Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upset about Prime Noggles.

Kryogeneva

Think I've bought almost every prime access, and I don't really care about noggles anyway. (Are they tradeable? I'd love to give most of them away.) But's a little puzzling that they'd do this retroactively instead of making them an official part of the bundles.  Even if the noggles weren't ready, they could have said something like, "...expected to arrive in late 2018 / early 2019."

I suppose if that was the issue, making them surprise gifts gave them maximum flexibility.  And it probably sounded like a nice gesture, rather than more material for forum kvetching.

I have no issue with Prime Noggles being exclusive for people actually purchasing prime frames.

The prime frames are not exactly cheap, but hardly rewarding when free players farm the prime frames therefor paying players really are just saving time and supporting the game that bit more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (NSW)Hannah said:

I got 11 Prime Noggles and I couldn't care about ship decor! I know I don't speak for everyone but personally I don't mind if they make them accessible to everyone 🙂

Ditto, I got a bunch and I'd give them away if I could. If you like that kind of stuff I have no problem with them being for sale.

Le 21/12/2018 à 06:45, (XB1)DShinShoryuken a dit :

Prime stuff does not exist in the game storyline. It is something to show off for the players.

HUM HUM

Révélation

prime warframe just design the original warframe, the prime warframe are the warrior that get transformed by getting injected serum into them, after their rebellion and the discover of the transference they was used for the tenno, some get their concienousses locked some not (gara by exemple), normal warframe a just bootleg warframe. By the way some people say valkyr prime kill the lore but no, actualy the original was valkyr prime, after the tenno get a copy of the warframe named gemesis and this one get captured and tortured and the corpurs copy the copy to the normal valkyr

• Like 1

On 2018-12-21 at 5:28 AM, Kryogeneva said:

I know I am ganna be targetted by everyone who has PA saying "suck it up princess". But oh well, here's my frustration anyway.

I, and many others, have asked for prime noggles since basically the first noggle. I have bought much platinum. Many prime accessories. Even a prime access (ember). I have her glyphs n errytang. 

1: why is this not a purchasable thing?

2: why am I being excluded for "not investing"? I wasn't aware there was an "if you buy this, you may see future goodies!" clause - this would have impacted my decision on MANY prime accesses. I'm poor. I can't just buy every single one.

3: For the PA I DO have, Ember, nothing (yet). I now have the noggle. Which IS nice.

And before yall get even madder: I am happy for those who have one. They seem genuinely excited. And I wouldn't care if I could just purchase them somewhere. But this, right now, feels like the biggest slap in the face since I started Warframe in November of 2013. 

I dunno. Why is it noggles? The one fakkin thing that many of us want the most? Why couldn't it just be little shoulder regalia or something?

P.S. I hate complaining on any Warframe forum because it usually isn't constructive and I am probably not thinking properly, but I genuinely feel offended and left out. 

I am going to regret this post. 

Edit: Ember Noggle delivered. Still, I think they need to be purchasable for plat or monies.

they could also have decided to not give anyone anything in retrospect for buying prime access and you wouldve complained less. Thats the funny part about this, you complain about them giving away something that they arent obligated to. And you still have the nerve to whine.

They said they would run the script again around this time every year going forward. Now that you know, save up what you can and if you have to, be selective in which ones you buy in 2019.

I too haven’t had the cash to get all the PA as they came, though I wish I could have. I also love the Noggles, but am not upset about this. I see it as incentive to strive for buying more PA next year to enjoy the spoils of new noggles this time next year.

This is a great gift platform IMO. Noggles are semi-personal and this badge of honor sits in your ship or donated to dojo, and only shared with those close to you, rather than some bloke running around showcasing their fancy shoulder regalia for bragging rights.

The thing is people were requesting for primed noggles. Then we get them in this manner. If they were available for plat you could buy several and any that you like. Sure they are just accesories but you have to admit in fashionframe its kind important. At the end of the day its no big deal and I'll get over it but yeah I can understand the dissapointment.

One way its nice to those that supported the game to get a little extra. In the other I can see the reason people being dissapointed as well. 

Maybe its an idea to have them available in the market in the future but slightly pricier since they're primes? Then again I'm sure people would complain that its available for everyone and how they spend so much money on those prime accesses. In the end people are gonna complain. Oh well.

They said they would run the script again around this time every year going forward. Now that you know, save up what you can and if you have to, be selective in which ones you buy in 2019.

I too haven’t had the cash to get all the PA as they came, though I wish I could have. I also love the Noggles, but am not upset about this. I see it as incentive to strive for buying more PA next year to enjoy the spoils of new noggles this time next year.

This is a great gift platform IMO. Noggles are semi-personal and this badge of honor sits in your ship or donated to dojo, and only shared with those close to you, rather than some bloke running around showcasing their fancy shoulder regalia for bragging rights.

