Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So- Is Redeemer Prime new Tigris Prime? One-shot level 160 Bombard/Heavy Gunner

Marakai

hace 20 minutos, Marakai dijo:

It's of course my opinion but I intend to keep expressing it on forum, which is a place for that.

Nop , the place for that is feedback forum ... here is just a bad player crying/ranting because most likely cant get a riven for the weapon or the weapon . Stop crying ... if the game is easy , is going to continue being easy , you can oneshot any enemy in the game (aside from endless lvl) with a lot of weapons .

I think it's OK. It might actually be healthy for Melee.

As people have said, it fires slowly and only hits one or two targets at a time. In that sense, it's balanced in much the same way that the Tigris Prime is balanced over other options like the Vaykor Hek, Corinth or Strun Wraith, which are all less powerful options, but less hit-or-miss and have other utilities. Redeemer Prime's powerful - ludicrously so in fact - but it has significant drawbacks. There are reasons to not use it in favour of, say, a polearm which might be less powerful but hits AoE. Melee still suffers a diversity problem, but honestly having an alternative to 'max range polearm' as a 'meta choice' is probably more helpful for that.

I just tested this, and something odd is going on. In simulacrum, if you turn "Pause AI" on, it crits a lot. But, if you turn it off, it only crits on the first shot, then every subsequent shot is a non crit. Same behavior was observed testing in Hydron, however, it only crit on the first enemy I shot, and none of the others. Was just a quick test, but you cannot 1 shot a 160 gunner without the crits, it takes like 5-10 shots.

2 hours ago, SinfulSpaceGoat said:

Why nerf it?

It's a really fun and powerful weapon, and its a nice change of pace from ctrl, whip, ctrl, whip, ctrl, whip.

Who forces you to use crit, whip, crit, whip? If anything - melee options are quite full of good end-game weapons not just Atterax spam.

So we will now change Atterax spam to Redeemer Prime one-shot everything spam?

I think DE should just make all enemies across WF level 10 and we won't feel difference with current state of "challange".... 

2 minutes ago, Internet_Toughguy said:

I just tested this, and something odd is going on. In simulacrum, if you turn "Pause AI" on, it crits a lot. But, if you turn it off, it only crits on the first shot, then every subsequent shot is a non crit. Same behavior was observed testing in Hydron, however, it only crit on the first enemy I shot, and none of the others. Was just a quick test, but you cannot 1 shot a 160 gunner without the crits, it takes like 5-10 shots.

That is why I asked in my first question: why does it crit? Pellets should not crit on this thing unless you use something like Arcane Avenger etc. 

It might be some bug in Simulacrum that applies stealth multi on shotgun shots or something like that.

Edited by Marakai

2 minutes ago, Marakai said:

That is why I asked in my first question: why does it crit? Pellets should not crit on this thing unless you use something like Arcane Avenger etc. 

It might be some bug in Simulacrum that applies stealth multi on shotgun shots or something like that.

Someone said in the video comment that it's a stealth multiplier not really a crit. Like when you try to stealth kill an enemies, it's will show yellow damage.

When the Redeemer was first released, critical hits with the shotgun blast was a single roll. If you rolled a crit, all pellets would be crits, making it a big gamble to build for. I have no idea if that was changed since then.

The thing about using Gunblades though, is that after awhile, it becomes really inconvenient to use because you have to be on the ground to use it. I used to use the Sarpa a lot but when you're trying to shoot on the move and you hit the quick melee while off the ground, you end up doing a jump attack straight into what you're targeting instead.

Gunblades have always been pretty strong, they're just not as comfortable to use due to their firing restrictions.

Edited by RX-3DR

51 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

Because people will complain that "iTs nOT BalAncEd", even though Warframe is PvE game 

Balance is still important in PvE games for a variety of reasons.

But that doesn't matter here because it IS balanced by virtue of still swinging and thus firing slowly, only hitting one enemy at a time except on a Gas build and has falloff. It's powerful in the right situation, but has several situations where it isn't - that's what OP is in a PvE game.

