Grind

Shinobipanther

Grinding is the core of Warframe but it's also a hindrance to enjoyment -at least to me. Almost everything requires a lot of time invested from farming Kuva, to those darn focus trees. I generally don't mind grind since I;m a former Monster Hunter player but when the grind becomes a hit or miss like earlier today what happened to me. I was doing a Kuva farm in Eris where the main mission was a capture one. I focused on the Kuva Siphon first to not lose any clouds only for the mission to fail since the capture target escaped. Me being very irritable just exited the game. Similar occasion happened during focus farming where messing the stealth multiplier would just ruined the entire farm session which is just such a pain. I know there will be people saying "just use  equinox, banshee or whatever". Which is good advice seeing the focus points those frames accumulate but I don;t have Equinox and that requires a grind to do - so I must grind to grind. I Have Banshee however not a good Banshee build. 

Everything is meant to be picture perfect which is infuriating seeing that I'm a student whose also balancing a job - I don't have much time. And also don't get me started on the rivens, how they appear on sorties - which could arrive as a reward or not. Even when you do acquire one there's another layer of rng when revealing it. Then when you get your riven you might be interested in getting more kuva to reroll it, if it was a bad first reveal. You go back to farming Kuva like a child that's suppose to clean the dishes. I'll say this, I don't have a problem with farming in general it's just I hate it when you screw up once and you have to start over which is just a waste of time.

Yeah, Warframe is a grindy game and unfortunately isn't as rewarding as it could be. Nothing is really that impossible to get, still, there are exceptions where grind is bigger and where not. Khora is still an issue even through I have her already. The pain of slowly grinding her via slow Sanctuary Onslaught runs is one of the worst experiences I have for entire time of playing. DE's sense of grind sometimes works pretty well but sometimes not, a human element is always here. I wish DE could just do better job at this, no one wants things to be easy, but no one also wants things to take weeks, unfortunately, some content is locked exactly behind this. It's not bad in general but let's be honest, wouldn't for example Mutalist Alad work better if team of 2-4 people did one run, with same amount of keys as members of team, those keys would be consumed and that one run would yield them equal amount of random parts for Mesa? Removing those 3 runs would really speed things up while keeping requirement same. It's not purely about RNG but also about how many times you have to run single mission to even get what you need.

Edited by CoreXCZ

1 hour ago, LupisV0lk said:

The grind has to be there, otherwise it's CoNtEnT DrOuGhT all over again.

grind doesn't have anything to do with content drought<> content drought all started when DE started doing cinematic quests which took more time so less content in favor of one big one like archwing, fortuna POE etc. before then we had more smaller quests and lots of tac alerts which in itself had the same grind but it was much more bearable because  smaller quest/updates. now its the opposite and players are saying bs as quoted above.

as for rewards, back then it was way easier to get new/rare mods to enhance your playstyle and the game was really fun to fire up and dive in, now you have to psych up yourself just to fire up warframe to as you say "grind" which is a far cry from playing and having fun.

Edited by ranks21