category "Performance" Is not based on a Warframes skill, but your computer and your games performance. PC Bugs if you had just clicked on that and posted there, would of been more appropriate because it is more or less general bugs.

Great how you bout that off like it's the correct answer.

Ogris deals 700 base damage, the type is blast ok? Warding Halo Absorbs 90% of all incoming damage ok? For arguments sake I went and threw mods off of my Ogris, put on my Warding Halo on Nezha with the current loadout. He has 5,733. I fire 1 shot with the Ogris and I have 5,193 left. That means I indeed took 540 damage just like you did right? But... if Warding Halo Absorbs 90% of all incoming damage, and Ogris deals 700. 10% of 700 is not 540, but more is it not? Would that not be 630 damage it should be taking? So this means your shields should be taking 160 of the remaining damage. Which mine takes just 18 afterwards.

The shields are actually absorbing more damage than Warding Halo does. This only means your shields are far tougher than Warding Halo, and because Warding Halo Absorbs 90% of ALL incoming damage, it's much more effective than advertised.

5 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

The category "Performance" Is not based on a Warframes skill, but your computer and your games performance. PC Bugs if you had just clicked on that and posted there, would of been more appropriate because it is more or less general bugs.

Great how you bout that off like it's the correct answer.

Ogris deals 700 base damage, the type is blast ok? Warding Halo Absorbs 90% of all incoming damage ok? For arguments sake I went and threw mods off of my Ogris, put on my Warding Halo on Nezha with the current loadout. He has 5,733. I fire 1 shot with the Ogris and I have 5,193 left. That means I indeed took 540 damage just like you did right? But... if Warding Halo Absorbs 90% of all incoming damage, and Ogris deals 700. 10% of 700 is not 540, but more is it not? Would that not be 630 damage it should be taking? So this means your shields should be taking 160 of the remaining damage. Which mine takes just 18 afterwards.

The shields are actually absorbing more damage than Warding Halo does. This only means your shields are far tougher than Warding Halo, and because Warding Halo Absorbs 90% of ALL incoming damage, it's much more effective than advertised.

I actually explained in my post,  the amount of damage I took without halo is 180,  with halo 18, so yes it is 10%,  the halo is take 3x the damage I should be taking. the Halo reduces damage you take, so why is the amount it loses 3x what you should take?

17 minutes ago, Perye said:

I actually explained in my post,  the amount of damage I took without halo is 180,  with halo 18, so yes it is 10%,  the halo is take 3x the damage I should be taking. the Halo reduces damage you take, so why is the amount it loses 3x what you should take?

And I said it's suppose to take 90% of the damage you'd take. Ogris itself deals 700, and your warding halo will take 90% of ALL incoming damage, while I am betting you take reduced damages now from self dmg weapons because of people complaining, thus your halo takes 540 instead. Because again,  it takes 90% of ALL incoming damages. It wasn't given an accountable reduction in self damage.

That's a theory anyway.

Edited by Alcatraz

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

lAnd I said it's suppose to take 90% of the damage you'd take. Ogris itself deals 700, and your warding halo will take 90% of ALL incoming damage, while I am betting you take reduced damages now from self dmg weapons because of people complaining, thus why your halo takes 540 instead. Because it again, takes 90% of ALL incoming damages. It wasn't given an accountable reduction in self damage.

That's a theory anyway.

the damage I would take is 180, the damage listed on ogris is irrelevant if the damage I take is 180.  Edit: And w ehave a =90% self damage mod, so why do people complain 😧

Edited by Perye
stuff

Which you may have seen in recent patch notes, that mod was recently added and the forums have quieted a bit about having self damage reduced.

But to back up your original post if it is a bug, I've added in my first reply that I too took same amounts of damage.