Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to make Harrows buffs not reset when falling off the map

birdobash

Harrows buffs are a key part of his kit, and unlike other frames he has to actively work to keep them up (alongside chroma vex armor), so losing every single buff if you get pulled off the edge due to something like an ancient always sucks.

I vote to make his buffs not break when he gets pulled off edges, maybe even all frames not lose buffs when falling off edges.

Edited by birdobash

20 minutes ago, birdobash said:

Petition to make Harrows buffs not reset when falling off the map

20 minutes ago, birdobash said:

Harrows buffs are a key part of his kit, and unlike other frames he has to actively work to keep them up,

So you're saying to me because Harrow gets knocked off an edge and reset, or falls off the edge, he shouldn't lose his powers. So a Rhino with Ironskin up that falls off the edge and gets reset, powers turned off, and possibly killed isn't like Harrow? Or Wukong with Defy up, getting hit with an impact or blast proc, or even a shockwave from a heavy gunner which knocks him off the edge, reset and powers turned off is unlike Harrow at all?

It's for consistency's sake that Harrow is very much like all the other frames. You get knocked off, or didn't think about where you're standing when you know what type of enemies are about you, is actually your fault. You can't always control the battlefield, I get that. But saying Harrow is any different in this regard, is false.

It's annoying when any of your abilities disappear when you get thrown/flung/blasted/knocked into the abyss, especially when you know what is waiting for you the split-second you respawn, but it is what it is 😥

Edited by 8LacK5naK3
late night typo fever

7 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

So you're saying to me because Harrow gets knocked off an edge and reset, or falls off the edge, he shouldn't lose his powers. So a Rhino with Ironskin up that falls off the edge and gets reset, powers turned off, and possibly killed isn't like Harrow? Or Wukong with Defy up, getting hit with an impact or blast proc, or even a shockwave from a heavy gunner which knocks him off the edge, reset and powers turned off is unlike Harrow at all?

It's for consistency's sake that Harrow is very much like all the other frames. You get knocked off, or didn't think about where you're standing when you know what type of enemies are about you, is actually your fault. You can't always control the battlefield, I get that. But saying Harrow is any different in this regard, is false.

1: rhino is completely immune to cc so if you fall off as a rhino then it's your own fault

2: unlike many other frames (except chroma) harrow doesnt just pull his buffs out of his energy pool directly, he needs to combo string his buffs and keep them up at all times to be effective. He cant just press 2 like rhino and wukong can and suddenly the buffs are instantly back, it takes at least half a minute to get all of your buffs up at the same time and stable.

Edited by birdobash

18 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

That used to be how it worked. It ended up causing problems with abilities getting stuck in an "in use" state, and you couldn't recast. So now active effects get wiped to avoid that problem.

Kinda sounds like a band-aid fix if you ask me. But I never knew about that, thx for the knowledge lol.

Also it seems like abilities still sometimes get stuck in "in-use" states, I think mostly with the operator dying or something, cus it seems to happen most often during eidolons when you're popping into operator mode and it dies a lot.

Edited by birdobash

1 hour ago, Archeyef said:

That used to be how it worked. It ended up causing problems with abilities getting stuck in an "in use" state, and you couldn't recast. So now active effects get wiped to avoid that problem.

That...has got to be the single laziest way of dealing with a bug. 

I'm with a lot of the others. Almost every frame has a buff or duration effect that gets reset when you hit a boundary reset.

The argument that Harrow doesn't just cast and get results is not applicable because technically he can. He just gets the base minimum effect of his ability. What you're doing with Harrow is using a risk/reward function to get a better result out of his abilities, and one of those risks is that if you charge it up there are many effects that can remove it. This is no more risky than, and far less unexpected as, when you run a Fissure mission and a Nullifier drops on your head.

I can understand your frustration, but I think it's also because of Harrow's ability to charge up and get better results out of his abilities that he is not going to become the exception to the rule.

At the very least, the one instance where buffs shouldn't get wiped is forced map transitions e.g. in Sabotage (maybe SO).

Also, if it's okay for Inaros to get reimbursed (Health-wise) for getting nulli'd / OOB'd, maybe give other Frames a similar feature,
like, give back a % of the Energy cost depending on how much Duration was left or something (within limits, to prevent exploitation).

Furthermore,  I'd very much appreciate it if (sometimes way-too-low) OOB-reset ceilings were replaced with invisible ceilings,
and that pits that you can still totally bullet jump out of were a bit less aggressive in OOB-ing you, as well.

In addition, going back to our friends the Nullifiers, Nidus has his Mutation stacks drained slowly while in contact with a Nulli bubble,
I think a similar thing could be implemented on other Frames / abilities, not least Snow Globe, insta-pop for that one isn't okay.

7 hours ago, birdobash said:

Kinda sounds like a band-aid fix if you ask me. But I never knew about that, thx for the knowledge lol.

Also it seems like abilities still sometimes get stuck in "in-use" states, I think mostly with the operator dying or something, cus it seems to happen most often during eidolons when you're popping into operator mode and it dies a lot.

It is a band-aid fix. Charity makes me want to say that's the only plausible fix, but cynicism makes me say they just couldn't be bothered. Maybe it's just another example of "quick fix and forget." Either way, that's why it is the way it is now. It's preferable to the alternative of never being able to recover.

20 hours ago, Colyeses said:

Harrow, uniquely, benefits from having active abilities stripped when going out of bounds.

I used that to chain Covenant together in the Profit Taker fight.

Isnt that power hungry? Like REALLY hungry? Especially if your stripping ur buffs I'm assuming you're also not using his thurible at all

Edited by birdobash

2 hours ago, birdobash said:

Isnt that power hungry? Like REALLY hungry? Especially if your stripping ur buffs I'm assuming you're also not using his thurible at all

It is horribly power inefficient and also the only way to stay alive. Max duration does help though, and I never leave home without Zenurik.