Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrodon hunting bug

Smartiik

Kubrodons are the only species that continue having bugged mechanics regarding sleep.

Ivara - Sleep arrow can successfully put any species to sleep, with the exception of Kubrodons that instantly wake up without the ability to interact. Even if you spam them with it, they keep instantly waking up, even if they were not aware of you to begin with. They also immediately start running away after waking up from the first sleep arrow.

Tranq - In the vast majority of cases, they don't go to sleep after 1 shot. They tend to start running away after the first shot. Right now I shot one once, he didn't run. I shot it a 2nd time, he just buried itself underground and disappeared. They keep ignoring the mechanic.

It is getting really frustrating as the highest value animal that you waste lures on keeps running off for the most ridiculous reasons. Would appreciate a fix.

Thanks

Happened to me twice in a row on the Incarnadine variant just now.

Incarnadine ignored the first tranq hit and went underground after the 2nd (described above).

Vallis slept after 1st shot.

Incarnadine ran off after the 1st tranq hit, I spammed sleep arrow on him while he was mid running away and quickly switched to tranq him a 2nd time. He was going to ignore it too and while in the middle of the jump animation to bury himself underground he finally went to sleep from the tranq. Totally broken.

Edited by Smartiik

55 minutes ago, Smartiik said:

Happened to me twice in a row on the Incarnadine variant just now.

Incarnadine ignored the first tranq hit and went underground after the 2nd (described above).

Vallis slept after 1st shot.

Incarnadine ran off after the 1st tranq hit, I spammed sleep arrow on him while he was mid running away and quickly switched to tranq him a 2nd time. He was going to ignore it too and while in the middle of the jump animation to bury himself underground he finally went to sleep from the tranq. Totally broken.

That's not a bug, it's sadly a feature.

Kubrodns have ability effect reduction and require 2 tranq shots.

I get 4ish seconds with a high duration sleep Equi.

13 minutes ago, trndr said:

That's not a bug, it's sadly a feature.

Kubrodns have ability effect reduction and require 2 tranq shots.

I get 4ish seconds with a high duration sleep Equi.

Which is weird because:

1. It doesn't behave consistently

2. The npc doesn't announce it

3. There is the cave animal where the NPC does announce it needs 2 shots, but you can still take them with 1 sleep arrow

It is so contradictory