General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Profit Taker - Part 4: No Heavy Ammo Drops

fr4gb4ll

only once so far after about two dozen runs on the spider. there wasn't not a single corpus enemy (the dude with the fluctus) who would drop heavy ammo during the fight... the outcome of this run is therefore ofc obviously too.

i still can't understand the fixation about hindering us with using the heavy guns and therefore only let one enemy type being able to drop this ammo (and ofc, those buggers only spawn in this particulary mission too).

sure this bug seems rather rare, but it's still annoying to waste time to a fight one can't win. we need a pizza for heavy ammo, please - or just let the normal ammo-pizza fill the heavy guns too. optional, just let other enemies drop this ammo too (there sure are other enemies like the stationary guns or the bigger spider bots who would be an option for this).

Ideally, the game should automatically spawn a Terra Manker (those Fluctus enemies) when the shields are gone. That way, you are guaranteed at least 1 enemy is available to get heavy ammo from when you actually need it. The only issue this "bug" causes is you failing the last 5 minutes of the bounty due to the time limit. Your current solution would be either don't kill the Terra Manker until you need the ammo, or kill but carefully avoid the ammo pickup. If you + squad can't burn through at least one phase (4 legs + 1 body) from full ammo without refill, that is a clear sign you are under-geared and need to mod your arch-gun more/better. 

well, the manker was especially 'made' to provide the heavy ammo (since the bugger uses a fluctus himself too, it does make sense) and i'm ok with the concept of only those enemies dropping the ammo to (though i would still like the 'pizza option' nonetheless - even if we would need a special pizza for the heavy ammo). ofc, it works well to use the AW gun only for the leg-part and else use the normal armament (which is what i actually do). this bug was just so tht no manker at all was spawning at any time i was in the mission... i figured the reason was that the original host (who might have left before i even came into the mission) triggered this bug (similar things happens after host migration in other missions as well, though not so mission breaking as with the spider) and i never had this since, even though i had a few host migrations during the spider fight too.

anyway, this is, like i said, luckily a rare glitch and likely more due to the ever-annoying faulty migration system than due a bug in the profit taker mission itself - but, it also shows what can happen if essential 'resources' are only available through one enemy-type... this is more an oversight in the design imo (though, not to bad a flaw).

btw, i wonder why we can have self-refilling ammo for the same guns in space and have such a restriction in "atmospheric" condition... i would like to hear an explanation, lore-wise, for that form the devs (no, not a game-tactical explanation - this is rather obvious if not very logical though).