Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best arch-weapon for profit taker

JohnKable

Question

i get that the new stats for ground arch-weapons are kind of all balanced to be on par with each other, but right now i stick with the grattler i picked as the first one and im not happy at all with it.
Its fully maxed and modded for damage (criticals, multishot and elements) but it feels really clunky and the damage is far from beins satisfying. if i just miss a few shots it takes one magazine and half to break a leg. and thats pretty terrible, aside from the stuns and bumps it has this 2 sec reload that really feels like its 5 seconds interrupted by everything. And it all feels quite bad since 1 run every 3 im like the only one shooting and its just painful

Can you guys give me some hints for the next weapon i should max out and use for the profit taker? even if its non better at damage, i want a weapon that feels right atleast. I can pick from basically any arch-weapon in the game

12 answers to this question

I been using Fluctis as it was the only 4 forma maxed out Arch-gun I had at the time. I've been doing DPS calcs on different ones trying to consider the new mods. Imperator Vandal is pushing 80k Burst DPS however Fluctis hits multiple parts per shot so it's very hard to compare them. Esp since you can give Imp Vandal 3m Punch-Through.

I don't have another Gyro right now to put on other weapons in order to test and I'm guessing that's going to be a common thing for a bit.

Grattler seems like it would be a strong option if you aim at the joints of the Orb Mother as those connection sections are what give you multiple hits. Oh you also might want the 100% Reload mod paired with the 120% Damage after Reload mod. If I ever get the 100% Max ammo mod those three should play well together. For non-Orb fights prolly the 100% Reload + 50% Fire rate in place of just 100% reload.

Edited by Xzorn

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I been using Fluctis as it was the only 4 forma maxed out Arch-gun I had at the time. I've been doing DPS calcs on different ones trying to consider the new mods. Imperator Vandal is pushing 80k Burst DPS however Fluctis hits multiple parts per shot so it's very hard to compare them. Esp since you can give Imp Vandal 3m Punch-Through.

I don't have another Gyro right now to put on other weapons in order to test and I'm guessing that's going to be a common thing for a bit.

Grattler seems like it would be a strong option if you aim at the joints of the Orb Mother as those connection sections are what give you multiple hits.

yeh i think any weapon has its pros and cons, the grattler i have now does ok damage even unbuffed but also feels really clunky.
imperator vandal probably has the best dps at full spool up but just because it uses a shtton of ammos (but looks still manageable) grattler has some PT and needs to hit certain spots for best damage output and fluctus has like unlimited PT and hits almost always atleast twice per bullet.

In regular missions i always use the fluctus, but i slapped my first gyro on the grattler because "it felt the right weapon for a giant spider robot" but now im not so convinced of that anymore

Of course i have all weapons maxed, with rubedo line barrel, 2 critical mods, multishot and most of them with 4 elements, but there is always room to take off an element and put one of the new mods

Edited by JohnKable

15 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

if your refering ot volts shield when I can tell you it wount do as much damage as it would with chroma

I am referring to Volt's shield. I would imagine that it wouldn't deal as much damage as Chroma. Personally though, I prefer Volt, hence why I was curious as to how well utilizing him works in the fight. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Rouskyrie2094 said:

I am referring to Volt's shield. I would imagine that it wouldn't deal as much damage as Chroma. Personally though, I prefer Volt, hence why I was curious as to how well utilizing him works in the fight. 

I really wouldnt recomend taking to volt as he will get vaporized in seconds during orb fight and top all what cc , even for chroma is bit of hard time unless you got something backing you up like two sets of arcane grace or any healer in squad and even what loads of nullis to deal with

Edited by bad4youLT

Only ever used Imperator Vandal, but for more common weapons, I'd say Velocitus for power shots and Fluctus for general use. To give you an idea, with no buff, my Imperator Vandal fully modded with multishot, dmg, cc, cd, 90 heat, 90 electric, 90 cold, +fire rate can take out 3 legs within 1 magazine (300 bullets) while dropping fps. Burning through 1/4 of its head takes like 1-2 seconds.

I haven't had the opportunity to use other weapons but my imperator vandal allows me to solo painlessly, 

Can usually take down 2 to 3 legs in a magazine, and the last one and head in the next. 

Have the CC, CD, damage, 3 element (radiation + cold due to damage bonuses) and fire rate mod. 

i haven't formad it so it is not as powerful as it can be. 

Might require more bullets, but it has decent fire rate and accuracy so fewer missed shots.

Can solo in under 10 minutes. 

Frame is inaros cause... I want to spend the fight actually fighting and not bouncing like a beach ball. 

Update: managed to get my hands on the multishot mod and the dual status mods. Can now take out all legs and the head in single clip and still have about 50 to 100 shots left..

Edited by 0_The_F00l