• Like 3

Il y a 2 heures, Internet_Toughguy a dit :

I think there is a bug somewhere with the crits. Tho gunblade shots have ALWAYS benefited from stealth multipliers, which means if you pause the AI it's normal to see all yellow numbers. 

Il y a 2 heures, Marakai a dit :

The second part is not a bug, it always worked like that.

It's the crit on alerted enemies that baffle me. How the heck do you get those. 

58 минут назад, Genesix6 сказал:

Because people will complain that "iTs nOT BalAncEd", even though Warframe is PvE game 

Because sure it would be really fun to only have a couple of viable guns whereas others would be trash if DE didn't bother balancing their game.

And btw any phrase typed LiKe ThAt sounds stupid, for example:

1 час назад, Genesix6 сказал:

WaRFrAmE Is PvE GaMe

As for this gun in particular. I doubd it has something 'broken' in it apart from general melee broken~ness, which makes certain weapon types better on their own, like stealth multiplier (like these 'crits' we see in the video which are not real crits but just enhanced hits), CO, Blood Rush scaling, Memeing Strike and so on. And these will hopefuly be solved in melee rework.

So don't make a fuss out of nowhere, it's just a slow burst damage melee weapon, nothing more.

• Like 1

Once again some people get too easily distracted by damage numbers to factor in conditions in the dps equation. In the simulacrum video ALL except one enemy are NON alerted and in sleeping state, it is even stated by the guy speaking. Oh and as I said before, it was still a head shot by the way.

When he tries full melee combat redeemer prime falls behind a well built zaw (especially the infested kind) even with a godly riven equipped. When he tries to un pause AI the weapon sings a very different song relying on blast damage to knockdown enemies in order to have a chance to allow fight. It's a really good weapon for CO if you can afford to push for high status chance, nothing scandalous and nothing too OP.

IF anything a case could be made against rivens giving, as always, way too much power. Not that there can be anything to do about it but it is worth mentioning how a weapon worth seems to be based on how much of an easy click game it becomes thanks to them. And people want frame rivens too....NUTS

Edited by D20

Just now, Legion-Shields said:

Yeah Redeemer definitely needs to be nerfed. 

it's a fake. if you take the time to read the pages.

awesome how some people, like you and OP, want a weapon nerfed on such biased conditions xD it shows the QI level here.

"NERF THIS!"

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Not everyone has the time or wants to watch a video, no matter how long it is.. always keep that in mind ^^

Unless it’s a LifeofRio video. People should always make time for him.

6 minutes ago, mikakor said:

it's a fake. if you take the time to read the pages.

awesome how some people, like you and OP, want a weapon nerfed on such biased conditions xD it shows the QI level here.

"NERF THIS!"

Haha you’re just afraid now that the secret is out. Don’t worry, DE will make the Redeemer’s demise quick and painless.

6 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

Unless it’s a LifeofRio video. People should always make time for him.

Haha you’re just afraid now that the secret is out. Don’t worry, DE will make the Redeemer’s demise quick and painless.

there's multiple videos about the redeemer prime not being able to one shot even with a riven so the evidence is already there. And before falsely accusing it why not try getting the weapon and use it to see if it's the same results? smh.

Edited by Nuvaftw

It's condition overload doing the heavy lifting imo.

The downsides of course being that the weapon isn't silent, you have to learn the rhythm to the stance in order to not get trapped in useless animations to catch those headshots, and it's not the pbaoe monsters that most melee with status, range and speed equipped with condition overload tend to be.

Compared to most prime counterparts, redeemer prime is only about a half step above the original and still below what redeemer was before they nerfed it imo.

I wouldn't burn lots of plat for a riven because we don't know how it will perform after tuning or what will happen to it in 3.0.

Comparing it to tigris prime makes no sense to me because it's not a shotgun...It's a gunblade.

This means you can equip both it and the tigris variant of your choice.