• Like 1

I think the point is that when someone buys a prime frame, it isn't really special as a non paying player can get that frame easily the same day it's released. The noggles is actually something ONLY full prime access players can have and display.... And it's just a noggle. Not even something that you can show off to others in game really. It's the perfect reward and it's 1:1. You buy a prime frame, you get it's noggle. There's no stretch in understanding that logic. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2

It's all highly amusing to me, as DE has released the accessory packs to appease the individuals who want to farm, released the Prime Access to those who don't, and Unvault often to keep prices of digital objects in their digital market from inflating. Yes, this move does deter a bit from the farming aspect of the game, but has always been part of the game in which certain items HAD to be bought as a group, even if you only bought a "Fire and Ice" pack for the Primed Extractor and platinum. Now, they offer greater incentive to buy Frames directly from them, rather than pay 500 plat for a Rhino or Loki Prime. The arguments of buying the accessory pack not knowing a noggle would be attached in the future is the equivalent of going back to the restaurant and demanding to change your order a month later because they added a new item to the menu.

Look I understand the "if we knew before it would have changed the way we invested," I am sure if DE knew Noggles, among other items,  would be such a draw before hand they would have adjust the market and trade chats accordingly.

My recommendation, wait for the novelty to wear off. As DE develops this noggle concept, they will attempt to find a greater draw. They may decide noggles should be able to be recolored to match Warframes...but eventually the luster will wear off, and they will be forced to take other actions, which may mean price reduction on the PA or selling items separate from the PA. For now, people will buy them with the larger group and the larger price, justifying the marketing strategy, but eventually those impulse buyers will have completed shopping, causing DE to recoup that vacuum they leave. I expect that in the far future for DE, that each noggle will be sold separate, but only while the Frame is unvaulted.

Am 23.12.2018 um 20:50 schrieb SenorClipClop:

So it turns out I did see the day someone got personally butthurt about fictional bobblehead decorations in a game environment that is usually seen by nobody but an individual player.

Why do you say individual player? Other people can see them too when they visit your orbiter.

Am 23.12.2018 um 21:01 schrieb SenorClipClop:

Maybe? Put your mouth where your mouth is. Think of a PA you didn't buy. Tell me honestly, would the addition of a noggle of that Prime frame have changed your mind? Would you have bought that PA because there was also a noggle included?

Its pointless now to think about that because its too late. I am a collector and I have all of the standard noggles. I want them all or none, but now I have three primes that are kinda useless without the others. I am not going to buy the vault packs now that I have the warframes and weapons from these packs.

12 minutes ago, AZZEL said:

Why do you say individual player? Other people can see them too when they visit your orbiter.

On 2018-12-24 at 3:50 AM, SenorClipClop said:

a game environment that is usually seen by nobody but an individual player.

Visiting other people's Orbiters is a feature that doesn't benefit playing the game and, at least in my own experience, is seldom used. Yes, other players can see your noggles, but they usually don't.

On 2018-12-24 at 4:01 AM, SenorClipClop said:

Put your mouth where your mouth is. Think of a PA you didn't buy. Tell me honestly, would the addition of a noggle of that Prime frame have changed your mind? Would you have bought that PA because there was also a noggle included?

12 minutes ago, AZZEL said:

Its pointless now to think about that because its too late.

Is that a yes, or a no?

On 2018-12-22 at 3:20 AM, MagPrime said:

I'm not sure where to begin. 

Well, let's pick this one; why the Hek is it always a face slapping, middle finger throwing insult for people to not be handed something?   Oh no, DE came up with a new way to encourage some players to spend money.  The horror.  It's almost as if they're a for profit company.

It is a F2P done right, you can obtain all core game items for free, you can obtain the games premium from other players if you choose not to buy it,  or you can choose to spend money to get it.  

Prime Noggles are an incentive to spend money, nothing more. You are not entitled to none game bearing items just "because" and no one is offering insult for you to so eagerly take. 

1. I never asked to be handed anything.  At no point did I say 'I should never have to log on again, do anything, and get all these noggles.'  I simply feel that they should be able to be earned (earned being the key word there) in-game, since they were never part of the original 'deal' with Prime access to begin with.  That is a fair stance to take, even if you don't agree with it.  So no, as much as you and a few others here wanna throw 'entitled' around at people that don't like this, it isn't always a matter of entitlement.

2. Yes, obviously they're incentive to spend money on the game, and surprise - I've spent plenty on Warframe.  Most of the Prime access packs of the last 2 and a half years, many Tennogen items, quite a few bundles/palettes/misc items and gifts for people that I play with.  Like I said, I got 4 of these prime noggles the day this feature went live.  So if we're going with 'only people who spend money and support the devs should have a say' then hey, here I am.  

3.  Retroactive rewards like this are never a good idea because they didn't factor into the original premise of Prime Access.  5 years later and suddenly there's another reason people should have been buying these packs with cash instead of trading with players all of this time.  Of course there are people who are going to feel burned by that.

I'm sure that the gesture was largely intended as a thank you to people who spend money on WF, but it doesn't send nearly as positive a message to people that don't (which the game both enables and encourages).

Edited by GnomeFrame
Civility